- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13476246，5 年前Seems like a really great idea. However so far I have yet to come across any site where this extension works (the little green icon which permits reading of a blocked site). Unless I see one soon I'll be removing the extension. :(
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13556656，5 年前Unpaywall makes it really easy to (legally!) find free versions of journal articles.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 RV，5 年前Extremely helpful and gives idea of availibilty of free legal copy of any research paper within few momoents.
The Badge UI is great .
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13958296，5 年前TL;DR:
Implement the best possible interface, regardless of lazy users' concerns, then create an easy version for them. Or at least make a second version that follows best-practices. Somewhat redundant program, otherwise. But great idea, and there's certainly something to be said for the fact that you've pursued the idea to this extent.
Echoing the sentiments of another reviewer, and the respective reply from dev...
"Best-practices" in mind, it's too bad that they're being sullied in favour of unskilled-user-friendliness. Kind of ends up being user-unfriendly for those who would use in a more 'serious'/efficient capacity...
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that best-practices ought to be pursued foremost, otherwise the tool becomes an interface nightmare for those who want to use it efficiently and thoughtfully. You'd end up with a better product and that's the best scenario for a creator. A lite version is perfectly reasonable once that's taken care of.
I appreciate what you've done, though, and understand where you're coming from. It's a fantastic idea, but problematic roll-out philosophy for me. Ends up being a bit of another time-consuming hoop to jump through which sort of defeats the purpose for those who are capable, yet looking to streamline the search and organization process.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13869065，5 年前I do not have money, so I am hoping this feature proves fruitful!!! That you have already proven.
Well just not too much money.
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13346323，5 年前I like the concept. I will have more to report after having used it for awhile.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13766506，5 年前It worked for the first article, but it just doesn't load for any other pages. For reference, I am looking at IEEE's website. I will edit if I get it to work, or if an update fixes it.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13740763，5 年前This app sits at the top of my list of standard 'daily use' tools: I am an institutional research repository manager struggling to meet demand for Green OA archiving, without access to in-built automated processes for license checking and version control. Thank you so much for this.
- 评分 3 / 5来自 atomizer，5 年前agree with @caesar - modifying the page content is *not* the way to go and the dev response is lacking - it would be easy enough to add the option to change the color of the tool-bar icon and add a link to the resource in its context menu