- door Firefox-gebruiker 15044373, 18 dagen geledenWaardering: 2 van 5Расширение было классным, но испортилось совсем.
1. Они стали редиректить многие ссылки через smartredirect.de. Пришлось даже гуглить, что это за хрень.
2. при перезагрузке браузера расширение самостоятельно включается, это ДИКО бесит и может стать причиной бана иногда (если был залогинен на сайте и теперь зашёл с прокси)
- door Kostas, 4 maanden geledenWaardering: 2 van 5The thing is I am generally happy with the app. Plus it has really candid deals. So I purchased it... But as I was interested in two alluded locations ( Chile and Peru ) I discovered that neither of them works ...I asked for help and had no reply ( during two weeks now ) It worked very good for other locations and I am perfectly willing to change my rating if you take my problem in consideration... a good app nevertheless...
- door Sergey Twersky, 4 maanden geledenWaardering: 2 van 5Fantastic unstable connection when i am use another DNS with this settings:
Can you fix this problem?
- door Clares, 7 maanden geledenWaardering: 2 van 5Works fine until it doesn't. PRetty frequently hangs the whole browser. This has been a thing for ages and doesn't seem like devs hurry to provide a solution unfortunately
- door Firefox-gebruiker 12480023, 8 maanden geledenWaardering: 2 van 5Addon faulty on multiple occasions. - It will turn itself on and off every 1 second until disabled through firefox settings.
While it is acting in this way, it is impossible to load a page or use the on/off button due to the connection state changing faster than a human can press the off button.
Windscribe as a vpn is fine but the firefox addon is not recommended.
- door HonestReviews, één jaar geledenWaardering: 2 van 5update 12-26-20: Now mostly using major free competitor of windscribe. Almost given up on windscribe as it's too flaky and terrible unresponsive GUI. Cannot find browser tab, wtf is that? Looks like they are using a cookie to track your surfing. Other free vpn I am now using has mostly good server, fast connections and MANY more free proxies, including a few residential proxies that cannot be id as a proxie. Also no arbitrary small data limits either. Windscribe used to be pretty good but has deteriorated over time.
update 12/17/20: THe high star ratings this vpn gets are testament NOT to it's quality but to the very poor performance of all "free" vpns. When it works, it works reasonably well, but most of the time it's just FLAKY. Cannot connect because it cannot find the open browser tab even when the browser is connected to a site. Very few "free proxies" They make you hunt for them and their GUI is a PITA to use, slow and cumbersome. Today their servers lost my login info and I had to relogin cuz they could not recognize that I was a long time user. I wonder if ANY of these "FREE" vpns will ever amount to anything. Not holding my breath and from their "FREE" services performance, not sending them any money either.
update 12/2/20: Much better last week. stable servers mostly, still hard to find the free ones requires a lot of clicks. often get the "cannot find tab" error requiring closing of browser ff and reloading. Connects sometimes automatically on browser open which is good. The user interface could be made more user friendly and easier to use. Takes too much time to navigate to what you want. mini popups to explain the buttons are in order.
update: 11-18-20: really deteriorated, extremely slow both to connect and in data transfer. Very few free proxies, takes forever to find one. Diconnects on "autopilot" so even they cannot find a working proxy. Obvious they do not want free users. Had trouble connecting to make this review maybe being blocked? Another lame "free" proxy. BS.
Better than most, BUT same as all the others-will not allow access to any website that uses software to ID proxies. None of the free vpns do this and most of the paid ones do not either. You need residential proxies for that and they cannot afford to offer that for free. So if a webpage is blocking proxies you're SOL-u will not get in. Same for sites like netflix. SO SLOW ACROSS SEVERAL PROXIES THAT IS IT ALMOST UNUSABLE. in firefox but kudos that they kept my login credentials even after over a year not using-shows they are professional. Also they often answer problems here many vpns do not. If they had residential proxies that could not be blocked that would be special.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaaréén jaar geleden geplaatstWhat websites were not working? Some sites use Location and/or timezone data to detect proxies, have you tried the Location or Timezone spoofing options?
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15133630, één jaar geledenWaardering: 2 van 5I have not been using Windscribe 24/7; only at select times. But apparently at some point its configuration set itself to run when the browser starts, and ran itself out of data. Curiously, it also thought that this was October (it's actually the middle of December).
Lastly, the nagging to upgrade is ubiquitous and annoying enough to cause me to seriously contemplate uninstalling the app permanently. It promises anonymity and warns about invasive ads - then floods you with its own.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14791337, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 2 van 5It works and there are no real issues with it. The data cap on free users is very low at 2gb, i went through that in about an hour or two. They do not let you signup your email if its considered (by them) to be a disposable email, i used a mail.com email and it was rejected. this pretty much annoyed me because it is by no means a "disposable email". While it functioned it is pretty much useless as a free application.
- door bennybaconburger, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 2 van 5This extension is fine. It does a bunch of stuff. I love Windscribe and think it's a great option for a light-use VPN.
That being said, it is just better to get the desktop version of the app instead. The only way I would justify choosing the extension over the desktop app would be if you were using a portable version of Firefox. Otherwise, get their desktop application.
Secondly, I was having an issue where Firefox was starting up and then not loading my home page (www.google.com). At first I blamed it on uBlock, but then I did some debugging and found that this extension blocks the first page from loading when Firefox starts. My guess is it has something to do with either the extension refusing to initially load the page, or if Firefox doesn't want to load a page on startup until all extensions are loaded. Either way, I'd rather remove the extension than use a different browser. :(
Edit: After reading further reviews, it has been made clear by Windscribe that they have only put priority on the Chrome extension and have not been updating this problem despite its being reported on their subreddit.
Edit 7/7/19: While I'm not acquainted with the add-ons rollout system, I feel that three months does not qualify as soon. I really do want the extension to be updated; it hasn't yet!
Edit 8/26/19: Now that I'm reading the developer response again, going into excess of 4 months does not qualify as 'very soon' in my opinion.