- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 TheConservativeCrocodile，3 年前Good reader. Unlike Firefox's own reader, it displays links correctly and it switches to reading mode faster.
edit: This add-on is very well maintained. I had a minor difficulty going back and forth. This was quickly resolved by a few tips from the developer below this review.Thank you for the review.
You can toggle between the reader view and the original webpage by either:
* Clicking on the browser action icon again and it should reload the original page, or
* Clicking on the "Original Link" control (link/chain icon) that appears on the top right of the reader view of the extension. Sometimes, this control is auto-hidden; just clicking anywhere on the page will reveal additional controls for about 10 seconds (before being hidden again).
If you have problems with this functionality, please update your comment with a specific page where you don't see this working correctly.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Vince Aggrippino，3 年前Looks nice, but some links are no longer links in "Tranquility" view.Not all links are preserved in the Tranquility view. However, if a link that is part of the "main body of text" is no longer visible, then please provide an example and I can take a look to see if this is a bug or a limitation/feature.
Some of the links (related to the article, but not part of the main article) may be preserved under the "More Links" menu. To access this, click on the (+) control at the bottom right corner of the screen and then on the "More Links" button. That should give you any related links that are captured. Note that this list will not include any links that are already part of the main article (as hyperlinked text).
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 TYTY，3 年前My request was correctly improved in version 3.0.22. I think this is a really great add-on.
Therefore, I changed the review rating to 5 stars.
When clicking a navigation link that transitions between pages, it is better to move to the top of the opened page.
That's because normal browsing (= Tranquility off) does that.
When viewing a multi-page website, the previous version showed links to other pages, but the current version (3.0.21) no longer shows them. It is very inconvenient when moving to the next page.
[ Example ]
I'm sorry I can only show an example of a Japanese site.
There are 3 pages of articles on this website. Just below the article, there is a link with the page number to go to another page.
But when I turn on Tranquility, I don't see these links.Update on 2020-09-24:
Links to related pages are restored in version 3.0.22 (released today).
The extension does try to scroll to the top of the opened page (even as of version 3.0.21); but the code did not seem to work for some cases; a change has been made to try and address this problem. If this problem persists, please provide a specific page with instructions on reproducing the problem.
Update based on the example link provided:
Thanks for the example page. I identified that the regression happened between 3.0.18 (where this functionality worked for your page) and in 3.0.19 where it stopped working. I have added your example page to my regression tests suite.
The change that caused this regression does not have to do with the code that keeps track of such navigation related links; rather these links are enclosed within a certain type of tag that I started removing in 3.0.19 because for most pages, it was typically used as a way of navigating around the website as well as for social networking related links and had nothing to do with the main page content.
The fix for this regression will be available in the next release. It may take a couple of weeks for the next release so that I can combine this fix (moving just a couple of lines of code) with other fixes -- otherwise I will be burdening the reviewers with too many releases. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for the review/feedback. 3.0.21 should not have any code that explicitly tries to remove the navigation links. Please update your comment with an example page or open a ticket on the github support page (https://github.com/ushnisha/tranquility-reader-webextensions/issues) and I can take a look.
The extension tries to save navigation links that match one of the following 18 patterns (comma separated pattern list):
If the page has clickable navigation links that exactly match one of the above, the extension should be able to extract such links and preserve them in a clearly demarcated navigation section (with border); there is no guarantee that navigation links with other patterns will be retained by the extension -- although such links may have been retained in the past.
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 christopher bronowski，3 年前To be honest it hasn't been long enough. If you don't edit video all the time I say it's great so far. The content I produce is all over the place so I want to see if it reacts to insane content and if it plays tricks on how I think it will export. Basically see how it handles chaos and movement. i'll report back in and hour or a day.