- par Larry Parker, il y a 22 joursNoté 3 sur 5I have had this Firefox extension enabled for months with no problems. A couple of days ago I found that using Firefox I was no longer able to log into one of my financial accounts that I have had for years. This morning I discovered that after disabling the Duck Duck Go extension I was able to log in again.
- par Bosko Laska, il y a 4 moisNoté 3 sur 5Good add on, tells you how secure a web page is but YOU ALWAYS SAY YOUR PAGE IS THE BEST!!! YOUR JUST SO LAZY THAT YOU SAY THAT YOUR WEBSITE IS THE BEST!!! But still, good add on
- par jres, il y a 8 moisNoté 3 sur 5Love the goal, not the results forced on me when trying to search or enter a website. Needs improvement when a person has to go back to Google to get quality search results.
- par johnk860, il y a 8 moisNoté 3 sur 5Loved it until something changed. Wunderground's weather map blanks out with Privacy Essentials enabled. I see the weather, radar, satillite etc, but no topo or flat map behind it. Its just one app, but the app hasn't been updated that I know of and the problem started a few weeks ago (coincidentally PE was updated 10/21/2020) and I just isolated the effect to enabling PE.
- par John Harris, il y a 9 moisNoté 3 sur 5There is a significant bug in the current version (2020.10.13) that prevents connecting to the internet through captive portal wifi connections while this extension s active, they bring up network errors. That might be part of the intended manner in which the extension functions, but it still results in making the browser unusable in many situations.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12709887 de Firefox, il y a 10 moisNoté 3 sur 5It is very nice for privacy and security, but I there are some pages that either break or won't load because of this addon. I would have given it a better review if all pages worked with this, but as it is now... no can do
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16055212 de Firefox, il y a 10 moisNoté 3 sur 5Gute Suchmaschine, allerdings ist der integrierte Trackerblocker der in diesem Add-on integriert ist schrott. Ich habe mehrere Werbeblocker und einen hat mal 17 gefunden, duckduckgo nur 3, deshalb nur drei seterne, sonst gute Arbeit!
- par CVilleGal, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5This is a perfect example of why I have to continue using google. duckduckgo does a wonderful job protecting my privacy but it does not seem to understand most of my searches which I think are pretty simple.
example: how to mail + zucchini muffins + virginia to arizona
duckduckgo: only got tons and pages of recipes
google: first link was on mailing baked goods, tips, same with five of the first six links.
bing: identical to duckduckgo - literally only recipes
yahoo: identical to duckduckgo and bing (interesting)
yandex: identical to duckduckgo/bing/yahoo
startpage: like duckduckgo privacy but with google results. nice!
- par Anon, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5POSSIBLY SHADY
When one's IP is spoofed to a Chinese address, some search results or websites are completely omitted (e.g. thesaurus.com). This leads me to believe that DDG may be altering search results based on locale.
As a separate issue, DDG supposedly runs on Amazon servers, a US company which is shady on its own regarding tracking.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15498641 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5The extension is definitely a great extension, I just don't see why I should have it since Firefox has its own tracking protection now.