- Оценено на 1 из 5от What???, 2 месяца назадOne star.
Firstly, it does work if you have time and know how to navigate around the complexity of this extension.
It takes approximately 1.7 seconds to delete one single "dupes".
Now, if you have over 13000 duplicates it will take more than 6 hours (with your PC fans whirring) despite the CPU load being at 12%.
Extention doesn't scan ALL your bookmarks (across different folders and subfolders) at once. Even then, it's not detecting duplicate urls within the same folder (most of the time).
In other words, you can have duplicate urls across many different folders but it won't detect them because it can only scan one bookmark folder at a time. There's no option to scan all folders.
There is no real instructions too and it can be very tricky to use. It's overly complex and needs to be simplified.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 2 месяца назад> how to navigate around the complexity of this extension.
Do not enable "expert mode".
> It takes approximately 1.7 seconds to delete one single "dupes".
If it takes more than milliseconds (in average) to delete a bookmark, something is wrong on your system. It might be running out of memory. A more frequent cause for big latencies is that another tool is interfering, for instance another bookmark extension.
> Extention doesn't scan ALL your bookmarks (across different folders and subfolders) at once
This is incorrect. The name (path) of bookmarks is completely ignored for detecting duplicates (if expert mode is disabled).
> Even then, it's not detecting duplicate urls within the same folder (most of the time).
Two bookmarks are considered identical if their URL is *exactly* the same string. Only in expert mode, you can configure different rules, but this requires that you specify very precisely what you want to consider matching.
> It's overly complex and needs to be simplified
Specifying different rules than identical strings for URLs *is* a very complex problem and can find unexpected dupes especially for apparently simple rules. This lies in the nature of things. That's why "expert mode" is usually not recommended (unless you really understand regular expressions and carefully read the instructions).
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Mach Fiver, 3 месяца назадWOW!!! Now why on earth would anyone ever want to delete all copies of anything that is duplicated? Why is that even an option? I assumed it would delete copies and leave one behind but mark all just deleted all copies. I have in the past used multiple browsers so bookmarks differ and every now and then I export import across them, (I'm fickle and easily swayed to switch a browser) which makes multiple copies of everything. Now close to 50k in bookmarks I thought I'd clean them up and this addon just wiped everything except for a couple hundred that weren't duped at all. If I had two copies it removed both of them. I could have just deleted all my bookmarks bar a few in way less time. Now I have to go remove the last few and a ton of empty folders and re import the mess again and find something that doesn't do what yours just did. Why is merging duplicate folders and bookmarks so dang hard? Well at least your addon didn't just freeze my browser like the one I tried on edge did even after i cancelled the operation I had to use task manager to close the thing
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 3 месяца назадThe extension does what you tell it to: If you mark all and then press remove all marked it will of course remove all. (Why is "mark all" an option: There are dozens of marking options for selecting all but one in certain groups of dupes, and "mark all" is the one where you need to do the (de-)selection manually, typically one in each group.)
If you removed too many bookmarks by mistake, it is normally not a problem: firefox keeps a copy of previous bookmarks. Just go to "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks" and then under "Import and Backup -> Restore ->" there will pop up a list of automatic bookmark backups from which you can restore one.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Borzlav, 4 года назадWorst ever. It has made a mess into my bookmarks in Firefox, putting all in a "dupe" file ; when I wrote it off, it drove most of my items into "Other bookmarks" in a complete disorder.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 4 года назадPresumably you selected "mark all" and then "move marked bookmarks to dupe".
Note that firefox makes regular backups of your bookmarks: You can restore to a previous stage by opening "Bookmarks -> Show all bookmarks" and there "Import and Backup -> Restore".
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 15105584, 5 лет назадThis extension is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!! No sooner than I download it, I follow the instructions to the letter, and all I get is the instructions page of 'how to use this extension" I can't get anywhere with this extension!! Then I try the "support site", what a CROCK!! You have to SIGN UP for the gift hub account to even get into the support site, then there really doesn't seem to be any way to do THAT!! I can't get past the "create an account" page!! I may just have to go back to using Netscape or chrome!
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12536339, 6 лет назадHi, Martin,
Unfortunately, I couldn't make the extension work.
AlexIf you describe the problem in more detail, maybe I can help.
However, I suggest to discuss this either by private mail or on the github bug page, since this medium here is not appropriate for a conversation with successive questions + answers.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13835602, 6 лет назадTried to used this program it locked up every time I attempted to use.Which platform do you use and which browser (exact version)?
If possible, please write a bugreport on the github page which is more appropriate to discuss technical details.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13616850, 6 лет назадMost buttons dont work. Only "elect all" and "select none"It is the first time that somebody reports such a problem; I was not able to reproduce it.
Now bookmarkdupes 4.0 is out. Internally, this is a major internal rewrite, so it might have fixed your problem.
If the problem should persist, I would appreciate if you open a bug on github (or if necessary write me an email) so that we can discuss technical details.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от AnotherPersona, 6 лет назадI wanted this to work.. as I have over 8 thousand bookmarks (ridiculous). It loads and finds, but 3/4s of the drop down seems to to be.. gone? I assume there is something that is supposed to fill that space. Ho hum.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от jvandervleut, 6 лет назадLost most of my bookmarks... and DAMN I didn't back up first...*(&amp;*%#
#edit dec 4th 2017: I could get a backup and almost have all my (duplicate) bookmarks back.
@Martin: I didn't press an unfortunate button combination. What I did was start the add on, select 'keep first, remove duplicate'and then pressed GO. I have almost 5000 bookmarks in total (dupes included), so the progression bar went by every 20%, until 100% was reached. It then took quite some minutes for Firefox to get up and running, only with just a fraction of the bookmarks that it supposed to have (should have been nearby 2500 left, which it didn't). So there's something with the amount of bookmarks that the add-on is limited to process....
PS: If you want, I can contribute to your project and help translate to dutchEdit:
There was an edit of the comment indicating that there is perhaps really a bug in bookmark-dupes (although so far, I was not able to produce the described problem in any testing and had no other such report.)
Since I had switched off localization of bookmarkdupes' webpage (due to various problems) it seems that all related edits of this discussion got lost.
For reasons like this, this is not a good medium for communication about a bug.
Therefore, I opened https://github.com/vaeth/bookmarkdupes/issues/22 (but if you prefer we can also discuss instead by email).
Translations are always welcome, of course. (Preferably by a pull request on github, but if you are not familiar with git, drop me a note and we will find another way.)