- 來自 TonyImagine，2 年前評價 5 分，滿分 5 分Tranquility greatly helps to reduce visual and mental clutter and helps to store or share articles without including unneeded elements and links. I find it very useful indeed.
Recently the developer kindly added the URL at the top of the page, which eliminates another tedious step in sharing or saving articles with a source reference. To the developer: a sincere THANK YOU!
A respectful suggestion: Many Tranquility-processed web pages omit the original TITLE. Could the title be included in all cases, please? If it's not included I have to manually insert it while saving or sending the Tranquility-processed article, which wastes a lot of time.Thank you for the review. I add back any removed H1 tags (typically identical to the title of the page) in version 3.0.19 (pending review) and that seems to work for most pages. Once that version is released/approved, you should see the changes.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 15984381，2 年前評價 5 分，滿分 5 分Works, but why would I use it over Firefox' inbuilt Reader Mode?Thanks for the review.
If you are happy with Reader Mode, this extension may not add much value. If you are looking for functionality that is not in reader mode, you may want to see if this extension addresses some of those needs.
For more details, please see my reply to an earlier review at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tranquility-1/reviews/1517344/
- 來自 xerus，2 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Works, but why would I use it over Firefox' inbuilt Reader Mode?Thank you for the feedback.
TLDR; For users that are happy with the built in Reader Mode, there is no need to use this extension.
This extension was first created in 2012 when there was no built in Reader Mode in Firefox.
Once Reader Mode was introduced in Firefox, for a while the listing description of this extension encouraged readers to first try the builtin Reader Mode and use this extension only if/when the user is not satisfied with Reader Mode.
Reader Mode works on on web pages that have an "article" tag (to the best of my knowledge) -- it is not enabled on pages that don't have an article tag. This extension works on pages even without an article tag.
There are always some pages where this extension does a better job that Reader Mode; and the converse also holds true.
Here are some of the additional features that are available that some users like:
(1) Finer ability to customize fonts, font size, reading width, background color etc.
(2) Ability to save pages locally for offline reading (and to add annotations/notes to offline articles); export/import such pages (as opposed to using an online service like Pocket)
(3) "Continuous browsing mode" -- when in the transformed view, clicking on a link will automatically take you to the transformed version of the page referred to in the link
Refer to the extension listing for more features.