- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Ahmed，1 個月前Works and great idea to sync via bookmarks but could could use more features like:
--option to instead of date folder structure to just list all in one folder (prefixed with date stamp)
--option to exclude page title (for easier skimming and review on other devices)
--organizing them within folders via category
--"snoozing" to a certain time and using as a flashcard system and overall more highlight management.
Also it is confusing how this has to do with Google bookmarks.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 laodan，2 年前Thanks a lot. I'm a writer and find Yawas is a great tool to store future usable quotes.
The highlight works fine and Google/bookmarks is great for storage.
One suggestion would be to customize how the text of the highlights appears in Google/bookmarks :
-- you are using << as starting point of the first highlight on a given page and close it with >> << ... >> << ... >>
-- the next highlights follow as indicated
-- the result is visually confusing.
I manually edit the text of a bookmark by replacing << with br inside < >
and >> << with br br < >
The result is a clean and visually ordered text.
Would it be possible to tweak Yawas along those lines ?
Answer to your response here under.
I discovered indeed that Yawas does not find the highlights after having edited out the << and >>.
An empty line between highlights is radically improving readability and I discover that the presence of the markers is useful in the sense that they signal the presence of text on the webpage that was not highlighted in-between these markers.
Thanks for adding an empty line between highlights.
開發者回應張貼於 2 年前Hello
By editing out the << and >>, Yawas will not find your highlights well the next time you visit the page. (It depends on these markers to recreate the highlights and comments)
But we could add newlines between highlights to improve readability.
Notice that Yawas is open source at https://github.com/ldenoue/yawas
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 PERCE-NEIGE，2 年前Very good idea, but should be improved. You should replace the text in the context menu by an icon (red pen icon, yellow pen icon, or simply yellow square, a cross for "delete"...), it makes it faster to use, because you don't have to read the description (more instinctive) "Comment" doesn't work. (That's a pity, because I would need to pin comments to highlights). And I would even prefer a way with fewer click to highlight, the highlight tool directly in the context menu, with only one click (and changing the color in the options), it allows to work faster. (I don't have the window with colored round icons, that we can see on the image of your website)
How does it work for linking highlights to Google bookmarks (it's the best part of the addon)? Because I didn't see any login section.
開發者回應張貼於 2 年前You have keyboard shortcuts to quickly highlight text in the page. I like your idea of using icons though in the context menu.
Google linking works by adding your highlights in the comment field of google bookmarks. It’s handy because it allows you to have all your data stored inside Google Bookmarks: you can access them from any machine.
You should be asked by Yawas to login if you’re not when we try to highlight a page. There’s a little Yawas green box on the bottom right corner that you can click on if you’re not logged in.
Yawas is on Github so your contributions are welcome.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 OmTatSat，3 年前Thank you for great addon!
Also had problem "Didn't work. It said "Yawas cannot store your highlight because you are signed out. Please signin first and then refresh this page" I signed into google, didn't work.. "
To fix problem i logouted from gmail site in Firefox and logined again. After this, worked fine)
- 評價 1 分，滿分 5 分來自 JackD，3 年前Didn't work. It said "Yawas cannot store your highlight because you are signed out. Please signin first and then refresh this page" I signed into google, didn't work.. Signed into FF sync, didn't work. I have no other highlighters installed.
FF 69, Ubuntu 16.04
I'll keep it long enough for you to reply just in case it can be made to work. I really hope so.
EDIT: Tried that, made gmail the 1st tab open, didn't help. Couldn't find the .js script you mentioned.
Uninstalled.strange. could you try opening gmail in a tab, make sure you're signed in, then open a new tab, navigate somewhere and try to highlight something? Alternatively, open the extensions panel, and look for the script background.js of the Yawas: the console might show some error messages. Thanks.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Peter Kehl，3 年前How great. I compared many highlighting/note taking add-ons, and this one wins. Why?
- It stores the text(s) that you highlighted. Even if the page changes (or disappears) later, your highlights stay.
- It backs them up (stores them) and shares them with Firefox synchronization across your computers/profiles and devices.
Would you like to organize the bookmarks (and highlights stored in bookmarks)? Use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-search-plus-2.
Would you like to print a page with your highlights? Or to export it as a PDF? Don't use standard Firefox printing (or printing to a file). I tested nine most used and highest rated PDF extensions. Out of them, only one saves the page with your highlights. It's slow, but it works: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/fireshot.
If a website disables right click/text select, use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/absolute-enable-right-click.
Beware of 4096 characters limit for the total of the title and all the highlights.
- 評價 1 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 15121230，3 年前I do not recommend you to use this extension. It suddenly started to use 50-60% of my CPU. I couldn't do anything until I remove this extension.
- 評價 2 分，滿分 5 分來自 Judykator，4 年前Podkreślenia działają. Jest natomiast problem z pdf. Rozszerzenie przechwytuje je - niezależnie do ustawienia - a potem pdf nie można zapisać.
開發者回應張貼於 4 年前Yes, you're correct.
I submitted a new version that does not handle PDFs by default.
To handle and highlight PDFs, you now need to open Yawas's preferences in about:addons and check the 'handle PDF' checkbox.
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 Reijo Koskela，4 年前Installs on Firefox and Chrome. Saved to Google Bookmarks: if I use several Google accounts in Firefox and Chrome, this uses the one I signed in GMAIL?? // WHERE IS A PROPER SUPPORT SITE ???
I did not get this working at all in Firefox, although I have signed in Gmail. Perhaps it is because I have installed also these HighLighters?: Diigo and WiredMarker.
Yawas is in my Firefox right-click menu when I select text, and when I select a color the text gets a color for a fraction of a second only and then it remains un-highlighted!
I am not using PDF feature, I disabled it, the problem is at normal websites, like google main page www.google.fi
Diigo and WiredMarker highlighter addons works fine at websites Yawas Firefox does not work at all for me.
開發者回應張貼於 4 年前I checked again today on my Firefox 60.0.2 (64-bit) Mac OS and it works but only if you're signed in to Google. Try opening another tab, sign in to Gmail for example, then go back to the tab you wanted to highlight and reload the page. Then you should be able to highlight that page. Then it should work on all new pages you visit (but reload the tabs you had opened before you signed in, because Yawas uses the presence of a cookie to know if it can store your highlights in Google Bookmarks).
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 osama_naguib，5 年前Good extension, require some bug fixes, such as it handles all pdf files without your consent, even when you uncheck the "use Yawas to view pdf documents" and clicking "save", it stops temporarily from handling the pdf files, but afterward it starts to handle it again.
- 評價 1 分，滿分 5 分來自 anshulguleria90，5 年前Not working. I select text and then right click to choose color. It basically flashes that color and nothing happens.
>> Are you signed in to Google Gmail?
I was. But should that matter? I don't believe that this plugin depends on my login.
PS: replying here because I don't see any option to reply your question
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 Joe，5 年前I've been using this add-on for a couple of days now and find it great. It does what it says, but there are a couple of things that need to be worked out.
1) Even though the add-on show that the Yawas PDF viewer was off, it actual was used when I view a PDF in Firefox. It was an easy fix. I went the add-ons, click the PDF viewer on, the immediately clicked it back off, and that solved the problem.
2) The issue with number one above would have been okay, except that I needed to save to document to my desktop. When I clicked on the save in the PDF, being viewed in the Yawas PDF viewer, the document was never saved or printed.
3) I suggest a way to be able to change the colors of the highlighter. A few of the colors assigned are really not very useful.
Other than these minor issues, I feel that In can recommend this add-on.