- Noté 5 sur 5par Phil Em, il y a 3 moisWorks great! It's reassuring to have a nice flag icon in the menu bar to show that the VPN did not silently die. Thanks a lot for this useful extension!
Here's two feature suggestions:
- support custom checker URL, then I can add my own server and check as often as I like
- Is the geoiplookup only performed on IP change, or cached? Just to not run into ratelimiting issues if I had higher poll rates.
- Noté 5 sur 5par circcc, il y a 2 ansPlease add a badge of current country on the icon.
example(from IP Geolocator: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ip-geolocator/): https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/previews/full/235/235319.pngThat's already implemented, just enable the checkbox in the options...
It seems some of the resolution engines are having trouble servicing requests since last time I've checked them though, that will cause some lacking results in the addon. Will try to update the service statuses soon.
- Noté 5 sur 5par MbahDjoe, il y a 2 ansUpdated to the latest version, was broken then need to uninstall and reinstall it again, now it works properly and nicelyThat kind of stuff happens sometimes, not sure why, probably a Firefox issue. Thanks for troubleshooting yourself, and glad you like it :)
Edit: turns out this is indeed a systemic issue, most Firefox users will probably face it. It's essentially caused by a difference between Chrome and Firefox, leading to a mistaken assumption that got into the previous version's code, which creates a compatibility issue in stored data now. The solution is to uninstall and reinstall as MbahDjoe and others have done. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Xylo, il y a 3 ansI've had this for a long time & liked it. With last update the icon ("Last successful results") froze and & all buttons were grayed out. Repeatedly removed and re-added. No joy. Couldn't figure out the problem. Now back to older version.
- Noté 5 sur 5par m1ndh4ck, il y a 5 ansGood extension, almost perfect. How to display the IP address instead of the "eye" icon?
Update: Yes, I went through the settings, and I also know that I can hover over the eye/flag icon the mouse cursor so it will show my IP address in a tool tip.
The best would be if it can show the actual IP there.
Thanks for the quick answer and your time/work!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 ansGlad you like it. Displaying the IP on the button is not possible, but you know you can click on it to open a panel that shows more? The button can display your country flag if you enable it.
- Noté 5 sur 5par LittleMimi, il y a 5 ansI couldn't find a place to contact you. But I'm experiencing problems with freegeoip. It keeps telling me that I change countries. (DK/SE). IP isn't changing and if i go to freegeoip it doesnt say that my location/ip is changed. It always shows the correct country. It seems to be working properly with ifconfig.co.
Love the plugin, great to know when a page is messed up or if it's my ISP.
Also good to see when the VPN kicks in, or if my pc decides to hop onto wifi instead of cable.
10/10 would recommend. Thank you for developing this plugin. :)