- Оценено на 4 из 5от Aquila, 5 лет назадExpansion can be and good, BUT it is necessary to add search plug-ins manually, it is a lot of unnecessary settings, and here in the Selection Context Search expansion everything is established automatically https://b.radikal.ru/b30/1907/9a/c048b4a524c8.jpg
P.S. Dear Daniel, if you have time and an opportunity create here such plug-in to the addition, (that "SEARCH" automatic was added on any websites, as on a screenshot) then it the price will not be.
Good luck! https://c.radikal.ru/c08/1907/19/4d077a9e4aea.jpgHi there and thanks for the review! :)
I understand, but it's hard for me to maintain a decent list of search engines up to date for SSS's users, so I prefer if people add their own engines. You can also import the ones you use in the browser. People suggested creating a webpage where users could add the engines they are using, like a Wiki, though that would also have to be moderated and it's really hard to do that in my free time.
Regarding the unnecessary settings, I also don't use most of the options, but almost all were user-suggested via email, GitHub or in reviews, so someone is finding them useful. ;) If you have ideas about what to do about them without removing them, I accept feedback!
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Renerelire, 5 лет назадVery useful extension! I use it all the time for almost everything I search. I can search in Ebay and have the results classified by prices and by sells only. Same thing for Amazon.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 14961303, 5 лет назадhello and thanks for this good add on. is there any way that i can sync search bar of firefox with the sss context menu. I imported the search.json.mozlz4 but I want when change the order of engines and add some new ones, the searchbar synces with that. what should i do? is it possible at all? i get an export file but I didnt know what should i do...Hello and thank you for the review. :)
If I understand correctly, you want to add new engines and change their order in SSS but then have those same changes happen in the browser's engines. Is that it? If so, this is not possible. The browser engines work in a different way than SSS engines. They are completely separate things after importing them into SSS. As for the export function in SSS, it is only used for backing up your settings (you can also use Sync).
If I understood incorrectly please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notifications for these reviews might not be the best. :)
- Оценено на 4 из 5от aeaells, 6 лет назадThank you for always using Swift Selection Search.
Just like searching standard browsers
Please convert the character code of the search word.
Or, let me specify a character code for each search engine.
I am very happy if you do it.
I hope if you can respond if it is easy.Hey there! Thank you for the review and my apologies for the delay in responding.
Unfortunately I couldn't understand what you mean by "character code of the search word". Can you give me an example or two? :) If you can, send me an email to email@example.com or write directly to here: https://github.com/CanisLupus/swift-selection-search/issues
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12817215, 6 лет назадExcellent tool to use as a doubleclick dictionary search. Unfortunately when I use my Firefox account to sync extensions my settings aren't synced! I have to add the dictionaries and favicons ...Hi! Thanks for the review! :)
You are right, SSS doesn't support Firefox Sync currently. Sorry! I had implemented it but found a bug in Firefox (which I reported here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1423744) that could cause problems if the user's icon images exceed the storage limit, so decided to postpone it. It will come eventually, with the bug or not. ;)
Meanwhile, you can try the "Storage & backup" section and export your settings to a file. Then on the other computer you can import the file. I know... it's not as convenient... I understand your criticism. :)
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13492156, 6 лет назадHey man thanx for responding to my earlier review, I didnt know how to reply to you. I have ublock origin and had fanboy enabled it. so i disabled it and its still not showing up in SSSNo problem! I still got the notification for this update. :)
Did you try adding the YouTube icon again? (try deleting a letter from the "icon url" and adding it back, for example) If the list was blocking it, it needs to retry to cache it and unfortunately SSS won't do that on its own.
If this still doesn't help, try creating another YouTube search engine with everything the same. If this still doesn't help, see if disabling uBlock Origin and doing the above again helps. If it does then you might have another list blocking the icon. :)
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Ree, 6 лет назадI like it, but I would LOVE it if it could work like the context search addon for FF <56. You only had to select some text, right click and there in the menu you got a few icons to click on. With this addon the search engines are behind a menu.
Daniel plessHey there! Thanks for the review! :)
Do you mean making the search engines appear outside the "Search for (...)" sub menu? I tried to install Context Search on an older Firefox to see what it did exactly but it placed all engines inside a sub menu too, so I was a bit confused. :)
If it's that, I'm afraid I can't do it in WebExtensions (the only way to create extensions after Firefox 57). Sorry! Quoting Mozilla, "If you have created more than one context menu item or more than one tools menu item, then the items will be placed in a submenu." There doesn't seem to be a way around this.