- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 12196867, 6 mesi faAfter I was orphaned from xMarks, it replaced it nicely.
But the only caveat is that when I do a search on a bookmark that is duplicated, it simply shows the 2 (or more duplicates) without telling me where it is located, in which subfolder they are found, making it difficult to organize them...
In the bookmark popup itself, it could show in which folder the link is located.
Fix this, and me and the rest of the guys will give 10 stars
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 17850595, 8 mesi faA good and useful extension. I use them in all major browsers. The app on my Android tablet keeps crashing and is unusable. I wish this bug will be fixed and I wish an app for iPad and iPhone. Oliver
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 15573912, 4 anni faIt used to work nicely, now it won't even let me log into the blasted thing. "An error occurred, please go back to login screen," which is even worse than the previous unexplained "sync failed" error message.
Rather irritating as I can't find an alternate simple plug-in/extension that goes back and forth between FireFox and Chrome.
[EDIT - Added a few stars, the "fix" is to enable all cookies but 'tracking' cookies in Firefox]
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13358418, 5 anni faNot easy to use, several dials which i deleted in my browser wont be deleted on the server and some dials which i made are not on the server. it seems to be a little odd.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Dan, 6 anni faWell, for syncing between different browsers, like Firefox and Chrome, it seems to work. Sort of. VERY annoying that at least the free version will not sync separators, though, so it would be stupid to use this to sync, say, from Firefox to Firefox, for which the Firefox built-in sync is vastly better.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13387315, 6 anni faI have been using Xmarks for years without a single problem, so the upcoming fizzle of Xmarks prompted me to look for a replacement. I use only Firefox (Quantum), on 3 pcs and 4 laptops.
I disabled Xmarks and installed Eversync on first computer (Win10) - OK,
Then the second (WIN10) computer installation appeared to be OK.
Closed FF on the first computer, then re-opened.
WHOA!! - ALL folders EVERYWHERE were empty, plus a message " Eversync limit is exceeded (1500), so 1147 bookmarks have been trashed".
WOW!! Yes - it actually said 'trashed'
Checked the second PC - same problem!!
Went to my wife's PC (Win7), still running Xmarks and forced an Xmarks upload.
Back to my PC and did an Eversync download. All folders were OK, but there was a duplicate set of empty folders.
Same with my second PC - a forced download had the same problem.
I persisted by deleting ALL empty folders on both computers, then did a forced Eversync upload on the original PC.
I checked the second PC after a forced download, and it's OK.
Then I spent the day removing duplicate bookmarks in all folders.
Did the forced upload, then forced download on the second computer
I kept an eye on both PCs for several days, and everything appears to be OK.
Then I opened FF on my wife's PC, disabled Xmarks and installed Eversync.
I now have all three working OK, but I'm nervous about Eversync destroying bookmarks WITHOUT WARNING.
I still have four laptops to do (two on Win10, two on XP).
Eversync did uploads in 10 seconds, but downloads with the problems went for more than 2 minutes 30 seconds.
After the cleanout of my bookmarks in my first PC, there's now less than 500, and Eversync now takes about 5 to 15 seconds on a forced download.
My recommendations - clean out ANY duplicate bookmarks before installing Eversync, and keep the total below 1500 (or you may lose bookmarks, er.. have them trashed).
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT HAVE BOTH XMARKS AND EVERSYNC RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME ON ANY BROWSER. That is guaranteed to destroy bookmarks wherever both save their bookmarks
After installation, check if your bookmarks still match those in a second PC running Xmarks, before it gets the ROOTB in May. Safety first
This is a crappy start, so though I now have a working system, Eversync needs to do something about updating the initial saving of bookmarks, rather than add more, going over its limit, and responding with a "you have more than the free Eversync will allow for, so the program is going to trash your bookmarks. If you pay $xx, you can have an unlimited list".
That sort of threat/idealogy, and poor programming, will kill Eversync.
My first impression was "EverStink", or "Neversync".
Nimbus won't like those connotations passed around if they want to take over Xmarks exalted position. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
- Valutata 3 su 5di mediaklan, 6 anni faQuite nice to be able to sync both Speed dials / Bookmarks with Eversync, and since a famous synchro service is ending, that will bring Eversync to the spotlight. Now if we could get rid of the incredibly amateurish and childish interface/gui settings, that will upgrade this addon into a must-have. More options for the speed dials look & feel wouldn't hurt, too. Still, a nice addon. Good work !
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 12876802, 6 anni faРаботает синхронизация на Win 7 и не работает на Win10. Браузер Firefox. Окно с надписью "Резервное копирование " зависает навсегда. Еще ни разу не отвисло.