- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13615282, 6 лет назадWith the installation of 4.1, all my user scripts are gone, and there is no way to add a new one from the backups I had because the new user script button doesn't work 90% of the time (you have to click and wait up to 30 seconds to get it to pop up, and most of the time, it never does) and when it does, I can't save anything. This is on 57.
Where is the quality checking before breaking our web experience? Moving on to another scripting engine. Good grief.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Wael, 6 лет назадall my scripts disappeared after updating to version 4.++
if this happened to you a fix is to reinstall the old version again
you will find your scripts back :)
for developer you need to test you addon before releasing a major update
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13602614, 6 лет назадI was forced to upgrade to GreaseMonkey 4.x with Firefox 56.0. My scripts stopped working. I wrote them, so I looked into fixing. I looked at the GreaseMonkey web site. I saw the general notice about the changes but could not find specifics. Didn't trust what I saw when I saw notes like "this script" hasn't been updated in years.
Fix up documentation. Provided example scripts with before and after changes.
Give warning if it doesn't work in Firefox 56. I tried Firefox 57, but that caused other problems for me.
Was able to turn off auto updated of GreasMonkey before downloading 3.17 version of GreaseMonkey. add ons > GreaseMonkey entry > more > click on off selector. See below for the link by Anonymous user e7bdbb to the download.
PS. There is snow on the ground as I write this :-(
PSS. FYI. Tampermonkey gave me a compile error on "for (var elmForm, i=0; elmForm=document.forms[i]; ++i)".
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13602427, 6 лет назадВ один прекрасный день все сломалось. Непонятно, какие скрипты активны на какой странице, нет кнопки manage scripts, ни один скрипт не работает. Верните все, как было!!!
It was a dark and snowy night. The day couldn't get any worse, right? Where is my Manage scripts... button? Nothing works anymore! I can't get no heads, nor tails about which of my scripts are supposed to run on any particular site. All of them are displayed as active. The scripts that used to work just fine, they all stopped working. All of these damn ads are popping up EVERYWHERE! I'm close to a nervous breakdown, can't visit any of my favourite sites anymore without my eyes bleeding out. Damn it all and merry Christmas to ye all.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от TwoCables, 6 лет назадThe new version is absolute garbage. It updated on me just now and I lost all of my scripts. The exact same thing happened to Stylish!
So, I turned off automatic updates for Greasemonkey and installed version 3.17 and now everything is fine. I did a very similar thing for Stylish and that worked as well.
I will be avoiding all new versions of Greasemonkey.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13592073, 6 лет назадthanks for the new awesome force-uninstall-gm feature. its great!!
I appreciated GM for a long time. Thank you for all the free work. I've to leave because GM does not fit to my needs anymore.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от GµårÐïåñ, 6 лет назадIt somehow got force installed, I was holding off until it was working properly, and now every script is practically busted for reasons that are impossible to figure out because of lacking proper error reporting of cause. At this moment, it has become utterly useless. I have faith in the developer but this has been a truly bad update and now trying to figure out how to revert without losing everything.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от neophil78, 6 лет назадGreaseMonkey 4.1 doesn't work (and / or has a compatibility trouble with Ghostery V 5.4.10 - latest fine version) specially under Waterfox latest edition (Seven Pro 64 bits french). Seems to don't have the trouble under FF latest ESR and Cyberfox latest ESR version
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Boris, 6 лет назадThe webextensions rewrite is absolutely terrible. Important features, such as automatic scripts update, are missing. Many scripts are broken, such as "facebook unsponsored". Downgraded to older version for now.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от JonnySpence, 6 лет назадThis update (4.1) broke all of my scripts. I don't know what you did, but don't do that. Hopefully I can install the previous version to get it working again. I do NOT like the change in the UI, and I REALLY do NOT like that you've made all of my scripts not work. Don't fix what isn't broken.