- 评分 5 / 5来自 PatheticCockroach，1 年前Great improvement over the Vanilla Twitch player. Notably good to get rid of ads, and for the possibilities given to tweak video buffering and all just like you want.
I just wish there was a way to force the UI to remain visible at all time (currently, if I move my mouse out of the video panel, things like the pause button get immediately hidden).
Edit: thanks for your superfast reply. That wasn't really my question though, pause was just an example for illustration, the thing is I just want to keep the whole UI visible at all time. That being said, apart from this minor point, the extension is AMAZING. Can't believe I've been able to bear Twitch without it before, it's a life-changer. Thanks.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 15171615，1 年前Great plugin, really saved me when trying to watch streams on my raspberry pi when they kept crashing the browser before. Wish I could increase the volume past max tho on a quiet laptop
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Medievalman22，1 年前Huge improvement over the default player, excluding the odd theater preference. Videos load way faster, buffer less, and adds extra customization. Also, it solves the vanishing controls bug, which is why I used it initially. (EDIT: Doesn't solve the vanishing controls for VODs)
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Chris Grimmett，1 年前What an absolute Chad of a plugin! I live in a rural area and my only choice for internet is very low quality, low bandwidth, with high packet loss. For a reliable Twitch stream, I'm stuck with 160p.
With the default twitch client, I can't even have chat open because having chat open will cause video buffering. Alternate Player for Twitch.tv fixes that, with an assortment of features that optimize bandwidth usage. I still can't watch HD, but at least I don't have any buffering with this player!
The audio-only mode is also a godsend because some smaller streamers don't have a 160p option. I would be completely unable to watch their streams without this plugin.
- 评分 3 / 5来自 Ry，1 年前This has not blocked ads for months. All it does is black screen to not show the ad. May as well just uninstall the extension and mute the ad. For me its useless if it doesn't block ads.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 hekichan，1 年前Have a slow net, so I really like the buffering settings and how you can change it to your liking. Hardly see buffering anymore. And no ads which is great.
But, the question I have is, the player is constantly in theater mode with no option from what I've seen to get out, so in order for me to switch streams I need to go back to the home page or open another twitch tab which is inconvenient. Anyway to see my followers tab while watching a stream? Thanks
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Yan，2 年前Хорошее дополнение, уменьшает нагрузку на ЦП, удобное управление, но когда стример кидает рейд, то поток просто останавливается и не перекидывает на другой канал. Не хватает ссылок на описание, видео, расписание канала.
- 评分 4 / 5来自 hgfjhgfjhfggfj，2 年前*final conclusion
ive been using alternate twitch player between oct '20 and february '21 due to twitch overblowing their ad deployments. however over the past month ive switched back to the standard built in twitch player and ive been faced with, well a reasonable amount of ads really. and their video quality has improved drastically (better than alternate player quality in some cases). just recently theyve FINALLY aligned the theater mode player to have even top and bottom black bars (which has prompted my final conclusions here) so i must say that as much as i now fully recommend sticking to the original twitch player, this still has its use cases as being a very efficient player (5w on my laptop compared to a jumpy 6-9w with the built-in player) and as well being very responsive and less obtrusive. however with the lack of FFZ compression and the comparative quality of twitch's built-in player, i will use theirs for the foreseeable future.
thanks for the extension which saved me for some months from pulling my hair out.
- 评分 3 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 16446069，2 年前Worked amazing for a month or so, and now every time I go to initialize it, it tells me that the streamer I'm trying to watch has ended their stream. I was hoping that this would be a solid work around. Guess I'm back to not watching Twitch anymore.