- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon FFUser2020, vor 2 JahrenGood tool for fix URLs or fix parts of the URL, but on complety dynamically generated URL for static website content it fail.
e.g. searching for jobs on https://jobboerse.arbeitsagentur.de.
but this could be solved with saving with unique strings (reference-number) on the website.
Then this duplicates could be found with replacement the dynamic parts of url and a filter ofexpression for name and URL.
now my summary of things good and bad:
(+) very performant
(+) very mighty filtering with regex to find duplicates
(-) it is not very inituitive , a complete debug log in a text file or browser should be usefull
(-) the combobox and the regarding Button are not intuitiv to, a quick improvement could be put the combobox and reagrding butting in a border toshould that it belongs togehter
(-) if no special filter fits or deep subfolders it could be in some case it could confusing , show only bookmark name on the link could help (switchable: Full path bookmark name / short bookmarkname)
(-) i think the the system of local and sync storage is not so good. better where a default profil and create some profiles if the user need and a combo-box to use the filters of the of the selected profile
Feature i really miss is following:
- If I look or filter for duplicates i often would rename a bookmark but then go in the bookmark mangemnet or dive in the subfolder and use the context menu to change to properties is very elaborate.
- export / Impo settings
- creatable and selectable profiles for different filter settings
If thsi feature will implemented i will give 5 points
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenThanks for the comprehensive review. I hardly find time to work on the add-on, so it is unlikely that I can implement any of the ambitious suggestions like saving profiles etc. Of course, contributions are welcome. In any case, I do not want to remove the possibility to decide whether to store locally or remotely.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14306928, vor 2 JahrenIt's a very good add-on to find dupes & empty folders. The other 2 options are kinda useless or I just don't understand their purpose! Why would I want to see non-dupes or all bookmarks? I could do that through FireFox!!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Dan Warfield, vor 3 JahrenThis reduced 47,000 bookmarks to 7,000 very quickly. Thanks! The only reason it isn't 5 stars is that I still have to merge some folders by hand. Would be good to have a way to find folders with duplicate names and an offer to merge them. But a great add in all the same!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Korwin, vor 4 JahrenFirefox 67.0a1, Windows 10. Нельзя выделить сразу все найденные результаты, приходиться выделять по одному. Пустые папки находит, закладки с одинаковыми URL тоже.The first claim seems to be incorrect:
There is a button to select all bookmarks. Also many other combinations of bookmarks can be selected by just pressing a single button.
If these buttons should not work, please report a bug.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Wireball, vor 4 JahrenBookmark Dupes removed over thirteen thousand* duplicate bookmarks in about ten minutes. The multi-select is awesome. Remove all but the newest, for example.
My only regret is that it doesn't *seem* to support merging the contents of folders with the same names. After deleting empty folders, I have two hundred folders remaining with various different assortments of bookmarks in them, but most of the folder names are duplicated over five times :)
*-(Some people might be wondering how I ended up with so many duplicates to begin with. Xmarks and to a lesser extent Sync had some problems merging bookmark sets with large numbers of changes between different computers. A few browser crashes while syncing didn't help. That led to huge amounts of bookmark and folder duplication.)> merging the contents of folders with the same names
Merging/Removing duplicate bookmark *folders* is IMHO a rather different task than removing bookmarks.
(Actually, I consider already the option to "move" instead of removing the bookmarks a questionable feature.) It would require a completely different UI.
Currently, it is not implemented, and I have neither plans nor time to implement it (if somebody really wants to implement it, please contact me by pm or on github.)
Concerning the bug that the moving does copying instead of moving: I cannot reproduce it.
Technically, it uses this function https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/bookmarks/move and if this does not do the claimed thing, I would say it is a firefox bug (which should be reported to firefox), or perhaps you have some strange folder which is e.g. immediately re-filled by some other extension or something similar I cannot reproduce.
But it seems that this part was removed from your comment, so perhaps you could not reproduce either.
If you can, please report details about the bug on github (or send me a pm).
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon B Tang, vor 4 JahrenUseful addon but would be even better if it had an option to chose which bookmark folders to check for duplicates / include only certain folders in the duplicate search.