- oleh oldmilkmaid, 5 bulan yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Honestly, I don't remember when I added this to my Firefox, but last night I was working on my website, adding photos to a page, when suddenly I couldn't see the photos. Tried rebooting the computer - still couldn't see the pictures. Contacted my webhost (Webstarts) this morning and explained what I did and what was happening. They had me check different browsers - photos worked on Chrome and Viasat Browser, but not on Firefox or Edge. This was on the Webstarts working site as well as online on the public site. It only affected my website, no other webpages, and affected all the added (non-background) pictures and graphics. I finally deleted MBAMBG from Firefox and Edge, refreshed those, and it worked - I had my photos back. I don't know why BG doesn't get along with Firefox and Edge, for me, but I hope we can get it worked out - I love MBAM and Webstarts, and pay for both! It would be a shame to have to permanently drop BG so my website works properly!
Balasan pengembangdikirim 5 bulan yang laluHey there, we have identified & fixed the issue that occurred on Webstarts.
If you reinstall and give the add-on about 5 minutes to fully refresh its database the site should work as expected.
If there are any other issues, please reach out at support.malwarebytes.com.
If you are serious about privacy please provide an option to opt-out of data collection.
Balasan pengembangdikirim 8 bulan yang laluHi there!
To opt out:
* From the Browser Guard UI navigate to the Support page
* Untick the box that reads "Send anonymous telemetry to Malwarebytes"
* Telemetry collection will be disabled
If you are seeing otherwise, please get in touch with our support team at support.malwarebytes.com.
The information that is collected is atomized and is not attributed to any user.
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 13163623, setahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5A great browser addon to protect user, but after 6 months of use I have decided to remove it, so many false positives when I am looking at websites or downloading content (Legitimate applications embraced in the opensource community and alike)
just too many nuisances keeping it. a great app none the less.
- oleh KevK, setahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Why is there no standard Option / Setting to not show the ICON in the Adress-Bar and I have to manually hide it via FireFox if I want it on without showing the distracting Icon, also a second Option to NOT show the numbers of currently blocked items on the icon is necessary, AdBlockPlus for example does both of this, as they know some people don't want to be distracted and need to manage their space in bars on their own.
- oleh Nordic, setahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Add me to the list of those having downloads instantly cancelled. Just started recently. No problems before. Just image files at first and today started blocking .mp4 files. Help!!
Update - just added Malwarebytes Browser Guard to Chrome and the downloads work fine.Hey Nordic, I'm sorry you had this experience! We've identified the source of this bug and we will get it fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks for helping verify that Chrome is working.
While we get this fixed, temporarily disable "Scams Protection" on the page you want to download from.
- oleh Andy, 2 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5This doesn't go far enough in removal of ads. Take Reuters site, there is a massive banner on the top of the page that doesn't get removed, fed by dianomi. Other pages are the same.
Current version has a very annoying console.log statement. I agree most don't see it; but imagine a programmer looking for bugs seeing it every page load, some script calls, etc.
Not quite what I expected from Malwarebytes.
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 12830855, 2 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Just installed it and right away I see that it doesn't block email ads from my webmail inbox like Adblock Plus does. I have Malwarebytes Premium so I'm ditching the addon and going back to Adblock Plus.
- oleh Harlan, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5I find it more of a nuisance than a help. It frequently blocks app downloads ("bad reputation") which I know are from trustworthy sites. It considers The Onion clickbait. It shows a badge with a number, but I don't know what that means, and it provides no information about what it is actually doing. I'm uninstalling.
- oleh WRS13, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Good extension, fulfills what promises, but break some sites without warning, such as https://www.hackster.io/, as it is a site that I trust and use for many years, I prefer to disable this Addon.
If you can tell me how to get around this problem, I'd continue with Addon.
Note: Even if you add the site to the "Allow List", it is still broken.
What blocks it is "Scam Protection", but by disabling it, would disable it for all sites.
- oleh Pac, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5I use uMatrix and uBlock and am a very big fan of those addons but I figured I'd throw this on top and see what happened. It doesn't seem to have done anything detrimental to any of the sites I like to commonly browse and in some cases I can see an indicator on the icon showing that it's blocking something but I am not seeing any way of showing exactly WHAT it is blocking. It would be nice if it gave more information on the little drop down menu when you click the icon as to what it is actually doing.
- oleh Cesc, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Sometimes, when closing firefox, two processes remain open. When I want to open firefox again, the error 'Firefox is already running but does not respond' occurs. When I deactivate the extension, the error disappears. Tested on two different computers. Otherwise, great.
- oleh Josep M, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Have to experiment more, a bit dissapointed, at this moment, sites as descargas2020.com are still unbrowsable without noscript or ublock... malwarebytes could not do nothing with it...
- oleh Osdre, 4 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Every time I closed Firefox it showed me a message that it had not closed properly, I had to uninstall Malwarebytes extension and the problem was solved.
It also does not work very well against advertising and pop-ups
Balasan pengembangdikirim 4 tahun yang lalucan you please provide an instance or domain where add-on failed to to block the pop up and ads ?
your feedback is valuable to us and we will be more then happy to resolve issues.
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 13714767, 4 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5I'm a pro user and the extension seems to block pro web protection from starting. Makes sense, but it causes pro to always object
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 12168538, 4 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5Please, I would like to see in next versions, details about what the add-on detects (malwares) or blocks (trackers). We see the number, not the details of the activity, as in Ghostery