- від Користувач Firefox 12797025, 6 місяців томуОцінка 3 з 5Works as intended, but ended up disabling it when I discovered it is the reason that Firefox is never idling. So I have many tabs, and this plugin is always keeping 10% of the CPU busy (2 processes at 5% each). Disabling the plugin makes the problem go away. My version is 1.0.7.
The workaround mentioned in the FAQ did not work: count only active tabs setting did not make a difference for me.
The reason mentioned in the FAQ for this behaviour is:
> LeechBlock reviews all open tabs every second, to keep track of how much time is spent on the sites listed in your block sets and to determine whether any sites should now be blocked.
I do not need this "feature", I just want to disable access to certain websites from 9 to 5. Since I can't disable the feature, I had to disable the addon and search for a simple one.
- від Користувач Firefox 12776176, 2 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5Firefox 68 user here. Leechblock rating reduced to 3 stars; stops working, does not block URLs reliably. This used to be a stable and VERY useful extension, but now (Sep 2019) it stops working altogethter every few weeks (fails to block any of my specified URLs). Removing the extension and re-installing sometimes fixes the issue, but only temporarily. Hopefully a future extension or Firefox update will fix the bug causing LeechBlock to suddenly stop working entirely.
- від Користувач Firefox 12916690, 2 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5I used to have a good experience with this addon and its older pre-FF57 incarnation, but these days it paralyses Firefox as soon as I install or enable it. Does it conflict with other addons or features e.g Firefox Containers? Firefox Sync?
running on KDE Neon (=Ubuntu)
Answering the developer: yes, I have hundreds of tabs open (most are suspended). That's probably the issue then, thanks for the advice. I'll move my rating from 2 to 4 stars as the addon itself is great.No known conflicts. Do you have many tabs open? Try selecting "Process only active tabs" under General options.
Update: v0.9.11 includes performance improvements which should make for a better experience.
- від Користувач Firefox 14572796, 2 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5I don't know how to temporaily override blocking set.Select "Allow temporary override for these sites" for the relevant block set. Specify length of override period under General tab. Then, to activate override, select Override from toolbar menu.
- від Користувач Firefox 13857792, 2 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5Leechblock behaves unexpectedly.
I created a block specifically for YouTube but then I wanted to modify the times. The modification remains in the options but the add-on's behaviour was NOT changed. So I decided to delete the YT block and start over. BUT EVEN DELETION DIDN'T ERASE IT! YouTube is still blocked even though it has been erased! The result is I have to disable the add-on completely to watch YouTube. Frustrating.
- від Користувач Firefox 12360003, 2 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5Good idea but it keeps deleting my blocking options/sets. Might have to do with Firefox Sync.
My recommendation to users is to keep a copy of the URLs you want to block etc in a text file so you don't have to come up with them again! Also, always check "Immediately block pages on these sites once blocking conditions are met", otherwise this add-on is useless.
- від Користувач Firefox 13612403, 3 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5This extension is really great. But after closing my Firefox and open it again every blocked option on it simply dissapear and LeechBlock don't block websites anymore
- від Користувач Firefox 13569155, 3 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5Loved this blocker previously and always worked well. However since updating to the NG version it periodically loses all preferences I have set, and no longer blocks any pages. While I have a relatively short list of sites I want blocked, it is still rather annoying and were it to continue I would try find a better solution.Thanks for the report. Please post bug reports on GitHub so I can gather more information and track down the cause of the issue. This may be the same issue as yours:
- від DarseZ, 3 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5Hello, love this add-on!
Would you be able to remove the requirement to have "Access to all data on all websites"?
It doesn't seem that you would need to require this, just the URL only...please correct me if I'm incorrect on this assumption.
Developers may say they don't use any form/login/password data but there's no way for the end user to know. Many of the revised 57+ add-ons have this blanket permission and in many cases it doesn't seem necessary...in my uneducated opinion, of course. I'm open to being schooled.
Thank you and best wishes!Happy to address this. Honestly, I'm not sure why Firefox gives that rather scary warning. It could be because LB uses a content script to display the countdown timer and warning message within the tab, over the web page. (Content scripts can, in principle, access all data on the web pages you view.) It could be because LB requests 'tabs' permission, so it can intermittently check whether block conditions are met for all open tabs, not just the active tab. I'll look into it. In any event, all the source code is publicly available on GitHub, so you can check that LB isn't doing anything untoward!
- від Raphaell, 3 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5"This is a fantastic tool! However, everyone once in awhile, the restrictions just seem to disappear, without me removing them."
Same problem here!
- від Користувач Firefox 13504333, 3 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5This is a fantastic tool! However, everyone once in awhile, the restrictions just seem to disappear, without me removing them.
- від Користувач Firefox 13453540, 3 роки томуОцінка 3 з 5The new countdown timer is obnoxious and can't seem to be turned off. I don't need a countdown to the next time my filters are going to activate. I block all websites after a certain time of night and for this use case it's just an annoyance.