- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Klaas Vaak, vor 5 JahrenA good RSS reader. Nevertheless, I am confused about 1 aspect. When I want to mark all articles in a feed as read I use Shift+A while the feed in the left hand pane is selected. The number (whatever that means) on that feed disappears, but the articles remain shown as unread.
You can also double-click on the feed in the left hand pane. But if I do that, often there is still a number that remains shown for that feed, even though all articles in that feed are shown as "read".
I do not understand what the real difference between these 2 methods,
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14280828, vor 5 JahrenNice browser based RSS reader. There are a few features that I miss from my standalone readers (Thunderbird, QuiteRSS, RSSOwl).
- Like to navigate the RSS article items using the keyboard arrow keys.
- I would like the reading pane (view mode) to give an option to have the reading pane on the bottom and not just the right.
- In the magazine view mode, it would be nice to have the option to load and then navigate content in the pane rather than in a separate tab. The only options I see are either a summary or just the initial page.
Otherwise, good and functional add-on.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 JahrenThank you for the review.
1. You can see all keyboard shortcuts when you press the "?" icon in the toolbar. Navigation with up and down arrow between articles is not intentionally possible because it would screw up scrolling the article in view.
2. "Reading pane at the bottom" won't be implemented since it leaves very little space for the actual article. I know many users are accustomed to this type of view but you'll find that viewmode 3 is superior to that especially with modern widescreen displays.
3. In viewmodes 2, 4 and 5 you can click elsewhere in the article text/image to expand it within Feedbro (so don't click the article title, click e.g. the summary text in magazine mode).
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12955352, vor 5 JahrenWorks pretty good, but I'm still missing one big feature: no auto feed update option
Feeds are a great way to keep up to date about a diverse range of topics and the better the reader the more feeds you subscribe to.
Problem with having a feed reader in your web browser is that all of them will constantly broadcast the feeds you've subscribe to, anywhere you take your device to.
This is also true for feedbro, even with the autoscan interval set to the max (why is there no simple off option?).
Not only does it unnecessarily slow down the browser, it is also bad opsec.
Please add a truly and strictly "manual update" option.
Also, opening some menu or hovering a feed should preferably not lead to unnecessary dns requests (maybe when DoH finds widespread adoption this would be less of a concern). I think preventing this from within feedbro is not feasible or too much of a hassle. Disabling network.dns.disablePrefetch Firefox-wide it is then.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon bedwttr, vor 5 JahrenLove this app - such a beautiful, functional interface. I've moved from my longtime RSS reader Liferea. As long as this app remains stable, and actively worked on, I'm here to stay. Thanks!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Micha, vor 5 JahrenI am currently evaluating feedbro (FireFox) as replacement for liveclick which unfortunately is not compatible with FF57.
There are some Questions I have and some Features that I would like to see:
1) The popup list always contains only 10 entries.
Is this configurable? I have seen no setting.
It could be a nice feature to have a scrolling popup list with more entries.
At least the 10 entries should be automatically filled up to 10 again when deleting an entry.
Actually, you have to leave the popup and open it again to see 10 entries again.
2) Could all entries of the the popup list be deleted (via shortcut or context menu)?
Actually, only single entries can be deleted.
3) It would be nice to show all (as it is now), but also only a single feed in the popup list.
4) The Feedback link directs to the chrome page, not to the firefox addons page.
It would be great if you could consider some of these features for implementation.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Lecron, vor 5 JahrenGood. Very good. But not perfect.
