- von Firefox-Benutzer 17471456, vor 4 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI can confirm reddit stopped working while this addon is on. Also some sites with cookies popup, which doesn't allow you to continue to explore without accepting cookies doesn't work correctly because this addon hides cookies window.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15623467, vor 4 TagenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI've been using this extension for few years now, never had a problem, but as of recently Reddit stopped functioning with this extension running. Disabling it fixes the issue, so I'm not entirely sure where's the problem, but unfortunately I won't use it for now.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14544597, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenMost of the times it works perfectly, but sometimes it stops blocking ads on youtube and other sites
- von SonicFeather, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenIt is a really good extension but lately it does not work on YouTube. I don't know if there is some issue only for me or others but overall very nice extension.
- von Perro Loco, vor 7 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDoesn't block ads, or pop ups. I'm very disappointed. I have it set to block, but it just doesn't work.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14497406, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI get a lot of notices about how ghostery is slowing down firefox. Especially if I open up more than three tabs at once. Some page, e.g. business central (ms garbage) I have to disable completely because it makes the page unusable and will sometimes crash the browser.
- von The Voice Inside Your Head, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenSetting: "Restrict Site" ought to be turned ON for all sites as default.
"Notifications" [Ghostery announcements, features, promotions] ought to be turned off by default.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrThanks for the feedback! Notifications can be disabled in the settings menu: click the Ghostery icon > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click "notifications" > adjust accordingly. Reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can further address any questions or concerns. Thanks.
- von Rentapest, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenWanted a little bit more privacy on my browser, so tried this addon. Worked ok for a while, and was non-intrusive until recently, when it started to prompt me EVERY time I open my browser, to redeem a "coupon code" for some payed service I'm never going to use. I clicked "x" on 3 seperate occasions, it asked me today, and it got removed. ^_^ 3 strikes etc. Disabled "unlock rewards" in settings, and no other setting to disable spam/ads.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenHi, notifications can be turned off in Ghostery's extension settings: Click the Ghostery icon in the browser > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click "notifications" > adjust accordingly. To turn off Rewards: Click the Ghostery icon in the browser > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click opt in/out > un-check the box that reads "participating in Ghostery Rewards" Reach out by email to email@example.com with any questions.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12343100, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenWith Privacy Badger losing its manual controls, I decided to stop using that. Gave Ghostery another try. It works most of the time, but has too many problems. It's overzealous blocking things it's not supposed to block. For instance, I get only the blurry thumbnails for many Washington Post photos unless I turn off Enhanced Ad Blocking. It even keeps me logged out of that site unless EAB is disabled. Are you kidding me??? Ghostery also blocks Disqus by default on every site. I shouldn't have to manually unblock it on every site. That's a really dumb waste of my time. In the end, I switched back to Adblock Plus. Maybe not as comprehensive, but not a pain in the neck, either.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenGhostery offers global unblocking, so our users can unblock trackers and this setting will apply to all sites visited. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Thanks!