- Valutata 3 su 5di witrak(), 5 anni faWould be four stars but for that, it should not show nagging advertisements of Ghostery paid services nor bragging info after each new version...
Edit (after developer response): Yes, I know that it is informational window. My point is that developers should not remind about paid/subscription based version under every possible pretext (especially if the business model assumes payment from the other side, too...).This window is a message to let our users know we now offer a paid subscription option with additional features we think you guys will really enjoy. If you wish to continue using the free version of Ghostery, this is still available with the same great features we have always provided. Simply click the "x" in the corner of the window and continue browsing securely with Ghostery!
- Valutata 3 su 5di Mrowa378, 5 anni faThis addon is good but has some disadvantages, among others, a little slows down the website and browser and not all trackers catching is so that some tolerates and I would not want some tolerate :-( I would really like this add-on to optimize the operation of the browser and the operation of websites in 1.0 s so that it would go so quicklyHey there, would you mind sending some examples of where you are noticing things running slower to email@example.com? We are always looking to improve, thanks!
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14522109, 5 anni faseems to be blocking pop ups and ads but it has a complicated set up not sure if its easier to use if you sign up and download their extra stuff. not able to click on a button to remove an element of a page cant right click to remove an element either
- Valutata 3 su 5di Holmemoss, 5 anni faIn order to clarify the situation for everyone, does the new version on Ghostery collect log in details?Hi, in order for Ghostery to block trackers and ads, it needs to be able to detect and take action on elements of a web page as you browse. We do not record sensitive information(including login credentials as you browse), record browsing history, or disclose user data. Note that despite the prompt being new, Ghostery is not introducing any new permissions with the update. You can read about this in greater detail on our FAQ page, here: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/why-am-i-being-prompted-to-approve-an-update-from-ghostery/
We are also open source, which you can view here: https://github.com/ghostery/ghostery-extension
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14177324, 6 anni faI used to like Ghostery, until it started using around 15% of one of my processors - I've disabled it now.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14113947, 6 anni faAlgunas veces percibo que ralentiza las paginas web.Gracias por la respuesta. ¿Puede enviarnos más información? tal vez haya algo que podamos hacer para ayudarlo con su configuración. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 5957935, 6 anni faIt displays annoying red circle in the corner, or sometimes a big red rectangle, which shows how many counters it blocked. There is no way to switch it off.
PS: with respect to developer's response, I was unable to find the ways to get to settings. When I click the icon, I don't get to settings. Users should not spend time discover how to get rid of annoying alerts (any alert is annoying if it is on the area alotted for displaying webpages), such alerts should be off by default, and getting to settings should be intuitive.We don't have a red icon..purple yes... you can turn off all notifications like the alert bubble and counter from the settings > notifications section. If you would like more assistance shoot us an email! email@example.com
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14027598, 6 anni faThe blocker seems to be working well but I don't understand why it doesn't block trackers by default? Do I really need to block trackers manually on every website I visit?Everyone's privacy preferences are different which is why the current version does not block by default. You don't need to set page by page. Click the Icon > Settings > Global Blocking and click "Block All"