All subscriptions are different. Need more individual settings (display mode, show only unread, etc) for each. Or save last view mode individual.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Finn, vor 5 JahrenOnly thing i i miss is a mobile version off the extention. that would sync via ff sync or something. so it would be easy accessable on moible also. since we arnt always on the desktop.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Plejaden, vor 6 JahrenI'm was looking for a replacment of Sage++ and found Feedbro to be the best alternative. A sidebar and a more lightweight looking design would be cool. My problem right know with Feedbro is that new articles are not listed (since update to FF 60.0b5 (64-Bit)!? I don't know). My news feed is zero and I'm sure that there are new articles. The manual refresh isn't working either. I got the pop-up that the scanning for new articles started scanning but nothing is found.Sounds like your Firefox profile has been corrupted which breaks IndexedDB functionality (which then prevents Feedbro from saving articles). You can fix your profile by opening URL about:support and then press "Refresh Firefox". Warning! This will remove your extensions and their settings so backup them first if you need to.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13312508, vor 6 JahrenQuite happy with Feedbro as replacement for Sage++, however I find it very scary to hear media playing when opening some rss feeds. Can this be blocked somehow or can you add an option to not download article bodies at all? I'm using mode 2 view only showing the headers and I don't read the articles in Feedbro as I open the links with Firefox in new tabs where I've blocked such things using uMatrix dynamic filtering.Any chance you could isolate which feed URL has those autoplaying videos/audio clips so we could take a look if it can be blocked somehow. Please send the URLs to email@example.com. Thanks!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Ervit, vor 6 JahrenI previously posted a 3-star rating, but I am seeing improvements and the developer is responsive, so I'm upgrading my rating up a notch. Sidebar support would get the fifth star from me as this is what I really need. Otherwise this is a very good feed reader.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Dino Conte, vor 6 JahrenFeedbro has become my perfect feed reader. Clear interface, no advertising. What more could you ask for?
What I miss:
->Synchronization with FirefoxSync, so that I have the same data at home and in the office.
->Which would also be nice: support for Android.
"You can "bookmark" articles by starring them."
Yes, I know that. But it would be nice to use Feedbro as Pocket or Instapaper alternative. So, save websites outside of Feedbro in Feedbro: -))You can "bookmark" articles by starring them. Click the star icon on the title row or at the end of the article. Alternatively you can use Pocket (Send To-menu).
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13707739, vor 6 JahrenPlease, 3 very simple requests:
- Make article titles (3-panel view titles list) to fit in just 1 line (including favicons option "on").
There is no need for 2 lines per title. If an individual user wants to see sources under article titles, then should be optional for him (but not forced for all users).
With the present 2 lines per title layout, it is very uncomfortable to use in small screens or mobiles (specially when we use lot of RSS). BTW, sources are described at the the first left-column, so it is redundant to put it again in title column.
- Make for the article titles, the same option articles have allowing customization of body font size and body line height.
- Make all columns 100% sizeable.
I use the "mode use 3". Columns have a small option to be resized. It will be nice to have 100% size control of the 3 columns.
I will give 5 stars if my 3 very simple requests are done.
Also, I will make a donation if it is done in the next days.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13683250, vor 6 JahrenDoes the job, but missing critical features: preload next post, jump to specific feed from article.
Edit: Thanks Nodetics. I was aware of the link to the source site on the "from"-line; there is no way to go direct to the _feed_ of a particular post while in the "All Items" view.
As for preloading, what is it a waste /of/? A waste of my bandwidth for the single next post I didn't read, or a waste of my time spent waiting for each and every new post to begin and finish loading?
Edit 2: I don't want to open the feed XML URL, but the feed itself within Feedbro. E.g., I see a particular article in the All Items view, then I want to stop reading All Items and read only that particular feed, within Feedbro.
The viewmode I use (and that needs the preloading feature) is #3, "List of article titles + selected article".
Edit 3: Thanks Nodetics! Perhaps some words & a link, placed at the end of the existing "from"-line, e.g.:
from _reddit: the front page of the internet_ _(Open Feed)_
from _reddit: the front page of the internet_ _(Open Site)_
Not sure which would be more popular - keeping the site name link pointed to the site, or switching it to the feed. FWIW, another aggregator (NewsBlur) doesn't link to site homepages from articles, but only from the site's feed.Edit: you can now click the feed icon on the "from line" (if you have "Use favicons in the article 'from line'" enabled in Options) to open that particular feed in Feedbro.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13619369, vor 6 JahrenHello,
I really like the feedreader, but I have ideas for improvement:
- Not a true sidebar (don't know if this is a limitation of the Quantum Firefox API)
- Other readers show the top 20 or 30 title under the bookmark in the sidebar (so the current tab is free)
I pin the TAB, and switch back occassionally but the sidebar solution is much more elegant
Since the design of the folders seems to be already be a tree (open close folders) this should be easy
- The view mode 3 and 6 show "Feed Text" and then second Line the source. This is quite a waste when I clicked on one bookmark, since I know which feed I clicked ;) It would be enough to show "Icon of Source" + "Feed Text" as an option. This would give lots of screen space back, especially when on a large screen.
