- Valutata 1 su 5di Darrin S, un mese faThis extension used to work great for YouTube downloading. Now it hasn't worked in about a year. Supposedly it was fixed for a moment with version 8, but now it doesn't work again. Hoping that it gets updated and fixed, but I'm not optimistic after this long.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 18017994, un mese faI've owned and used for many years, usually with the companion app. Basically stopped working with YouTube over a year ago, but continued to work on a few other sites. Now as of Aug 2023, it gets nothing at all. I get messages about not being able to aggregate streams, regardless of video type or size I try to download. Definitely don't pay for this
- Valutata 1 su 5di VideoJockey, un mese fa14 Aug 2023: Does not work. Paid $28 U.S. and can't get a refund. I want a refund. No videos download. It indicates "downloading" but just sits there...dead. I've tried several video sites but none work. I have the latest v8 *.tpi and I have latest 1.63 companion app and I have paid the "premium" fee of $28+ U.S. Beware because there is no way to get a refund. It's just money lost. Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have also tried manually removing the *.tpi from Firefox as a prep to do one of the many reinstalls. Video DownloadHelper (VDH) just dead and there is no live support. The so-called "forum" has nothing but people like me who know nothing but need help so we have idiots trying to help idiots and the only suggestions are: (1) uninstall and reinstall, (2) clear the cache, shutdown and restart. I've done all of that. No good. I have 3 computers and Video DownloadHelper is not working on any of the 3 computers. That's a clue that the failure is not something I'm doing incorectly. Is it my ISP blocking? No. I fired up my VPN and tried downloading to those 3 computers. All 3 have Video DownloadHelper doing nothing but sitting there stating it is "downloading" but it is not. I am thankful that I have other Firefox extensions for video and they are working. Those other Firefox video extensions work and they are free with no QR watermark and they don't charge to remove a watermark. Video DownloadHelper ate my $28 U.S. and just sits there and hides behind some 3rd party billing service that I cannot contact to refund the charge to my credit card. Video DownloadHelper states that PayPal won't deal with them. Well...now I can see why PayPal has shunned them. This is scary because VDH stems from the github. I trusted them. Now I can't believe in anything anymore.
Update 15 August 2023
I have contacted email@example.com on 14 Aug 2023 and 15 Aug 2023 trying for a refund. It is that email address from which the registration key was sent. I am getting no response. The email address is just as dead as the Video DownloadHelper servers are dead. It's all dead to me. Black hole. Dark matter. Empty void. Money gone. Now I'll be forced to engage in the credit card dispute process for the charge made to my credit card.
Update 19 August 2023
They ignored my repeated request to cancel my premium payment so today I filed a dispute with VISA. VISA issued a refund to my account and VISA states they will take it from there. Over the last several days, I've tried Video DownloadHelper at several of the sites it states it can manage. None work. Sometimes it will download the advertisement prelude but the topical video is never captured. Maybe it's just me because I am seeing people post their successes with the addon. I have updated the browser, updated the add-on, and updated the companion application. I have reverted to older versions of each to run some tests to see if I can discover an algorithm that brings about a successful download. Hours I have tried and achieved only failures. I seriously doubt it is anything I'm doing wrong because I've tried several computers where each computer has different configurations. In all cases, other Firefox video downloaders work fine. It's only Video DownloadHelper that continuously fails.
Upate 21 August 2023
Today, a glimmer of hope shone through the Firefox GUI. VDH did work once at a non-YT site. I'm running out of text allowance so I have to be brief now. Anyway, it did work once today. Maybe there's hope.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 18014577, un mese faIt doesn't work, it requires an additional app to be installed (that for example on Macos it cannot be checked for malware), and even with that installed, it doesn't work.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 18007583, 2 mesi faWhen I try to download a video, this so-called addon wants me to install a separate program to my computer to actually do the downloading. Used to be a good addon, now it's worthless.