- Firefox user 16613184 님, 9달 전5점 만점에 4점I was using Sage++ Sage++ (Higmmer's Edition) on Waterfox classic. Switching to a newer browser forced me to look for alternatives...
Could you add an option to open preview when double-click (not click) on subscribed feed.
개발자 답글9달 전에 게시됨The middle click (if you have it) will open the preview.
Alternatively, you can go to the Options page (Manage Extension) and see if the option ‘A feed-click automatically opens the Feed Preview’ in the ‘Behavior’ section may be of some help.
- Firefox user 14777851 님, 2년 전5점 만점에 4점Very good followup of old sage and sage-by-himmer. However, I have a couple of suggestions>
- change 'Open all in tabs' to 'Open all unread in tabs'
- option to mark all as read when jumping to next feed
- if 'mark all as read' is selected on folder it should relate to that folder only
Anyhow, this extension was the reason to download firefox again :-)
- Firefox user 14665558 님, 3년 전5점 만점에 4점Just started using this add-on today, and so far it's great. What I was looking for, and what I have so far found only in your add-on, despite trying Feedbro, Brief, and other RSS readers, is effortless syncing with my Firefox on other devices. Other readers do not yet sync properly or require an account.
What keeps me from 5 stars so far is difficulty moving a feed into an empty folder - wonder if there is a trick to this - and some difficulty using keystrokes to mark items as read. If I did not read the article, I usually had to use a right click in the sidebar to mark an article as read - couldn't do so when I brought up all articles of one feed in a Sage-Like new tab.
One observation is that Sage-Like does not work with or provide a toolbar add-on for "Subscribe to Feed." I suspect this is a result of its design based on the sidebar. Another observation is that Sage-Like does not seem to provide a method of saving articles, for example into one of the folders I've created to collect feeds. Not really an issue though for me as I'll usually use another method to save the article.
Thanks for providing Sage-Like.Hi,
Thank you the review and rating.
Moving a feed into an empty folder - You are right to wonder and there is a trick to this. If you press the shift key while dragging the feed over the folder, the folder will highlight and you can drop the feed into it.
Difficulty using keystrokes to mark items as read - For me keyboard shortcuts in a web extension are a mess because there are always conflicts with other extensions. I'll see what I can do in terms of adding some shortcuts for some context menu items.
A toolbar button for "Subscribe to Feed." - That's a good idea to implement. The "Discover Feeds" button (magnifying glass) in the Sage-Like sidebar provides a somewhat similar operation.
- Firefox user 14668936 님, 3년 전5점 만점에 4점Ti ringrazio molto per la risposta e anche per le migliorie apportate con gli aggiornamenti. adesso merita aleno 4 stelle e mezza. Inoltre mi scuso per non essermi accorto che la pagina di anteprima degli articoli era già possibile attivarla con il tasto destro. La quinta stella la aggiungerò quando la pagina di anteprima degli articoli si aprirà autenticamente come nel vecchio Sage perché alcune persone con disabilità come me fanno già fatica a usare un tasto del muose.
Sotto la vecchia recensione
Meriterebbe 5 stelle se come il vecchio sage avesse una pagina di anteprima degli articoli e permettesse di esportare ed importare file OPML. Comunque faccio i miei complimenti all'autore e sono certo che migliorerà. GrazieHi,
Thank you the review and rating.
You can view the preview page if you right-click on a feed in the tree-view (context menu) and then select one of the first 'Open xxxx' menu items.
I will try to find the time to work on the OPML import/export issue.
- pd 님, 3년 전5점 만점에 4점Would be great if you had a Github location for this install so we could help you improve it by logging Issues (bugs). Not so convenient in here :)
UPDATE2: Turns out it's the Content Blocking: Custom settings that are breaking feedburner feeds. They must use some sort of redirect cookie or something that my settings reject.
UPDATE: Looks like feedburner links are breaking in the current version.
Very hard to give developer feedback / document bugs without an issue tracking system. Suggestion: Github (short of Mozilla actually adding issue reporting here in AMO) ?
YES! Finally after years of waiting, the doom and gloom of WebExtensions and Quantum plus Mozilla killing native RSS ... I can now view feeds as I have done for years.
This is not just a continuation of a critical use case for me but nothing short of enabling me to finally move to Quantum's speed improvements.
Only one issue prevents me from a 5 star review: I need to always open articles in a separate tab. Is there a repo I can clone to tweak this?
So many RSS alternatives focused on the Sage newspaper-like view and or did not use the WebExtension Sidebar API. It's amazing Mozilla even supplied this API instead of butchering it like most other APIs that formerly integrated significantly with chunks of browser chrome instead of all addons relying on doorhanger panels and/or their own content tabs. This addon re-implements the exact subset of Sage functionality that I used and needed. Maybe it does more, maybe not, I'm oblivious as it does almost everything I need.
The name and logo are very nice as well, which absolutely makes a big difference.
Thank you so very much for your efforts. I've been hunting and depressed whenever I failed to find a solution. I was just about to start trying to make my own but was feeling very daunted by the prospect.Thank you very match for this review and rating pd.
As for opening articles in a separate tab, ctrl+click or middle click to open in a new tab, shift+click to open in a new window. And there is also the context menu.
I really need to write some sort of features list.