- von Fred, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI love this addon but lately it causes 60 - 80 % cpu load on youtube videos with live chat (at least I believe thats what's causing it).
E.g. on this site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXXA3rov59A it is causing high cpu load, while on vids from LinusTech w/o the live chat it is not.
Testing it was easy. Just deactivating your addon on above mentioned site lowered my cpu load by 50 to 60 %.
- von C.P.R, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenSome sites will not load pages due to this add-on.
And many of the site's services don't do a good job of switching to dark mode.
It's an obvious flaw.
After the update, it looks like the problem has been fixed.
I'd like to add that it would be helpful to be able to set the colors of the various elements a little more.
- von Red_Start, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenLove this effect on some sites, but there should be a way to enable a whitelist so you can manually add sites that look good with it an allow all others to remain unchanged.
- von me, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sterneneats ram like crazy. virtual swap file uses 26+ Gb of memory. ubuntu 16.04. ff86 when i kill process the memory frees and add-on stops working. when is firefox going to fix their bright white blue light f-u and your eyes display for web pages? why are we forced to use addons like this that jam up my laptop to reduce the pain caused by these 'look directly into the sun'' webpages? why don't more websites provide night or less eyeball shredding versions of their pages? and why does this addon need so much ram?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15704532, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenA few things that would make this even better:
A toggle based system so that I can turn it on whenever I feel like it.
A whitelist based system so that I can only turn on black mode for the sites I want, instead of having to disable all the sites that I don't want to have this extension enabled on.
Default color should be something lighter in the first place. SoL but hey.
- von hambone, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI like what it does and it seems to work well, but I'm disabling for now because it makes my pages bug out for a few seconds while loading and then changing the colors. Probably just my crap computer, so results may be different for you.
- von Reff, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenthe addon made EVERY website to become dark unless specifically disabled. theres no option for the opposite. this makes it very irritating when you open a new site and its all messed up and i have to manually disable the addon. even though i uses this addon just for ONE site.
- von aplatypus, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI feel this is a good solution for a challenging problem. Unfortunately the colour balance for several key sites are going to require more tweak-time than I have right now.
For example, folks with better eye-sight than I, may not notice that "dark mode" usually needs the font size bumped on point. There was subtle structural stuff missing on gmail and facebook just due to colour choices, etc. 'General composition and layout' rules cast white space in the role of "framing". When that is removed, something extra is needed to maintain the relationships and flow hints from a UX perspective.
The thing that really decided it for me as shadow text is not at all handled well. Lots of stuff was so fuzzed that I couldn't read it. As I say, put aside time to TWEAK your favourite sites.
I love the plugin. At this time, I can't really realise the benefits.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14615493, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenUn reproche, le module ralentit le chargement des pages (elles se rechargent deux fois) donc ralentit la navigation. Autrement, il est simple d’utilisation et efficace.