- 评分 5 / 5来自 CryptiiKat$，3 年前I didn't know I needed temp containers until I started using them, but now I'm kicking myself for how long it took me to hop on the bandwagon. It's not a complicated idea, and this add-on in particular makes the experience streamlined from the initial installation. Your grandma is probably more tech savvy than I am, which means that if I managed to figure this out, it's a testament to how intuitive and breezy Temporary Containers is by nature. As an added bonus, I'm much more productive when I use temp containers. When I'm researching a topic or working on a project, it's typical for me to be pulling data from dozens of different sources, which gets cluttered and overwhelming pretty fast. Using temp containers is a quick way to keep all of my pages, notes, and links organized without sacrificing the privacy of my digital footprint.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Alex，3 年前I looked through my cookies recently and was surprised to see almost none in there, then I realized that was because this extension is helping me to throw out so much irrelevant data. Thanks!
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 12807353，4 年前Probably one of the easiest and most secure ways to control privacy. It's like having multiple different browsers in private-mode without the ability for each to talk to each other. Each tab can be made to be isolated and self-contained. This can replace the need for "self-destructing" cookie addons, because once a tab is closed, all cookies/storage is also removed.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 098askjhgw，4 年前It works very well!! In Automatic Mode, it seems that using the address bar to enter a different domain always creates another temporary container. I see the logic here -most typed urls from the address bar go to a different domain. All new blank tab address bar urls to go a different domain.
Two questions. Is there a way to match a typed address bar url domain with any existing temp container of the same domain and use that existing temp container being that their domains match?? I have Global Isolation Navigation and clicks set to Different from Tab Domain & Subdomain
Is automatic temporary containers per domain one of the intended use cases?? I used this with a clean ff install. It works great, but using the address bar leaves me with really way to many containers. This extension is great!Glad you like it! What triggers the new TCs when using the address bar is the Global Isolation. Automatic Mode creates new TCs primarily when opening new tabs.
If your goal is to have containers for specific domains, you might want to look into extensions managing permanent containers, like Multi-Account Containers (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/). TC is meant to always create fresh temporary containers and not re-using existing containers. If you really think that should be a thing feel free to open an issue over on GitHub (https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues).
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 15119207，4 年前Good enough sometimes, but often opens subdomains in new tabs even though I changed settings to do otherwise. Open in X container context menu option for Multi-Account Containers is broken, and I need to disable the addon everytime I want to add a new domain to a container.To reproduce the subdomains issue I'd need some steps to reproduce (ideally in an GitHub issue: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues). Most of the time the issue comes from the fact that other domains are in-between when the redirect happens, which then causes the isolation.
"Open in New Container Tab" in combination with MAC isolation not working is expected behavior since the isolation will overwrite it (See: https://github.com/stoically/temporary-containers/issues/170). Alternatives to disabling the Add-on is globally toggling isolation, using the Alt+i shortcut (needs to be enabled in the advanced preferences under "Keyboard shortcuts") or the "crossed circle icon" in the toolbar popup (needs to be enabled in the general preferences).
- 评分 3 / 5来自 The Voice Inside Your Head，4 年前I use a local homemade written html file as a start/homepage [HP]. Each time I open the browser my HP appears but it isn't in any container. Make it so everything is in a container, including locally stored content.It's a Firefox API limitation which prevents automatically isolating file:// URLs, nothing I can do about it. (See: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/tabs/create)
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 15700431，4 年前Well done! Really great work! For desktop. Thank you! Could you also make it available for FF on Android?
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Hitmanigma，4 年前Thanks you for the great extension! This and ublock are the two extensions that I can't live without. This is one of the most underrated extension for enhancing privacy out there.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 User，4 年前IT WORKS! THANK YOU!
=== Previous review ====
CAN'T INSTALL IT ON TOR BROWSER!
1. I have DISABLED permanent private browsing mode (browser.privatebrowsing.autostart = false).
2. I have INSTALLED Multi-Accounts Containers Add-on and it works FINE!
3. The problem is: I can't INSTALL your Add-on, not RUN it! Error message: "Installation aborted because the add-on appears to be corrupt". So, this is YOUR problem, not Tor's! Please, fix it!
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Dan，4 年前A nicely done addon that comes closest to infocatcher’s private tab. I’ve set it to automatically delete cookies and history when the tab closes and that’s exactly what I wanted. A few more options would be nice, like hidng the address bar icon completely (had to use userChrome.css for that) but otherwise quite pleased.