- Ocenjeno z 1 od 5— DanoTheOverlord, pred 2 letomaThough available on mobile, plugin does not work as it calls for a pop-up rather than triggering a login. What would be ideal is this automatically links Firefox to the Password manager app so no more app switching to use loging.
- Ocenjeno z 1 od 5— Uporabnik Firefoxa 15788186, pred 3 letiUsed to work great with FF but now it no longer remembers/saves the sign in and requires full extension sign in then an additional vault sign in. Not sure why the developers cannot figure this issue out as it appears many others have reported the same.
- Ocenjeno z 3 od 5— rhon, pred 3 letiWorked nice for awhile. Then it required me to sign into my symantec account every time I wanted to access my vault. So now, I need to sign it to symantec and then sign into my vault. Don't know why it quit allowing direct vault sign in, but the added step is a pain.
- Ocenjeno z 4 od 5— Uporabnik Firefoxa 15755046, pred 3 letiRecent Firefox updates require signing into your Norton account first to enable signing into the Vault. IE is not affected. Norton says it's the consequence of recent FF updates. Chrome and Edge may not be affected, but I haven't tested.
Otherwise, Norton Password Manager is as good as it's always been.
- Ocenjeno z 4 od 5— Wingless Wonder, pred 3 letiLatest 18.104.22.168 is broken but previous version 22.214.171.124 still works under Win 10. Latest version first asks to login to Norton account then unable to login to Password Manager and generates error that says "something went wrong". Removed 126.96.36.199, reinstalled 188.8.131.52 and everything works again.
EDIT: changed star rating from 1 star to 4 stars since previous version 184.108.40.206 works great before updating to 220.127.116.11. shortly after uploaded to Mozilla.
- Ocenjeno z 1 od 5— Uporabnik Firefoxa 14262375, pred 3 letiAbsolutely useless. I have made repeated attempts to import my passwords from another manager program (I have followed the instructions to the letter) without any success. First I kept getting error messages saying that there was an error and I should be sure the file wasn't corrupted (it wasn't.) Then, after about 15 tries, I began getting a message saying that the transfer was successful but there were no passwords appearing in my vault. I restarted Firefox. I rebooted the computer. I removed and reinstalled the password manager. I tried to connect to Norton support via their chat function but that was a waste of time. The estimated wait time went from 2 minutes to 6 minutes to 11 minutes. I finally closed the chat window when it jumped up to 16 minutes. Bottom line, don't waste your time with this useless program. There are other and better options available.