Weird, not sure why you're running into any issues, i'm also running ff v93.0, can you please try clearing out all plugin information by going to the add-on option page and then scroll to the very bottom and click on "clear all add-on data" and then try reinstalling the plugin please?
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 14078353，1 年前Lets you choose specific folders to randomly choose from (so that way it's not just all bookmarks). It's working great so far, thanks so much for making this! My toddler likes to watch random cool music videos on my lap and this is a great way to do it.
- 評價 2 分，滿分 5 分來自 ConQ，2 年前The add-on does what it should do, but somehow it appears that the addon has direct influence on the Windows Explorer in Windows 10, causing it to crash and restart on a regular, when changing from an active window of the explorer into a Firefox window. After deactivating the add-on, this issue doesn't seem to occur anymore.
Edit: All in all I have prolly several thousand bookmars. But I used the Addon only for a subfolder that contains about 600 bookmarks. Yes I found that weird too, that it affects the explorer. I wasn't so sure either if this is really caused by the addon, but it appears that way. Since I deactivated the addon, my Explorer doesn't crash anymore.That's not good. I haven't really tested with lots of bookmarks myself though, just curious, how many bookmarks do you have?
In earlier versions of the add-on, i was grabbing/loading all the bookmarks on each time you wanted a random bookmark but because I don't have 1000s of bookmarks, it wasn't ever an issue for me until someone pointed out it takes a while.
So the latest version will cache all your bookmarks on load so it doesn't have to do that and firefox most likely stores that using temp data.
Do find it really weird that it is affecting windows explorer though. I personally haven't run into this.
Sorry for the inconvenience though.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 cs1996，2 年前Doesn't seem to work on Firefox v93.0
Click the icon and nothing happens at all/Weird, not sure why you're running into any issues, i'm also running ff v93.0, can you please try clearing out all plugin information by going to the add-on option page and then scroll to the very bottom and click on "clear all add-on data" and then try reinstalling the plugin please?
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 15550166，3 年前This add-on works great! Is there a way to have it choose a random bookmark as the homepage? I'd like to see a different bookmark every time I start Firefox.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12413881，4 年前Since some weeks it does not work anymore on a "normal" Firefox on Windows (I use the latest ff version 76.0.1). When I click on the random bookmark icon a popup opens, saying "Loading Your Bookmarks - Sorry, wait a moment until your bookmarks are preloaded". This message does not go away, even after deactivating and activating the plugin.
Update: With the newest version available (i have 2.0.9 installed), the plugin works again. Thank you for the fix!
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 15068670，5 年前could you please update it for it can use on android firefox ;_ ; i really want use it on phone firefox... but it doesn't work on mobile. i anytime appreciate your work thx reading ;)I'll look into rebuilding it when i get some time from the ground up. I want to optimize it.
Edit: I just reviewed the documentation on what I have access to and unfortunately, getting bookmarks is not supported on Firefox for Android. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/bookmarks
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 15057378，5 年前This add-on has some real potential for me, and may be just what I've been looking for. I just have a problem/question (or two).
Can I select a specific folder to choose from when I left click the Add-On icon from the toolbar?
I've gone into the Random Bookmark Settings, selected and saved a folder to choose from. Yet still, when I click on the Random Bookmark icon, the add-on seems to choose a bookmark from ALL of my bookmarks, instead of the folder I have chosen. Is this how it's intended to work?
It does limit it's choice when I right-click the folder, only choosing bookmarks from that folder, but when I click on the icon for the add-on, it chooses a bookmark from all of my bookmarks.
PS: Do you know of a way to launch the add-on from Windows desktop? It would be really sweet to have a shortcut on my desktop that would activate this add-on.Hrmmm I haven't run into any problems myself with it still choosing from all folders. I say just try saving the settings again and see if that works. It is supposed to only pick from your selected folders. If you have NO selected folders, it loads up all your bookmarks.
I do plan on rebuilding it eventually though to optimize it better. This was my first addon i've built.
I'll also have to look into launching an addon from the desktop, i've never tried that myself. Sorry.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 14315013，5 年前Good add-on. Can you add a feature that allows the user to right-click on a particular directory (from the Bookmarks Toolbar) and then select "Open random bookmark from selected directory" -- then a random bookmark from the selected directory is opened in a new tab. This was previously a feature in this now-antiquated add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-bookmark/
Update: Thank you very much for updating the app. Can you add an additional feature that allows the user to right-click on a particular directory and open multiple bookmarks from that directory simultaneously? "Open 5 random bookmarks from this directory."
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 AnnanFay，6 年前~~It doesn't seem to work if you open a new tab. It will keep opening the new page in the old tab.~~
UPDATE: As the author explains in a reply you can change this behaviour in the settings.
I think the default settings are a bit weird. Of the three options it seems like the least intuitive setting.Hello,
There are options that you can set for the plugin.
The default is to open a new tab and keep using that tab.
If you want it to always open up in a new tab, you can change that in the options.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13529255，6 年前Great! Just what I was looking for, except, it takes too long in between clicks to load another random bookmark.
Like, I click once, wait ~5 seconds and only then it starts loading a bookmark...
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 irripod ，6 年前̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶-̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶
̶P̶.̶S̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶F̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶n̶t̶u̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶'̶R̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶'̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶.̶
IT WORKS GREAT NOW. THANK YOU!Hi irripod, which version of firefox are you using? I've only tested with Firefox Quantum (57) and i'm currently unable to reproduce what you're describing.
Edit: I have no clue how else to contact you but i've updated it in 1.0.2 so that the options page is in its own window now. Hopefully it works for you now.