- Оценено на 1 из 5от What???, 9 месяцев назадOne star because it doesn't scan ALL your bookmarks (across different folders and subfolders). Even then, it's not detecting duplicate urls within the same folder (most of the time).
In other words, you can have duplicate urls across many different folders but it won't detect them because it can only scan one bookmark folder at a time. There's no option to scan all folders.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 9 месяцев назадThis claim is incorrect; all bookmarks are compared, of course, and folders have no influence at all to the comparison (in non-expert mode).
If you intentionally want, you can trigger behavior similar to the one you described by using replacement rules in "Expert Mode". I assume that you had "Expert Mode" open when you looked for dupes; if you do that, all example rules from that mode are applied simultaneously which is probably never what you want.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Borzlav, 3 года назадWorst ever. It has made a mess into my bookmarks in Firefox, putting all in a "dupe" file ; when I wrote it off, it drove most of my items into "Other bookmarks" in a complete disorder.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 3 года назадPresumably you selected "mark all" and then "move marked bookmarks to dupe".
Note that firefox makes regular backups of your bookmarks: You can restore to a previous stage by opening "Bookmarks -> Show all bookmarks" and there "Import and Backup -> Restore".
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 15105584, 4 года назадThis extension is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!! No sooner than I download it, I follow the instructions to the letter, and all I get is the instructions page of 'how to use this extension" I can't get anywhere with this extension!! Then I try the "support site", what a CROCK!! You have to SIGN UP for the gift hub account to even get into the support site, then there really doesn't seem to be any way to do THAT!! I can't get past the "create an account" page!! I may just have to go back to using Netscape or chrome!
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12536339, 5 лет назадHi, Martin,
Unfortunately, I couldn't make the extension work.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 5 лет назадIf you describe the problem in more detail, maybe I can help.
However, I suggest to discuss this either by private mail or on the github bug page, since this medium here is not appropriate for a conversation with successive questions + answers.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13835602, 6 лет назадTried to used this program it locked up every time I attempted to use.Which platform do you use and which browser (exact version)?
If possible, please write a bugreport on the github page which is more appropriate to discuss technical details.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13616850, 6 лет назадMost buttons dont work. Only "elect all" and "select none"It is the first time that somebody reports such a problem; I was not able to reproduce it.
Now bookmarkdupes 4.0 is out. Internally, this is a major internal rewrite, so it might have fixed your problem.
If the problem should persist, I would appreciate if you open a bug on github (or if necessary write me an email) so that we can discuss technical details.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от AnotherPersona, 6 лет назадI wanted this to work.. as I have over 8 thousand bookmarks (ridiculous). It loads and finds, but 3/4s of the drop down seems to to be.. gone? I assume there is something that is supposed to fill that space. Ho hum.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от jvandervleut, 6 лет назадLost most of my bookmarks... and DAMN I didn't back up first...*(&amp;*%#
#edit dec 4th 2017: I could get a backup and almost have all my (duplicate) bookmarks back.
@Martin: I didn't press an unfortunate button combination. What I did was start the add on, select 'keep first, remove duplicate'and then pressed GO. I have almost 5000 bookmarks in total (dupes included), so the progression bar went by every 20%, until 100% was reached. It then took quite some minutes for Firefox to get up and running, only with just a fraction of the bookmarks that it supposed to have (should have been nearby 2500 left, which it didn't). So there's something with the amount of bookmarks that the add-on is limited to process....
PS: If you want, I can contribute to your project and help translate to dutchEdit:
There was an edit of the comment indicating that there is perhaps really a bug in bookmark-dupes (although so far, I was not able to produce the described problem in any testing and had no other such report.)
Since I had switched off localization of bookmarkdupes' webpage (due to various problems) it seems that all related edits of this discussion got lost.
For reasons like this, this is not a good medium for communication about a bug.
Therefore, I opened https://github.com/vaeth/bookmarkdupes/issues/22 (but if you prefer we can also discuss instead by email).
Translations are always welcome, of course. (Preferably by a pull request on github, but if you are not familiar with git, drop me a note and we will find another way.)