- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Zia, vor 6 MonatenJust removed duplicate bookmarks using this add-on..
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Venkat, vor 6 MonatenGreat nifty tool. Very fast and accurate.
Need to understand the options once we run the Bookmarks DUPES.
Options to mark the duplicates in many ways.
For a huge volume of bookmark duplicates use one of the intuitive 'marking' options.
(Example in each duplicate group, select all but latest).
We can also manually choose and remove but when faced with a huge volume better to leverage the tool.
It also creates a "Dupes' folder we can move (similar to Recycle Bin on a computer) before permanently removing or choose to directly remove. As the Add-on warns, once removed there is no way to get back. But that is how it works. (It is like when we empty recycle bin)
Awesome tool. Kudos to the creator (s)
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon patlgillen, vor 6 MonatenSolved +1000 dups problem pretty easily and without issue. Thanks so much!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Solid, vor 7 MonatenTHANK YOU MARTIN! GREAT WORK!
I had over 50k bookmarks to deal with.
Bookmark Dupes did 99% of the work for me!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Andy, vor 7 MonatenI did not use expert mode, but I felt this add-on was easy to use and handled my problem (duplicate bookmarks) very quickly with no issue.
I have imported my Chrome bookmarks several times over the years and was dealing with several duplicate copies of my Chrome bookmarks with varying levels of additions in Firefox. I finally decided it was time to clean.
Bookmark Dupes allowed me with one click to find all of the dupes in my library. With a second click, I was able to select all but the newest bookmarks, and with a third click I was able to move them to a new folder called dupes. Then a quick check to make sure that everything was good and I deleted ~7000 bookmarks from my library.
I then ran the "empty folders" option. The only minor complaint was that I had to run the "empty folders" about five or six times. I'm assuming that if an empty folder is inside another folder it will not consider the parent folder empty, but it was pretty easy to to "empty folders" then "select all" then "delete" until 0 empty folders were reported so definitely not a major complaint.
Overall great and easy to use, took less than five minutes to install and clean out my bookmarks library.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17608465, vor 8 MonatenWorks well. If you just imported a large number of bookmarks (17,000 in my case), wait 5–10 minutes before searching. Similarly, after batch deleting bookmarks, give it another 5–10 minutes before closing the tab.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon DasBaconfist, vor 8 Monaten+ easy to use
+ self explanatory
+ does exactly what it is supposed to do
+ no weird stuff
as always: make backup before any changes. (export your bookmarks)
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Drivers666, vor 10 MonatenIf it gets Hungarian, you will get the five stars! consider it necessary!