- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Borzlav, vor 3 JahrenWorst ever. It has made a mess into my bookmarks in Firefox, putting all in a "dupe" file ; when I wrote it off, it drove most of my items into "Other bookmarks" in a complete disorder.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenPresumably you selected "mark all" and then "move marked bookmarks to dupe".
Note that firefox makes regular backups of your bookmarks: You can restore to a previous stage by opening "Bookmarks -> Show all bookmarks" and there "Import and Backup -> Restore".
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15105584, vor 3 JahrenThis extension is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!! No sooner than I download it, I follow the instructions to the letter, and all I get is the instructions page of 'how to use this extension" I can't get anywhere with this extension!! Then I try the "support site", what a CROCK!! You have to SIGN UP for the gift hub account to even get into the support site, then there really doesn't seem to be any way to do THAT!! I can't get past the "create an account" page!! I may just have to go back to using Netscape or chrome!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12536339, vor 4 JahrenHi, Martin,
Unfortunately, I couldn't make the extension work.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 4 JahrenIf you describe the problem in more detail, maybe I can help.
However, I suggest to discuss this either by private mail or on the github bug page, since this medium here is not appropriate for a conversation with successive questions + answers.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13835602, vor 5 JahrenTried to used this program it locked up every time I attempted to use.Which platform do you use and which browser (exact version)?
If possible, please write a bugreport on the github page which is more appropriate to discuss technical details.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13616850, vor 5 JahrenMost buttons dont work. Only "elect all" and "select none"It is the first time that somebody reports such a problem; I was not able to reproduce it.
Now bookmarkdupes 4.0 is out. Internally, this is a major internal rewrite, so it might have fixed your problem.
If the problem should persist, I would appreciate if you open a bug on github (or if necessary write me an email) so that we can discuss technical details.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon AnotherPersona, vor 5 JahrenI wanted this to work.. as I have over 8 thousand bookmarks (ridiculous). It loads and finds, but 3/4s of the drop down seems to to be.. gone? I assume there is something that is supposed to fill that space. Ho hum.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon jvandervleut, vor 5 JahrenLost most of my bookmarks... and DAMN I didn't back up first...*(&amp;*%#
#edit dec 4th 2017: I could get a backup and almost have all my (duplicate) bookmarks back.
@Martin: I didn't press an unfortunate button combination. What I did was start the add on, select 'keep first, remove duplicate'and then pressed GO. I have almost 5000 bookmarks in total (dupes included), so the progression bar went by every 20%, until 100% was reached. It then took quite some minutes for Firefox to get up and running, only with just a fraction of the bookmarks that it supposed to have (should have been nearby 2500 left, which it didn't). So there's something with the amount of bookmarks that the add-on is limited to process....
PS: If you want, I can contribute to your project and help translate to dutchEdit:
There was an edit of the comment indicating that there is perhaps really a bug in bookmark-dupes (although so far, I was not able to produce the described problem in any testing and had no other such report.)
Since I had switched off localization of bookmarkdupes' webpage (due to various problems) it seems that all related edits of this discussion got lost.
For reasons like this, this is not a good medium for communication about a bug.
Therefore, I opened https://github.com/vaeth/bookmarkdupes/issues/22 (but if you prefer we can also discuss instead by email).
Translations are always welcome, of course. (Preferably by a pull request on github, but if you are not familiar with git, drop me a note and we will find another way.)