- I would like to have a variant of mode 3 with small texts (and Icon mode ;), then add a column for every other feed. So I would have
Feed 1 | Feed 2 | Feed 3. Refreshing the feeds would add a new entry to the relevant feed. There are people with wide or even multiple monitor setups who could simply watch 20 feeds move around aday ;)
Thanx alot for this.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13611267, vor 6 JahrenGreat rss app, thank you very much!
I am however experiencing a few issues with it:
- media autoplay: pages with videos or audio frequently begin playing them as soon as the article is loaded. It would be nice if there were a setting to disable this, or it were disabled by default.
- page redirects: some sites attempt to take you to their website automatically when the article is clicked on. It would be nice if this could be prevented, even if only the headline is shown. I've simply had to remove these feeds from the reader (eg. engadget)
- feedly integration: it would be very nice if it were possible to get our feeds from a service like feedly, this way it is easy to have the
same feeds across devices.
- duplicate articles: some news sites have many feeds which can contain duplicate articles. it would be nice if there were an option to not show and mark as read duplicate articles (articles with the same title?) (eg. reuters)
Thanks!Thank you for the review.
Could you please send us URLs to blogs that have autoplay videos (firstname.lastname@example.org)? Feedbro does not automatically autoplay anything so it's always the feed markup that causes it. But perhaps there are cases that can be fixed. However, if the video is embedded using an iframe, there isn't much we can do.
Can you also send links to blogs that have those "page redirects". Note that in Feedbro you can expand the article in Feedbro if you click elsewhere in the article area (not the title).
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13456547, vor 6 Jahrengreat addon.
I was a strong user of SAGE, only problem detected is time to update the feeds.Thank you for the review.
What do you mean by "time to update the feeds"? You can adjust feed update frequency individually by feed if you right-click the feed in the feed tree, select Properties and then adjust the "Scan interval" setting. With that a feed can update even every minute. Note that it is not recommended to have many feeds with very short scan interval though.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Spanky, vor 6 JahrenGreat, works awesome, I keep the reader open as a pinned tab and it has totally replaced my liveclick extension which didn't make it to FF57. Thanks Feedbro!
I did 10 minutes trying to find a feedbro forum or somewhere to post a problem and get help, but I couldn't find anything. I know review section on FF site is not the place but what else can I do. About 2 updates ago for some reason Feedbro lost all my subscriptions and rules and totally reset. I don't know if this could have happened due to a Firefox sync that I did. Anyway since then one of my feeds (I added them back) seems to be stuck repeating. I can literally reload it every then seconds and it loads feeds from a few days ago in groups of two or three until getting to the current one then repeating. It also removes the newly loaded feed feed from its old position in the list, so there are no visible duplicates. It's like the track of a tank just going in an endless cycle. It's only the one feed and only since I had to replace it after I lost the feed originally. The site itself doesn't have many new updates so I haven't seen how it works when an ACTUAL new feed comes along. I have deleted and reloaded the feed numerous times... I'm pretty sure nothing has changed on the site in question (predb.me). I would appreciate any help with this issue, because it bugs me that every hour there is are a couple 'new' feeds but when I check it's the same ones from that one site.
Edit: Also, where is the 'known issues' section on the 'front page' mentioned in a reply to another user here? What front page exactly?Please use the support email address mentioned on the add-on page: email@example.com
Please send the URL of the feed you are having problems with so that we can sort out the issue. Front page is the page that opens when you open Feedbro (with the Feedbro logo, main function icons etc.). Note that you won't see this if you have selected "Open all items view at start" in Options.
Known issues link is now also on the Help page.