- Valutata 1 su 5di Muppet, 4 giorni faSince week ago or more certain links do not open even when disabling all the filter list, and start working after disabling ublock extension like youtu.be share links but also other websites can randomly get blocked even tho they aren't after disabling and re enabling ublock origin, not sure whats causing this i suspect ublock is is malfunctioning
edit: I just checked its bassicly on defaults, if i disable plugin then enable it works for a time until browser is restarted, it was also blocking infinite craft website 1e google result, behaves same way unless i disable plugin, i do not have this plugin in edge will check and update in a bit if it also happens in edge with ublock origin
edit: i had ublock origin on all the time on edge it does not happen however in edge suspend network activity is off currently
After configuring edge the same as firefox, the youtu.be links always work, even after killing it will update in an hour probably maybe a day and update if not the case, cos usually after disabling plugin in firefox and enabling it again it works for a while.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 giorni faDid you inadvertently enable the no-popups switch? See https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Per-site-switches#no-popups
Anyway you can get better help by reporting on official support forums along with your troubleshooting information -- see Support pane in uBO's dashboard.
- Valutata 1 su 5di IvanJGC, un mese faHello, this site, https://free-mp3-download.net/ has it's "adblocker detected" message popping up. I tried everything to remove the message so i can use the site again but nothing happened. Ublock origin also doesn't work as well when i tried to update the filters. Please sort this issue out. A lot of users are having the same problem with the site especially those who are using Ublock origin as their adblocker!
- Valutata 1 su 5di Darkman, 2 mesi faThey removed the "purge all caches" button!
So, if I have a page with updated anti-adblocker script (not YT), I have to wait up to 5 hours now. Or I have to click on the clock icons from all the lists. This is really a usability improvement......not.
I probably expressed myself badly:
I have a site that doesn't want me to use an adblocker. The site recognizes the adblocker with some script and blocks me. This happens every few weeks. The last time was a few days ago with uBO 1.55.
My solution so far: Use the "Purge all caches" button. Then I was able to visit the site again. For me, this meant that I had one/several outdated filter lists in uBO.
If the problem was caused by another addon or my browser, I would not be able to solve the problem with "Purge all caches".
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 2 mesi faThe "Purge all caches" button was causing people to download multi MBs of filter lists with no guarantee that the fix was present in any these lists. There is no need for that crude way of updating filter lists:
- Differential updates ensure you have most recent filters multiple times per day instead of once every 6 days
- In case a fix is added to a list and is immediately needed by a user, we provide a click-to-update link in support channels to guarantee you receive the fix with minimal bandwidth burden
Keep in mind uBO is not monetized and we can't afford to end up having to pay tens of thousands of US dollars to a CDN providers to host the lists -- this would be the end of the project.
The updated anti-blocker has no effect on uBO, no fix needs to be added to the lists, so something else in your browser is causing this, and re-downloading all the lists would have accomplished nothing except pointlessly consumes bandwidth of the server.
You need to follow the instructions to the letter: https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/20586