1 401 notes
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15902071 de Firefox, il y a un an5 stars because the the review is for the extension, not DDG policies. On privacy front, DDG and Startpage still receive an A from most privacy reviews of policies and TOS and that's with very strict guidelines that hold places like Brave, Proton, Mozilla, etc. at B grade. There is also a difference between privacy, security, and censorship. Prime example is Odysee which ranks down with Google, MS, Apple, and others in big tech in terms of their privacy grades yet people associate not censoring with privacy.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Gogbog, il y a un anOne of the best alternative search engines, and criticisms of blacklisting/censorship the past month are to this date unfounded. Just try to do a search for any claimed blacklist sites.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 5460492 de Firefox, il y a un anThis extension does a great job of removing trackers, but it has one annoying problem. All too often, it turns itself off for a site, with an explanation that it's breaking the site. Um, no, it's not, and I turn it back on and everything works fine. I really wish it would let ME decide whether it's breaking the site so that I can turn it off. Please don't turn yourself off!
- Noté 5 sur 5par Maden, il y a un anDuckDuckGo is extremely useful and in my opinion essential when surfing the Web nowadays. I have been using Browser, Extension and Mobile App for the last Year now and it has made me feel safer and more secure when searching for things. Especially useful is the "burn" function for mobile devices, where you can delete all browser data with just one touch. I recommend this browser to anyone that wants to have a normal web experience while still being anonymous for any reason.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17070947 de Firefox, il y a un anI learn something important when i search with ddg but the best part is I trust they know much more then me and they have our backs
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14062513 de Firefox, il y a un anla migliore estensione per la ricerca sull' web
- Noté 5 sur 5par Sans Undertale, il y a un anSo.....It would appear that this is getting reviewed bombed by right-wing cultists that expected this search engine to cater exclusive to Putin's political agenda?
This isn't even the Search Engine. It's a Tracker Blocker built by the DDG team. This extension itself censors NOTHING, and the search engine itself is only "censoring" insofar that it dropped Yandex (Russian Search Engine) from it's regex filter.
"Google Clone"? Lol. Google tracks everything you search and personalizes search results to monetize you and put you in Filter Bubbles. That's DDG's real strength. It doesn't track users, it doesn't filter users, it only monetizes users through Contextual Advertising, and all of this is and was true before and after the Yandex debacle.
It's laughable how ignorant and stupid people who use FIREFOX of all browsers truly are. It's no surprise that Mozilla has been desperately trying to dumb down the browser if users can't even tell the difference between a search engine and a extension.
I don't even use this extension for Tracker blocking. I've been using uBlock ever since the Firefox Android update that blocks free use of extensions (cEnSoRsHiP!?!?!?!). Even so, I still use the search engine, and both the engine and this extension are still excellent ways to preserve privacy.
If ya'll still wanna get pandered by Brave/Yandex/Google, be my guest. I've been using DDG since 2019, and frankly I have no reason to switch.