Recensioni per Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data
Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data di Lusito
- Valutata 5 su 5di c5942958, 4 anni faI don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but I can't get it to work on https://demo.agektmr.com/storage/ for LocalStorage, and I don't know other method to see if LocalStorage is actually working in this addon.
I'm sorry, I don't know what I did before, but it actually works!
By the way I suppose it's normal that "SessionStorage" on this site doesn't get instantly deleted on Manual Cleanup regardless of "Protect currently...", I have to close the tab or restart the browser (I'm on v70.0.1(64-bit).
Also can this Manual Cleanup do more than the built-in "manage data" from about:preferences#privacy?
Thank you.Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I just checked your link and it works for me. Several things might be an issue here: 1. You need to actually enable cleanup in the settings in addition to creating rules, since the cleanups are disabled by default. 2. On Firefox for Android, the local storage cleanup is not supported. 3. You might have your rules set up to prevent cleanup on that domain. If you need more assistance, please visit https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/
- Valutata 3 su 5di iamjaydear, 4 anni faThere are a lot of settings and I did my best to be logical when I went through them. Most importantly I assumed that if I mark expressions "Never" they will not be deleted. Not so unfortunately. I keep getting messages at the bottom of FF that so and so cookie has been deleted, even though I marked them NEVER. That is a major nuisance, so I've had to disable it for now.Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review. If your cookies gets deleted, it's most likely a misconfiguration. To get to the bottom of this, you can visit your website, then open the add-on popup and click on the book icon to open the cookie inspector. There you should be able to see what rule-type would be applied for the cookies of your website. If you need more help, please visit https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/
- Valutata 1 su 5di lunix, 4 anni faDoes not work. Firefox 70. Cool interface, but automatic cleaning does not work at start or exit of firefoxThanks for taking the time to write a review, but with this little information I can't do anything about it. It's most likely either a misconfiguration or a misunderstanding. If you need help, please visit https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/
- Valutata 5 su 5di cdo, 4 anni faWorking very well; only request atthis point would be some more detailed documentation for some of the specific data types (how to select/clear). Thanks for a really good tool!
- Valutata 1 su 5di Wok, 4 anni faI used to think this add-on was more powerful than "Cookie AutoDelete". However, there are bugs, with cookies not being deleted, and this add-on is not maintained (cf. https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/288 ). In contrast, "Cookie AutoDelete" works perfectly fine, and it is maintained!
- Valutata 1 su 5di The Dude, 4 anni faGreat potential brought down by the fact that it simply doesn't work correctly - indexeddb is not deleted for some sites, if at all; only regular cookies are.
You can check for yourself by visiting sites which use indexedb storage and then checking your Firefox options for the presence of their storage records, long after said sites have been closed in the browser.First of all, thanks for writing a detailed explanation of your issue. What you are experiencing is bad wording of the firefox options. Indexeddb is correctly cleared, but some metadata is leftover. This metadata can not be read by the website. You can read a detailed explanation here: https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/175 .
Also, keep in mind, that indexeddb can not be cleared when leaving a site. Only on startup or manually. I am working with mozilla on a solution for this.
- Valutata 5 su 5di Unvir, 4 anni faWill ever add support for removing cookies based on containers? I'm using Multi-Account containers, and this is the only thing that stops me from using your addon. I think many will make the jump to your addon once this is done.It's next on my todo-list. Going on vacation soon though and it won't happen before.
- Valutata 5 su 5di Utente Firefox 15243064, 4 anni faCould be a winner, though i cant get it to work - no FMN flower in toolbar/customize toolbar.What Firefox Version are you using? Is the add-on listed in your add-ons list (see firefox menu -> add-ons).
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 15243055, 4 anni faLooks nice but the blue flower disappears and it doesnt seem to work (its not in the customize menu)What Firefox Version are you using? Is the add-on listed in your add-ons list (see firefox menu -> add-ons).
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 15109409, 4 anni faDoes not clear Service Workers on domain change; did not remove localstorage, nor all third party cookies on domain change in my testing.
COME ON FIREFOX, please improve your APIS to allow us to inject, modify, and remove all forms of storage!Clearing service workers is sadly not possible on domain change. That is a limitation in the Web-Extension interface. Beware of the term localstorage. Firefox shows items as "storage" in the settings even if they are "indexeddb" for example. What third-party cookie setting have you used? Try visiting http://github.com/lusito/forget-me-not for better support about issues.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 15191256, 4 anni faHi!
Can you enable this to make it work?
I have tried to installed it multiple times only to see either the flower being grey and not working, or it just installs and disappears. No other extensions behave like that.Hi, sorry about your bad experience. Flower being gray means, that you are using a private window. If the icon is not showing, maybe it got hidden in the overflow menu (the arrows). Try selecting "customize" from the firefox menu.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 12645688, 4 anni faRequires container tabs now? Oh well, on to the next one. Container tabs are FAR too buggy.
Enabling this addon *forces* container apps enabled.It doesn't require container tabs. It just needs the permission in case you use container tabs so that it can perform the cleanup properly. If you don't use container tabs, Forget Me Not will not use them either.