- от Пользователь Firefox 14757683, 3 года назадОценено на 3 из 5Useful extension but I don't get one thing: If I highlight more text fragments from the same page, can this extension add the different fragments to the same file without creating a lot of different files? Because at the moment I've tried every option available in the 'option' menu but I can get this thing done (i.e. the option 'Uniquify', which I think it's the one supposed to do the job, doesn't work).
- от Пользователь Firefox 13961223, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5This extension recently began saving only the first 17KB if the selected text. This makes the extension unusable for my needs. I want to select long form articles and save them for offline reading. These articles are often longer than 17KB. Previously the extension worked great for me, and never truncated the selected text. (I am using Windows 10 and FF 59.0.2 (64 bit).
- от Пользователь Firefox 13862248, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5Compared to the pre-57 Firefox version, this one sucks.
I used this add-on before F. 57.0 and gave it 5-stars. I was waiting for a version for Firefox 57. I'm glad Save-Text-to-File 3.1 finally arrived. I do use it daily.
However, I'm disappointed in this release. Simple, but valuable features have been left out. Most importantly, you can't designate a your own default directory for the text files. Instead, they all go into the download directory by default. I could only change the directory for the current message, not for all. Why?
Moreover, you can't tell it to append text to an existing file. STtF 3.1 also isn't intelligent enough to put a number on successive text files made on the same day from the same site.
The app had all of these features before. They would seem simple enough, why have they disappeared?
I was disappointed enough to be tempted to give this two stars, but that implies I don't use this add-on. In fact, even with its missing features, I still do. It has 50% of what I need and I can work around the rest.
It's just functional enough to be useful.The reason for the limited features in latest versions is due to how Firefox itself has been re-architected. Firefox has removed a number of key API that this extension originally used as they do not plan on re-adding them unfortunately.
For more information see:
- от Пользователь Firefox 12312529, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5IMHO there is a misconception in how the prefix options are coded.
If you add a "Filename prefix", let's say "AA - " and also check the "Prefix filename with page title" the result should be:
"AA - 'Page Title'" instead of "'Page Title' AA - " that is how it currently works.
Besides, it is not possible to left the "File name prefix" blank. I cheat the extension adding an space.
- от default-design, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5Good, but now you can't save from many sites, e.g. IMDb :\ And in the reader view, nothing ... | NEW(s)!!! : It works again! I only installed Waterfox because it hasn't worked so far. Ctrl + Shift + Y ! Thank you for your work.
OLDER: I used to write this:
There's only an older version (2.7.3) of it running with Waterfox :@
Unfortunately there is no change :
Now: "Error occured" (version: 3.2.4 / 2018.12.31.) :@
That was my favorite addition. <3
I was looking forward to updating but I did not know it was ready for the new Firefox. What I tried (today, January 18) is no longer working with 57.x: (((
I'm looking forward to the fix and the 5 stars!
Suggestion: not just a right mouse button but also a keyboard combination (shortcut) save (like the old times)