- Valutata 2 su 5di tar, 23 giorni faTabs in a private window are restored in a regular (non-private) window. This is extremely unwanted, violates privacy expectations, and is non-intuititve, Fetching site information (favicon) from Google without explicit user approval is clearly anti-privacy. Frankly, I am shocked and very disappointed that Mozilla awarded this extension a "Recommended" badge.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 12 giorni faHi, we included a cache of the top 1000 web site icons in OneTab, so that retrieving the icon can be avoided. In Chrome, there is a local favicon cache that we also access before retrieving any favicons, but Firefox does not yet have that feature. We will implement it as soon as it becomes available in Firefox. We are also working on a huge update to OneTab that will remember whether tabs were originally from incognito windows.
- Valutata 2 su 5di QHAL, 5 mesi faGreat concept but poor implementation. Always crashing, losing tabs, slows browser or becomes overwhelmed by the volume of tabs for stashing. There are other add-ons available that do the same thing, swiftly and reliably.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Orlando, 9 mesi faA great extension for people like me who use a lot of tabs in a single session. But this time, when I updated FF, the tabs I send to "sleep" in OneTab disappeared. This is the first time this has happened with this extension. For now, I have to save them as bookmarks in FF itself.
- Valutata 2 su 5di olliebean, 9 mesi faIt's a good idea, but unfortunately it's missing one essential option - to send all *selected* tabs to OneTab. There are very few occasions when I want to clear away *all* my tabs, but quite often I could do with clearing away a selected portion of them. Without that option, this addon is of little use to me.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 14827504, 10 mesi faIt worked very well in the beginning, but not sure what happened. It's not that it doesn't save my tabs, it's that when I go to the tab where all the tabs are saved, it infinitely loops trying to bring them up. Sometimes it works if I leave it open long enough, but it's mostly miss than hit. It's a shame cause I really liked this add-on, but it hasn't been updated since mid 2022. Could be abandoned, steer clear if you hope for any support or updates.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Lorenzo, 10 mesi faWorked well at first but stopped working after browser restart. Restarting again solved the issue temporarily and allowed for stored tabs recovery. It looks like the extension becomes unreliable when multiple browser windows are used.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Pascaloo, 2 anni faEconomise en effet de la mémoire ce qui est appréciable, mais les URL qui figurent dans le signet One Tab ne sont pas différenciés quand ils appartiennent à un même site (mais pages différentes). Difficile donc de rappeler celle qu'on veut.
Le "design" n'est pas non plus au top, ce qui est accessoire.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 17086957, 2 anni faLack of option to restor all tabs at once with the same order then before they were agregated to list. For me this is important to have them after restore in the same order as they were before I have send them to Onetab llist.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Wyrdling, 2 anni faGreat addon, simple to use but critically missing dark mode with no third party method to force it to be since "This webpage type" isn't supported by almost anything that tries to edit it's style sheet. Even tried the custom CSS import, but that doesn't seem to work anymore either. With how many reviews I've seen requesting this feature Dark mode seems to almost single-handedly bring it's overall rating down. It's to the point I'm looking for alternatives for eyestrain because of my constant use of this extension. My monitor is only 200 Nit brightness, I can't imagine what higher end monitors might look like.
- Valutata 2 su 5di johnmichaelwu, 3 anni faThis used to work wonderfully. Recently it started occasionally failing---clicking restore would restore only a subset of the saved tabs. This happens infrequently, but is catastrophic to workflow.
I've attempted to reach out to the developers on multiple occasions, with no success.
I would strongly advise against using this extension (even if it works 100% for you), for the following reasons:
- Lack of developer transparency. I've never successfully contacted them. It is also not open source.
- Lack of features. The one feature they have is useful for sure, but they don't support lazy loading, saving the state of multiple windows, or custom keyboard shortcuts.
I'm surprised by the extension's popularity, given that 1. it isn't complex software and they didn't get it right and 2. there's no easy way to reach the developers (is OneTab Ltd. even legit?).
I've moved onto using Tab Session Manager. It seems to have better features and is open source. We'll see how that goes.
- Valutata 2 su 5di kjbaumga, 3 anni faI've been comparing session manager types of add-ons, because I use a lot of tabs. With this one, it didn't *appear* to have the "lazy loading" feature, where pages aren't reopened until you click on them. Other session manager-style add-ons (tab session manager, mysessions) have this. I restored 300+ tabs with OneTab, and it used all my memory, and brought the machine to a halt. I waited for all the pages to load, and finally gave up. No one needs to use 300 tabs at once! Doing the same operation with tab session manager (for example), the 300 tabs open almost instantly, with minimal memory use.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Stephan, 3 anni faFantastic App
But has 1 fatal bug.
