- Noté 3 sur 5par jason, il y a un anIt's good, works well, only real complaint is it's a little 'strict' with how precise the gestures have to be. I've used many of these over the years. I use 'up-right-up' to copy a tab, and only with gesturefy do I have to redo that gesture several times before the extension accepts it. It has to be pretty close to 'right angled' turns. Moreso than other apps I've used.
And it's also missing one function that an older extension used to have. To be fair, I'm not sure any of the current ones have it. That's the ability to distinguish 'new tab' and 'open link in new tab' with the same gesture.
I used to have 'up' as create new tab. But when I would do 'up' over a link, it would open that link in the new tab. Cool feature that no one seems to do any more.
Edit to add: I can't find a way to reply to the developer so I guess I'll just do it here and if he sees it he sees it.
I believe I did have the 'combined' matching algorithm selected as that was the default and I wouldn't have changed it since I'm not sure what it does. I'm currently trying out the suggestion to use the "open empty tab" setting but so far it's not working. Tried it with some links off a DDG search. It only opened a new (blank) tab. We'll see.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anWhich matching algorithm are you using? You can check that in the settings page under advanced settings. I suggest using the "combined" matching algorithm.
> And it's also missing one function that an older extension used to have. To be fair, I'm not sure any of the current ones have it. That's the ability to distinguish 'new tab' and 'open link in new tab' with the same gesture.
You can do this by just creating a gesture with the "open link in new tab" command and activating the setting "open empty tab".
- Noté 3 sur 5par pianobadger, il y a 2 ansI've been using Gesturefy for years. It's a great add-on and I appreciate the new features in 3.0, but getting rid of everyone's custom gestures without even giving them some way to view a list of what they were was not great. It is in fact quite annoying.
Also, the option to have the same gesture perform different actions depending on whether or not is it started on a link has been removed, which sucks.
Since I have to rebuilt my gestures from scratch and a useful functionality has been removed, this seems like a great time to see what else is currently available.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 ansIt was not planned that gestures would be lost! Actually, all gestures should be adopted, which worked in our tests and in my case. But for some others apparently not.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14412705 de Firefox, il y a 4 ans̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶P̶L̶E̶A̶S̶E̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶T̶O̶P̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶?̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶
Otherwise great addon, keep up the good work (and start by fixing this issue I just mentioned)You are probably using Firefox sync, so your settings get overwritten from the settings of another device. You can find a related issue here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues/360
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14145784 de Firefox, il y a 4 ans'마우스 오른쪽 버튼을 누른 채 왼쪽 클릭'을 '링크를 전경 탭으로 열기'로 설정한 뒤 링크를 전경 탭으로 열었을 때 마우스 포인터가 손가락 모양으로 고정됩니다. 마우스포인터를 화면 위쪽의 도구 상자나 아래쪽의 작업 표시줄로 옮기면 화살표 모양으로 돌아옵니다.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12166901 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansThis is the best gestures addon I’ve found. Unfortunately, since the last upgrade it frequently fails to recognize gestures that use to always work, and redrawing the failing patterns did not help.
Setting the Deviation tolerance to 0.35 and Distance Threshold to 5 helped pattern recognition, but that makes it interpret everything as a pattern, even some crazy movement that I do to try cancelling the gesture. So I also enabled Activate idle timeout but I haven’t yet gotten use to use to it.
IMHO, 4 directions gestures worked perfectly. If you do the math it offered over 80 possible gestures with 1 to 3 strokes and over 300 with 4 strokes. I can’t think on anyone needing more than that, but maybe 8 directions gesture would have been an interesting middle ground instead of the vector sequence.
I’ll continue to use Gesturefy, it’s still the best I’ve found in it’s kind. I hope I’ll either get use to the new approach or that future versions will better understand me and my mouse.Hey, The first problem is a known limitation and stated in the addon description. Not a single extension will curently work on mozilla.org.
About your second point: If you are missing a prticular feature feel free to request it here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues
- Noté 3 sur 5par Pierre-Adrien Buisson, il y a 4 ansDoes what's expected from a gestures addon, and works really well. It took some time to see new solutions emerge after the new webextension standard was introduced, but gesturefy does an excellent work so far. Thanks for your work!
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13672878 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThis extension lacks some very needed features like when I select different words on webpages then do a gesture a pop-up should open with all my websearch engines or at least 4 or 5 of them that I could add on the settings and then I select the search engine and a new tab would open in the background or foreground with the search, that way I usually search for content on the web with Google, Youtube, Dictionary or other webpages that have search engines on them, it's very easy to search content that way you just select words like complete song names then do a gesture select Youtube and voila the song is found, or select names open Google images and find the person, even on Facebook, Twiter etc.This feature is already planned, unfortunatly it requires some additional API, which is not yet implemented by mozilla. For more information see here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues/99