- 來自 Firefox 使用者 16902006，6 個月前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Does what it says it does, but unfortunately slows down my browser enough to where I usually just turn it off. It is nice to have if you are staying on one page for a long time.
- 來自 Yohann Pitrey，2 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分The darkening works fine, but interferes heavily on page loading times. For instance, when trying to create a new event in Google Calendar, this extension adds about 2-5 seconds between the instant I click on an empty bit of calendar and the instant the new event dialog pops up. When I want to click on the X button to close that dialog, I also have to wait a few seconds before my clikc is registered.
I installed the competitor extension Dark Reader and I don't have this problem anymore.
- 來自 Bathsheba，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Worked for the first 6 or 8 tabs I opened, and I was all set to be happy, but now every new tab gives the "Midnight Lizard cannot connect to this page" error. Tried restarting Firefox but cannot get it to work. It's weird because it still works on those original few tabs, but no new ones. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sorry, I actually don't mean the New Tab page, I mean every page I open.In this case please try to reload/refresh the page where you have this massage on.
Probably Midnight Lizard or Firefox were updated and caused the problem.
If it does not help: Are those pages with the message turned to dark?
If not: Are they represented by a regular website? (like Wikipadia and not like addons.mozilla.org)
Extensions does not work on addons.mozilla.org and all Firefox system pages.
- 來自 pedz，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分This addon stylizes pages with remarkable accuracy in terms of keeping the color dynamics of the inverted material and content itself as true to the original page as possible, but dark.
The unfortunate part is that due to performance I just was kinda forced to switch to Dark Reader. DR does an pretty good job of stylizing too, but it's not nearly as good as Midnight Lizard. I suppose that all comes at a price, however. On a better PC perhaps I would switch back to ML in a heart beat.
I did try playing with the settings extensively to get better performance and was able to make it usable, but I just can't really accept big 30 second lock ups when I load a especially intensive website that ML has to chew on for that long. Having big numbers of tabs open as I'm just so inclined to do for some reason I'll never understand also begins to take a big toll a lot sooner.
If you make any optimization breakthroughs or I get better hardware I'll absolutely give it another shot. Keep up the good work.
Edit: I did try simplified mode and it helped a lot, but the performance impact could still be felt. Honestly I can't recall what pages were the worst performing, but I will say it just varied even on the same website. It seems worse the more general load the CPU is experiencing while following links. Often Firefox would throw out a slow addon message about ML so that's the reason I knew it was definitely this addon slowing the browser down. The biggest issue was loading for the first time and having ML initialize everything. That was always causing a noticeable struggle regardless of the site.Thank you for the review.
Did you try simplified mode as well?
Also can you provide a link where it took 30 seconds to load the page.
It is definitely unacceptable and I haven't seen such pages yet.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 12136720，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Tried it on facebook. Makes it very slow and the newsfeed won't load instantly when scrolling down. You have to wait a few seconds (about 5) for new content to load before you can keep scrolling downwards.Midnight Lizard suits the best for static websites and reading materials. Facebook is an example of a highly dynamic and overloaded with functionality websites. But you still can use Midnight Lizard on those websites with a simplified mode which is less accurate but works much faster. You can switch to the simplified mode on the 'Common' tab and press 'Apply' to use it on the current website.
- 來自 R4mzy，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Looks great and works pretty well. Behaviour can look a little odd on sites that are already dark but by and large I prefer my web like this.
My biggest gripe is that it introduces some performance problems on some sites. In particular I use a self-hosted site for asset management (Snipe-IT), and when searching of different assets or other items this add-on introduces lag when I type different search terms and the content of the page (the search results) dynamically changes in response.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 13585475，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Seems to work well, but for me it clips the second part of the first character of the file name in Google Docs main list, at least. For example in the file "Exercise Dumbbell" the right side of the "E" is missing.
FYI. I run my 23 inch monitor in portrait orientation. Sometime pages get at bit squished from left to right so this might be the source of the problem?
Note I am visually impaired so it may just be me.
With just a short trial it seem like a good fit for folks like me.
It's good to learn of the app as a replacement to Screen Dimmer which I used all the time before the last upgrade.
I do not have clue how to change the default settings.
Is there a manual or instructions how to change the default settings?
Do you have shortcuts for them?
開發者回應張貼於 4 年前Hello.
Please use "bug" icon in the Midnight Lizard settings window or this link:
to provide a bug report with a screenshot of the problem.
To change the default color scheme just choose one you like from the dropdown list on the right side of the settings window and press "Set as default".
This topic describes it with more details:
Please use "question" icon in the top left corner of the settings window or this link:
to find more tutorials or ask a new question.
For visually impaired people there are two recommended color schemes:
1) Yellow on Black
2) Green on Black
But it highly depends on the personal case. Choose what is suitable for you.