I tried to restore 12 Tabs. It only restored 2.
No error Message or anything.
The other 10 Tabs are now lost forever. Please look into that.
Would get 5 Stars otherwise
- Valutata 2 su 5di Ouro Tayuun, 3 anni faExtension desperately needs better handling of Private windows. OneTab will not on load Private windows, even if given permission to run on them.
Additionally, it can attempt to open itself in an already open private window when selecting "Display OneTab", resulting in a mostly blank but completely useless page.
Finally, left clicking the OneTab icon in the browser toolbar saves all tabs in the current window to OneTab, then closes the window without asking for confirmation. While I do not believe this to be *good* behavior in principle, it's also worth noting that the top option in the menu when *right* clicking the icon is "open OneTab", and it'd be reasonable to expect that to be the default, left click behavior.
Ideally, I'd like OneTab to understand the difference between a private tab/window and a normal tab/window, or at the very least include a "restore/open tab(s) in a private window" option. Hell, failing that, I'd accept a version that commits to the private browsing sandbox: onetab saves you tabs in a private tab/window, and closing out your private session completely wipes it.
In short: addon falls short if your, uh, heavy memory usage tabs are in private browsing windows, suffers from some minor interaction woes, and could use some options to better define its behavior (specifically that left-click on toolbar issue and auto-closing windows (would like option to keep window open with sole OneTab tab open, for example))
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 3 anni faThanks for taking the time to make a detailed report. You're right, we had not tested private window interactions enough with this latest release. We've just fixed this in the latest 1.51 release.
We have long wondered whether we'd be over-complicating things to allow tabs to be restored (either individually or as a group) into a private browsing window. So far we have decided not to over-complicate the user interface with private window options, but please do let us know the scenarios in which you would find it useful to restore tabs to a private window, so that we can re-think the trade-off between UI complications and this functionality.
- Valutata 2 su 5di USER-EXPERIENCEONLY, 3 anni faSept 2022: It's gotten better but the thing that remains that is really annoying is that it won't load the saved urls automatically and you have to disable and re-enable it to get the saved urls to load. The problem with the auto opening of the tabs has been resolved in their settings, so that is not an issue now. But I am sick and tired of having to disable and re-enable it to get it to load on command. I dont' want AUTO load but I do want them to load when I issue the command.
June, 2022: It's gotten better, easier to use. On some browsers such as epic, it will not auto activate and you have to disable and reenable to get it to show. Need a better way to save the tabs when it goes haywire. Should have an auto setting to automatically lock the tabs.
Nov 10, 2021:
Demoted this add on to ONE STAR.
It acts like trojan or malware and opens a second FFOX window without user input and with setting set to open tab only, ignores the setting and opens a new window. Reported as malware.
mostly disabled it. Breaks Loads whether you ask it to or not and then breaks your vpn or music connection in doing so. Seems pretty obvious they are messing with your other browsing connections. It's only good for one thing, that is if you have to open many URLS and don't want to bother pressing the keys to make a book mark. I consider this spyware. Don't know why mozilla recommends it, but they must have low standards.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 3 anni faWe have a very strict privacy guarantee, and Mozilla manually reviews all of our source code. I'm not sure what kind of "breaking" of your browsing you're talking about. The extension will not normally affect your browsing in any way unless you click the OneTab button to send your open tabs to OneTab.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Sans Undertale, 3 anni faIt works, but with caveats. I'd recommend you check out Tab Stash or Session Manager (Both also part of the recommended program) before using this one, but if you want to use this specifically then heed these warnings....
One: The extension's icon in the extension bar is a nuke that automatically saves all open tabs in an individual window into OneTab, CLOSING THEM IN THE PROCESS. If you are (rightfully) scared of activating this nuke by accident, remove the extension icon from the extension bar asap. Virtually everything can be done via context menus anyway.
2. If you share tab groups as a webpage, it will be searchable on Google until (and unless) you delete the page on the page itself. Otherwise, anyone can see it.
3. OneTab is a RAM hog that will eat up CPU and Battery like nobody's business.
I give it 2 stars because it does work fine if you keep these in mind, but Tab Stash does nearly everything OneTab does but better (thanks to it's use of native Firefox Bookmarking instead of it's own engine).
- Valutata 2 su 5di Necromantic, 3 anni faLove OneTab, using it on both Chrome and Firefox. Isn't it about time we get a nightmode? There are a couple of extensions that would provide this but non of them work now due to Mozilla cracking down security. Please please please, a night mode.