- Rated 1 out of 5by dw5, duela 18 egunnice extension, but breaks XML document tree preview https://twitter.com/0x8616/status/1657756261226520576
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17890838, duela hilabete batMesses with website contents, breaks websites. Lacks options to turn off stupid features.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17883374, duela hilabete batChange default search engine without asking.
Guys, you have to ask permission before you change my settings.
- Rated 1 out of 5by ZFoster, duela 3 hilabeteUninstalling today. DDG is now advertising in email fields as I browse. Nope.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17792587, duela 3 hilabeteLost my trust. Inserting DDG ads into email fields? No way. Whomever made this decision... Horrible move.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13168668, duela 3 hilabeteStarted getting DDG logo on my email fields, totally unacceptable, that was very intrusive, I immediately removed it.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16417987, duela 3 hilabeteI got a DDG ad on an email input box. ABSOLUTELY NOT DDG. Absolutely not... Removing.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17789171, duela 3 hilabeteSpyware, clear and simple. Just another way to sell your info for money. Didn't think DDG was so underhanded, they used to be trustworthy. Deleted.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15026560, duela 4 hilabeteIt stops me accessing my ISP e-mail account with Sky UK (Yahoo). Causes an error 289
- Rated 1 out of 5by DuskTheUmbreon, duela 5 hilabeteThis is NOT a privacy extension. It is ANTI-PRIVACY. https://thenextweb.com/news/duckduckgo-microsoft-tracking-sparks-backlash
EDIT: Developers responded to this review. They cite something that pretends to "prove" they're pro-privacy, despite the fact that DDG illegally sold data to microsoft.
Developer responseposted duela 4 hilabeteHi, we're doing more to prevent Microsoft tracking than most major browsers by default: https://spreadprivacy.com/more-privacy-and-transparency/
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mark B, duela 5 hilabeteBreaks YouTube Music. When playing a Track in a Playlist, the Media Controls at the bottom of the page (replay, play/pause, skip, thumbnail image, thumbs-up, thumbs-down, menu, etc) are GONE. There's just a big, dark-gray area where the Media Controls should be. Disable this extension, refresh the page, and the Media Controls are there.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17695244, duela 5 hilabeteBreaks Google Drive details pane even with protections disabled. Uninstalling DuckDuckGo add-on allows the details pane to load.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Publius Maximus, duela 7 hilabeteDDG has never been able to secure my trust. I am an IT professional who has rigorously tested dozens of search engines. My five favorites are: Brave, MetaGer, Mojeek, Qwant, and Swisscows -- none of which are hosted in the USA. DDG is nearly as insecure as Google or BIng.
DDG's lack of transparency in operating policies, blocking trackers, yet allowing some trackers (anonymous or not) without clearly informing users destroys trust and credibility.
If you read the entire DDG policies, you will discover that they pass data to affiliates eBay and Amazon.
Developer responseposted duela 4 hilabeteHi, we have a help page that explains our web tracking protection in detail. If you're interested, you can check it out here: https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/privacy/web-tracking-protections/ Also, many of our products are open source so you can look into them for yourself.
- Rated 1 out of 5by wkothlow, duela 7 hilabeteI was an avid user of DuckDuckGo until now. Today, October 25, 2022, DuckDuckGo started hanging when I tried doing internet searches. The page connections always timed out. I removed the add-on, then searched with Google, no problem, successful search. Actually went so far as to refresh Firefox (most current version 106.0.1) which meant losing all my other add-ons. DuckDuckGo search engine failed (timed out); Google search engine worked fine. If this is ever remedied I'll use this search engine again. Until then, Google has my business.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17596745, duela 8 hilabeteI had to delete this add-on because I was having a lot of problems opening up certain web pages. The pages would open fine using Safari. Firefox works much better without this add-on installed.