- par WayTooBad, il y a un moisNoté 1 sur 5This add-on tags conservative sites as untrustworthy no matter what ratings they got. It blocks them each time you try to visit even after reporting the site as safe. Meanwhile obvious scam sites are not blocked.
- par xsSplater, il y a un moisNoté 1 sur 5Постоянные всплывающие окошки: "КУПИ НАШУ ПРОГРАММУ!", "НУ, ПОЖАЛУЙСТА! КУПИИИ!", "ТЕБЯ ОСТЛЕЖИВАЮТ! КУПИ!", "БЕЗ НАШЕЙ ПРОГИ ТЕБЕ ХАНА! КУПИ!"...
Спасибо, конечно, за ценное расширение, но теперь с ним хуже, чем без него. К тому же, у нас в Беларуси НЕЛЬЗЯ НИЧЕГО КУПИТЬ сейчас. Опять же тормоза и задержки жуткие с этим расширением везде.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 11 joursHey there, we are sad to hear about this situation.
Please contact us directly if you have any questions or if there's anything we can assist you with 🙂
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15503330 de Firefox, il y a 2 moisNoté 1 sur 5It's a tracker. That didn't bother me much, but lately it's after your passwords. Now it's malware.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17293278 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 1 sur 5This used to be a good add-on, but last year they redesigned it to be basically non-functional unless you register for their services.
It also vastly slows down browsing; for me it was adding 10-15 seconds for EVERY page load, and significantly slowing down browsing within pages. This was going on for months, which I attributed to browser updates, but after removing this specific extension the problem was immediately resolved.
You can see in older reviews that they keep claiming this was a bug that they've fixed, which is clearly not true.
Do not install this. If you still have it installed from back when it was worth using, the sooner you get rid of it the better.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 moisHey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.
The bug you are describing was fixed a few months ago yet we apologize for the inconvenience you're describing.
Kindly contact us directly so we will be able to gather more details and look into it more closely.
Thanks for your cooperation 🙂
- par muddypantz, il y a 3 moisNoté 1 sur 5Now charged to simple security. Used to as a tracker. Suggest everyone remove this ASAP
- par Dakart, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5Slows down Firefox. Leads to memory leaks and browser crashes. Probably engaged in hidden mining. The noble goal to secure the user is no longer pursued by the creators. Shame creators.Hey there, thanks for sharing this with us.
Please make sure you are using our latest extension because we already fixed this bug in the past.
We encourage you to contact us directly if the matter will not be resolved after the update, thanks!
- par SomeDude1345, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5Dont install this addon! It is a website tracker with bad anonymization. If you want Ad companies to know your diseases, sexual preferences and more, of course get this addon. NOT.Hey there, we are sad to hear this.
Wot's purpose is to keep you safe while you browse online.
We invite you to contact us directly if have any questions.
- par BristolJohn, il y a 6 moisNoté 1 sur 5Useless add-on, all it does it promote it's "premium" option. On the first day of attaching it I was hit 10 times in the browser and received four emails about upgrading to the premium membership- whilst not receiving anything at it's basic level. As far as the add-on goes, there are much more open sourced, clear and honest add-ons that offer far more protection and cover that can be selected. I've now directed all mail from them direct to spam/ auto delete (as request to remove my profile has been accepted but ignored!)Hey John, thanks for reaching out and we are sad to hear this. Our new version was just released and we encourage you to try it and please contact us directly as we could not find a deletion request from you, thanks.
- par alve_s, il y a 6 moisNoté 1 sur 5I found out that this extension adds about 5 seconds to all page loads for me, which makes it almost unusable.
I don't know if this is due to another extension I have installed that is incompatible, but uninstalling this made my browser much faster.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisHey there, thanks for sharing this with us! Our team is familiar with this and it will be fixed in the next version. We encourage you to stay tuned, give WOT another shot and reconsider your rating and review 🙂
- par DrainLife, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Just look one of their page:
24 reviews, NONE ABOVE 3 STARS but Wot "trust" this website and the note is 4 stars.
YES, 4 stars but NO ONE has given more than 3...
Seriously? This is shi*...
- par Rolf, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Pushing ads for some "protection service" it offers now. Sorry but F that. It was supposed to just show users the reputations of websites before you opened them. Now the extension itself feels as sketchy to me as the sites I'm trying to avoid.Hey Rolf,
WOT is a freemium service and most of our features are offered for free. Our premium package offers advanced features in addition to reputations of websites, such as Anti-phishing, Real-time protection and many more! If you do not wish try these features, you can always continue to use our basic functions and stay safe online.
