- por Holmemoss, a há 2 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5In order to clarify the situation for everyone, does the new version on Ghostery collect log in details?
Resposta do programadorpublicado a há 2 anosHi, in order for Ghostery to block trackers and ads, it needs to be able to detect and take action on elements of a web page as you browse. We do not record sensitive information(including login credentials as you browse), record browsing history, or disclose user data. Note that despite the prompt being new, Ghostery is not introducing any new permissions with the update. You can read about this in greater detail on our FAQ page, here: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/why-am-i-being-prompted-to-approve-an-update-from-ghostery/
We are also open source, which you can view here: https://github.com/ghostery/ghostery-extension
- por Utilizador do Firefox 14177324, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5I used to like Ghostery, until it started using around 15% of one of my processors - I've disabled it now.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 14113947, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Algunas veces percibo que ralentiza las paginas web.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 5957935, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5It displays annoying red circle in the corner, or sometimes a big red rectangle, which shows how many counters it blocked. There is no way to switch it off.
PS: with respect to developer's response, I was unable to find the ways to get to settings. When I click the icon, I don't get to settings. Users should not spend time discover how to get rid of annoying alerts (any alert is annoying if it is on the area alotted for displaying webpages), such alerts should be off by default, and getting to settings should be intuitive.We don't have a red icon..purple yes... you can turn off all notifications like the alert bubble and counter from the settings > notifications section. If you would like more assistance shoot us an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
- por ridevries, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Works OK, but slows Firefox (60.0) down, many websites need twice as much time to load, even when added to the trusted list. When it is removed, speed is normal again. Ghostery does not make Chrome slower.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 14027598, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5The blocker seems to be working well but I don't understand why it doesn't block trackers by default? Do I really need to block trackers manually on every website I visit?Everyone's privacy preferences are different which is why the current version does not block by default. You don't need to set page by page. Click the Icon > Settings > Global Blocking and click "Block All"
- por Utilizador do Firefox 14007230, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Good tool. It works fine.Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns! Happy Browsing!
- por Utilizador do Firefox 13967158, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Ghostery is NOT blocking all ads. Also, I have to turn it off to download something.
- por Utilizador do Firefox 13924985, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5I found UBlock to be much more professional and effectiveHi,
Ghostery 8 combines valuable blocking tools in order to provide a secure and fast web browsing experience without collecting any personal information. We have combined an Anti-Tracking Suite, and a Blocking List to ensure optimal results. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Ghostery Support at any time via Support@Ghostery.com. Here is a link that explains the new features available through using Ghostery 8:
- por Utilizador do Firefox 13877392, a há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Seems to be causing issues with firefox 59.0.1 64bit on windows 10 Pro 64bit. No images will show and webpage layout is all messed up. Issue is fixed after disabling plugin.