- Rated 2 out of 5by TELLALL4ALL, duela 4 egungood at blocking all intrusive site cracker/hacker/tracking/iding scripts.
Many pages will not allow it's use and will not load. It's x-scripting alerts frequently freeze your browser and/or laptop such that you can't respond to them and you have to terminate the browser and start over-a real PITA. Fix the x-script and other alert problem, it would then be much better.
- Rated 2 out of 5by JR on the road, duela 4 hilabeteUsed to work great, but now loses the site configurations (trusted or not) after every session.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Snake, duela 6 hilabeteSTILL BROKEN. Have same issue on multiple computers - NS fails to display all blocked elements meaning that you can't UNBLOCK them, meaning that pages won't render. Developer passes buck, denying issue. Again, same experience on MULTIPLE computers for a LONG time now, ever since FF's design requirements mod.
Has been broken for a LONG time, pretty much since the new FF add-on design requirements. I use it on 2 different Win10 computers, both running the most up-to-date version of FF and NS (now FF 105 and NS 11.4.11) and both computers have the same issues: on many websites NS fails to show the correct number of scripts being blocked. This means that you can't *unblock* them, because they never show up on the list. You hit the 'Temp Allow All' button and NS shows a number still blocked, say 4, but the list does not actually show the 4 still blocked. This means that many websites are unusable because NS keeps some / many of the blocks off the list and you can't override that unless you Disable Restrictions Globally, and even then sometimes it doesn't work (see https://www.rideapart.com/news/609878/moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-pricing/ as a test).
Never has been fixed, for many months now. Seemed to have actually gotten worse these past 2 months, many websites aren't usable now.
Developer responseposted duela 6 hilabeteNot a NoScript problem: on that site I had to
2. Disable uBlock for the page, otherwise some essential scripts could not be loaded or even shown because were preemptively filtered by uBlock.
If you've got other situations like this please try disabling other extensions (such as uBlock) and report in the proper bug tracker, thanks: https://github.com/hackademix/noscript/issues/
- Rated 2 out of 5by thunder_dream, duela 8 hilabeteI use to love this extension but it's gotten to where it blocks everything. Even when I return to a previously viewed site it still blocks them. These include secure medical sites. I've used this extension for years, and I am having to remove it. I wish it was a little less extreme than it has become.
Developer responseposted duela 8 hilabeteHi, nothing has changed about what's blocked and what not: you decide which sites should be fully functional by setting them to TRUSTED.
Either somehow your previous settings have been erased (a botched Firefox update or a "privacy" software deleting more browser data than it should) or something changed in the dependencies of the sites which stopped working, and some other "new" script source needs to be allowed.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Markus, duela urte batI am using this extension for 10 years now. The change to a new UI from version 5 to 10 took getting used to, but I was able to get comfortable with it. This was manly due to the different color coding for different settings. But with the latest UI of version 11.4, the different settings look very similar now. Furthermore, the dialog box is now much bigger and looks very clunky.
What I do not understand is that there is no fall-back option to switch back to the previous UI. In my opinion this was not a well-considered decision.
Developer responseposted duela urte bat1. Upgrade to 11.4.1
2. Revert to the Vintage Blue style in NoScript Options>Appearance
- Rated 2 out of 5by || BeeBee ||, duela urte batI was so very happy using the previous version (5 star in my point of view), but latest resets itself every time I close Firefox rendering it undesired/not-needed on my pc's. I have to do every script acceptance over and over for every site I'm visiting ... so no good worth max 2 stars.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13036312, duela 4 urteThis add on does its job but it has one major flaw, in that it will regularly forget its settings, especially if you install FireFox on a new computer and it links back to your older set ups.
It often forgets that I have allowed sites access and blocks things randomly.. It is very frustrating at times. I like it, I will keep using it (for now) but if it keeps forgetting settings and I have to remind it to unblock sites regularly going forward, I am going to drop this.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12944590, duela 5 urteLa nuova interfaccia è inutilizzabile, domini e sottodomini mischiati in una unica lista illeggibile (ci sono siti con 30-40 elementi da rivedere), segnalazioni di elementi bloccati anche se tutti i domini top level sono autorizzati trusted senza esclusione di elementi, insomma una gran confusione.
Inoltre inutile postare link a FAQ e forum come risposta alle recensioni critiche. Una estensione del genere deve essere immediatamente comprensibile e utilizzabile come infatti lo era la precedente interfaccia, se non lo è non è colpa degli utenti. Come dir, ambasciator non porta pena :) Auguri e complimenti comunque per l'ottimo lavoro in tutti questi anni.