- par nomorespam, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5As a long term user it is sad to see that this service has become so poor over the last 5-6yrs. Up to then it was reliable and had helpful & informative community. It is now very unreliable (inaccurate ratings,everything is broken and never repaired just changed for worse) & the community has disappeared off the forum. I think there are 2 forum members left from hundreds.
Developer here always say contact support.mywot.com, but no-one EVER replies, it's all just words to improve image.Hey there, we're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd like to hear more from you on how the extension can be improved.
It is important to mention that WOT is the same extension and service it always was, just with many new upgrades and improvements.
Please contact us directly at support.mywot.com with your feedback and we'll be glad to assist.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15037058 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5I removed the WOT after I paid the fee. This Add-on caused constant crashes of my computer and was slowing down Firefox dramatically. Highly not recommended add-on!!!!!! Do not install it!!!!!Hey there, we're sorry to hear about your experience and we'd like to look into it better. Please contact us directly at support.mywot.com with some more information so we can assist and improve your WOT experience.
- par Lyubava, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Последним обновлением всё испортили...
В подробности вдаваться не буду, всё рано у вас один ответ... всё хорошо, всё так и должно быть.
Решила удалить... к тому же достало принуждение обновится до премиум версии.
Вы такими темпами всех пользователей потеряете, все ваши нововведения только отталкиваю от когда-то отличного расширения.
The last update ruined everything...
I will not go into details, all early on you have one answer... everything is fine, everything is as it should be.
I decided to delete... besides, I got tired of being forced to upgrade to the premium version.
You will lose all users at such a pace, all your innovations only repel from the once excellent expansion.Hey, thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you feel this way. We'd truly appreciate it if you contacted us directly at support.mywot.com and shared with us what is it that you do not like and what can be done to improve the service for you.
- par Juri Müller, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5German:
Habe Wot seit 10 Jahren genutzt, früher war es erstaunlich gut und habe jetzt durch das neue Update den Rücken gekehrt. Ich bereue nichts und bin froh das ich davon weggekommen bin. Die einzige Möglichkeit, die Bewertungen jetzt zu sehen, ist auf der Website. Für mich hat dieses Addon kein nutzen und besuche lieber https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ oder https://www.urlvoid.com/
I've been using Wot for 10 years, it used to be amazingly good and now I've turned my back with the new update. I don't regret anything and I'm glad that I got away from it. The only way to see the reviews now is on the website. This addon has no use for me and I prefer to visit https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ or https://www.urlvoid.com/Hey Juri, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.
WOT is the same extension and service it always was, just with many new upgrades and improvements and we're glad to update you that you can now rate and review websites from the extension pop-up 🙂
- par jarod, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Раніше активно використовував цей додаток, сьогодні планував його встановити і почав шукати, натрапив на опис у Wikipedia:
WOT Services has partnerships with Mail.ru, Facebook, hpHosts, LegitScript, Panda Security, Phishtank, GlobalSign and TRUSTe.
In November 2016, a German state media investigation found that WOT Services had secretly collected personal user details and sold or licensed this information to unidentified third-party businesses and entities for data monetization purposes. This activity breached the privacy rules and guidelines set by several browsers. As a result, the browser add-on was involuntarily removed from Mozilla Firefox's add-on store, and voluntarily removed from other browsers' add-on/extension stores. WOT was eventually reinstated.
On November 1, 2016, German public broadcasting station NDR reported the results of an investigation by in-house journalists, showing that WOT collected, recorded, analyzed and sold user-related data to third parties. The data obtained was traceable to WOT and could be assigned to specific individuals, despite WOT's claim that user data was anonymized. The NDR investigative journalism report was based on freely available sample data, and revealed that sensitive private information of more than 50 users could be retrieved. The information included websites visited, account names and email addresses, potentially revealing user illnesses, sexual preferences and drug consumption. The journalists also reconstructed a media company's confidential revenue data, and details about an ongoing police investigation.
German media contacted WOT Services with the results of the investigation prior to publication of the report. WOT declined to comment on the findings.
Тому ні, дякую, зашкварний додаток я не буду ставити.Hey Jarod, thanks for reaching out.
WOT has taken the necessary steps to make sure we're aligned with all relevant privacy policies, including GDPR and CCPA and the product today is a completely different from the product this article realted to in 2016. If you have any additional concerns, please contact us directly at support.mywot.com and we'll be happy to answer any question.