- 评分 2 / 5来自 5dRao，2 年前Would be a perfect addon without this feature: "Detects dead pages, 404s, DNS failures & a range of other web breakdowns", beacuse often when I go previous page or Ctrl+Shift+T, this addon popups, blocking the page loading properly.
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Kitty None，2 年前EDIT: It was finally updated, and although it still is susceptible to false positives, it's greatly improved and extremely useful now!
Same complaint as everyone else: this addon would be SO useful if there was some way to dial down the sensitivity of the automatic redirect or turn it off — but since the addon hasn't been updated since 2018 I assume this bug won't be fixed. Hopefully someone picks up where they left off and implements this functionality into a working addon, because it's a great idea.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14879842，2 年前Same issue as everyone else. You *cannot* throw a splash screen in my face every time a page fails to load properly. Have some respect for your user base - if someone is familiar with the Wayback Machine and chooses to install this extension, chances are they know how to navigate to the archive for dead pages via the widget! Please add a toggle. This is an issue I would have expected the Archive Team of all groups to be savvy to.
My primary reason for downloading was to be able to quickly save websites and contribute to the archive. While this extension makes that slightly more convenient, I would recommend that anyone seeking similar functionality just memorize this to prepend to the address of whichever page you want to save: "https://web.archive.org/save/". If you're more interested in the other function, you can instead prepend "https://web.archive.org/web/*/".
Other people have suggested that the page-down screens be converted into banners, and while this would be a huge improvement, I would really like to be able to disable all popups regardless of "intrusiveness." Again, this seems like something you guys would be sensitive to! I can't understand why it's designed this way.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Self-Perfection，2 年前Can't use it: detection of down webpages gives too many false positives. And it messes with browser's history replacing original URL so you can't just click "reload" or "back" to get back to original URL. Have to uninstall.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 MrAureliusR，2 年前This extension is SO useful that I've put up with the awful automatic page-down detection for ages. But it's just gotten worse and worse. It doesn't even wait for the server to respond before redirecting to the page not available prompt!
I can see that this is the number one most complained about feature -- all you need to do is add a toggle so that we can disable the automatic redirects. That's it! If I could have this extension without the automatic redirects I would instantly give it five stars. I love archive.org and the Wayback Machine but this extension needs some love!
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Muctar Diaoune，2 年前Love the app! Really helps me view pages that aren't available anymore. One problem though: Using the app with multiple windows will open tabs in the first opened window, not the current one.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Stardust，2 年前I absolutely love internet archive and wayback machine, and I wanted so much to love this extension.
But unfortunately it keeps giving me a crazy amount of fake positive unavailable webpages sometimes before it even tries to load, ruining my navigation in almost every session.
So why not just turn down the option of automatic detection and replacement of these pages and just keep the other great functionnalities ?
Because you just can't, you also cannot just reload the current page you were trying to reach when the extension find a fake positive, you re just stuck.
So uninstallation is the only way to go.
As long as this extension is not fixed and give absolutely no option to turn down the messy automatic error detection, stay away from this extension.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13460059，2 年前Great and horrible addon. Horrible because the dead page detection has been nothing but false positives for the months I have used it. Great because everything else works as well as one could hope for. The dead page detection really is bad enough to make me uninstall an otherwise 5 star addon because it makes the overall browser much much worse. It would be a solid 5 if that detection had never been built in.