- Waardering: 3 van 5door Mike S., 3 maanden geledenWorks, but slows some sites to a crawl (i.e., eBay). Settings are hard to understand. Unclear how to whitelist a site.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 maanden geleden geplaatstFor eBay you can check the discussion on https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/555 and https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/563
The best way to whitelist a site is over the little fingerprint icon in the URL bar.
Optimizing the settings is on my todo but it's hard as I'm not a UX/UI person...
- Waardering: 3 van 5door ko to, 7 maanden geledenНа насыщенных страницах типа youtube, google docs вызывает перманентное повышенное потребление процессора
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar7 maanden geleden geplaatstI assume you meant CanvasBlocker with "google docs"...
You should check which API protection is causing the CPU usage and consider allowing this API on these sites. Also ignoring the DOMRect API in the notifications (you have to enable the expert mode to be able to do that) can help massively with performance problems.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Сергей Братуха, 2 jaar geledenПлохо, что нельзя установить на Firefox для Android. А в остальном отличное дополнение!
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 jaar geleden geplaatstCanvasBlocker is ready for Firefox on Android and was available before Fenix. But in Fenix they only allow a small set of WebExtensions (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/collections/4757633/7dfae8669acc4312a65e8ba5553036/). You can help to get CanvasBlocker part of this list by suggesting it to the recommended programm (https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/553).
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16503620, 2 jaar geledenThis add-on needs instructions on how to use. If present already they need to be easier to find.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 jaar geleden geplaatstUsually you install the addon, select a preset that matches your needs and you are good to go.
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with a description of what you want instructions for. There we can communicate better and you can follow the progress on the subject.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Fraaggle, 3 jaar geledenNice addon, but why it needs reading and changing privacy settings? This is new after the last update. Why you need that now?
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar3 jaar geleden geplaatstAs discussed in https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/438:
The access to the privacy setting is needed to display the notice for privacy.resistFingerprinting. So it's not that important but unfortunately I cannot make it optional.
CB only reads that and does not write any privacy settings: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/search?q=%22browser.privacy%22&unscoped_q=%22browser.privacy%22
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Ali, 4 jaar geledenI can't find a way to exclude Google Maps (unless I exclude all of Google, which I don't wanna). And this makes Google Maps totally hang always.
So, basically either this add-on or Google Maps.
Would be 5 stars if it had a better way of excluding URL patters.You can use regular expressions to exclude specific URLs within a domain. For Google Maps ^https://www\.google\.de/maps/ should work.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Adam, 4 jaar geledenSettings are overly complicated.I always try to simplify the settings, but the subject is complicated. If you have specific settings that you think should be simpler you are welcome to open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your suggestions.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door whis, 4 jaar geledenHelp me: I changed a parameter i do not know which one and i think that because of that i can not solve the captchas anymore! :(
I get this message every time :
" Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page "
I cleared the cache and cookies of firefox but the problem is still there! what to do?Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with more details
There we can communicate much better.
But as a first measure you could reset the CanvasBlocker settings.
UPDATE: it's known that the protection for the window API breaks recaptcha. If you disable and reenable it you should be prompted with a question to whitelist the specific url that is needed by it.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13268901, 5 jaar geledenWhat happened to the fingerprint icon up in the toolbar on android FF? It is now gone so how do I know if CB is functioning correctly?The fingerprint icon should be present if you have notifications enabled and something was faked on the page.
You can check if CB is working on the test pages (e.g. https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/test/test.html - the hashes should change on reload).
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues - there we can discuss better.
This issue is solved in 0.5.5
- Tell me what you dislike about the new version. Without this information I cannot improve CB.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Clemens Ratte-Polle, 5 jaar geledenWhere can i test the success of CanvasBlocker?
Does it make problems with twitter header image upload?
i got probsYou can go to http://kkapsner.github.io/CanvasBlocker/test/test.html and check if the displayed hash changes on every reload.
I know of no problems with twitter. But if you think that it is CB related please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues - there we can communicate much better.
- Waardering: 3 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14072583, 5 jaar geledenDoes not work according to fingerprint test at https://panopticlick.eff.org/What do you mean with "does not work"? Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues where we can communicate better and therefore I can help better.