Recensioni per EverSync - Sync bookmarks, backup your favorites.
EverSync - Sync bookmarks, backup your favorites. di Nimbus Web
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 15573912, 3 anni faIt used to work nicely, now it won't even let me log into the blasted thing. "An error occurred, please go back to login screen," which is even worse than the previous unexplained "sync failed" error message.
Rather irritating as I can't find an alternate simple plug-in/extension that goes back and forth between FireFox and Chrome.
[EDIT - Added a few stars, the "fix" is to enable all cookies but 'tracking' cookies in Firefox]
- Valutata 3 su 5di Grigorij, 4 anni faNot to bad. But you should upgrade also Android app. It looks to old. Add black theme for OLED displays. And will be 5 stars.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14344974, 4 anni faNot synchronized automatically. Checkbox is on. /Firefox Developer edition 67
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14620600, 4 anni faWorks very well, I wish it could save passwords too...
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13358418, 5 anni faNot easy to use, several dials which i deleted in my browser wont be deleted on the server and some dials which i made are not on the server. it seems to be a little odd.
- Valutata 3 su 5di mrp_x, 5 anni faSo far so good.
I am missing one feature: having profiles (like in xmarks) for work and home. 5* if you implement profiles.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Dan, 5 anni faWell, for syncing between different browsers, like Firefox and Chrome, it seems to work. Sort of. VERY annoying that at least the free version will not sync separators, though, so it would be stupid to use this to sync, say, from Firefox to Firefox, for which the Firefox built-in sync is vastly better.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Alepou, 5 anni faIt's not like the perfect xmarks. We must pay for auto sync. Ii's not working with firefox in android. I registered but the add on not connecting.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13387315, 5 anni faI have been using Xmarks for years without a single problem, so the upcoming fizzle of Xmarks prompted me to look for a replacement. I use only Firefox (Quantum), on 3 pcs and 4 laptops.
I disabled Xmarks and installed Eversync on first computer (Win10) - OK,
Then the second (WIN10) computer installation appeared to be OK.
Closed FF on the first computer, then re-opened.
WHOA!! - ALL folders EVERYWHERE were empty, plus a message " Eversync limit is exceeded (1500), so 1147 bookmarks have been trashed".
WOW!! Yes - it actually said 'trashed'
Checked the second PC - same problem!!
Went to my wife's PC (Win7), still running Xmarks and forced an Xmarks upload.
Back to my PC and did an Eversync download. All folders were OK, but there was a duplicate set of empty folders.
Same with my second PC - a forced download had the same problem.
I persisted by deleting ALL empty folders on both computers, then did a forced Eversync upload on the original PC.
I checked the second PC after a forced download, and it's OK.
Then I spent the day removing duplicate bookmarks in all folders.
Did the forced upload, then forced download on the second computer
I kept an eye on both PCs for several days, and everything appears to be OK.
Then I opened FF on my wife's PC, disabled Xmarks and installed Eversync.
I now have all three working OK, but I'm nervous about Eversync destroying bookmarks WITHOUT WARNING.
I still have four laptops to do (two on Win10, two on XP).
Eversync did uploads in 10 seconds, but downloads with the problems went for more than 2 minutes 30 seconds.
After the cleanout of my bookmarks in my first PC, there's now less than 500, and Eversync now takes about 5 to 15 seconds on a forced download.
My recommendations - clean out ANY duplicate bookmarks before installing Eversync, and keep the total below 1500 (or you may lose bookmarks, er.. have them trashed).
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT HAVE BOTH XMARKS AND EVERSYNC RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME ON ANY BROWSER. That is guaranteed to destroy bookmarks wherever both save their bookmarks
After installation, check if your bookmarks still match those in a second PC running Xmarks, before it gets the ROOTB in May. Safety first
This is a crappy start, so though I now have a working system, Eversync needs to do something about updating the initial saving of bookmarks, rather than add more, going over its limit, and responding with a "you have more than the free Eversync will allow for, so the program is going to trash your bookmarks. If you pay $xx, you can have an unlimited list".
That sort of threat/idealogy, and poor programming, will kill Eversync.
My first impression was "EverStink", or "Neversync".
Nimbus won't like those connotations passed around if they want to take over Xmarks exalted position. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
- Valutata 3 su 5di mediaklan, 5 anni faQuite nice to be able to sync both Speed dials / Bookmarks with Eversync, and since a famous synchro service is ending, that will bring Eversync to the spotlight. Now if we could get rid of the incredibly amateurish and childish interface/gui settings, that will upgrade this addon into a must-have. More options for the speed dials look & feel wouldn't hurt, too. Still, a nice addon. Good work !
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13165924, 5 anni faLogin does not work in Firefox, fine with chrome...
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 12876802, 5 anni faРаботает синхронизация на Win 7 и не работает на Win10. Браузер Firefox. Окно с надписью "Резервное копирование " зависает навсегда. Еще ни разу не отвисло.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Braden's PC's, 5 anni faThis addon does not even do what it advertises. It works OK as a bookmark manager within multiple instances of Firefox or Chrome, but this is completely unnecessary and redundant as FF and Chrome both have bookmark syncing (and so much more) built in when you log into a Mozilla/Google account. Backup and restore is neat, but again, this is also redundant as these feature already exist in the browser. If you are reading this and are considering EverSync as a way to sync between Chrome and FF, this is not the tool for you. I attempted to do this multiple times over a 6 month period, trying different methods, and it all it would do was lock up FF/Chrome on me. Also, be aware that you need to purchase a premium account ($44) to have it do over 1,000 bookmarks. Also be aware that when you purchase this with PayPal, it is an annual subscription that will automatically renew each year until you cancel the subscription with Nimbus and/or remove the per-approved payment from PayPal.
EDIT: Nimbus was nice enough to give me a partial refund of $40 when the subscription renewed this year. I had forgotten all about it. I am very grateful for that. Thank you Nimbus.
EDIT: Some of the issues with the bookmarks may be partly to blame on the browsers themselves. I have experienced some lockup issues in FF and Vivaldi (a Chrome fork that is very buggy, I have since uninstalled it) when exporting/importing my bookmarks. I have thousand, possibly tens of thousands of them, most work related. I am going to look for alternative solutions to this, like maybe some sort of cloud based "bookmark" option.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13628000, 5 anni faHat bis jetzt immer gut funktioniert, aber seit dem Firefoxupdate auf Firefox 57 funktioniert die Erweiterung nicht mehr, schade.