- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17908142, 7 kuud tagasiActually, when this works, it is quite good, however there is a conflict with the Simple Tab Groups extension, and both it, and STG run very slowly. As you go into old tabs, open new windows/tabs etc whatever is going wrong seems to force STG to restart/reload??. Since STG is very essential to my work flow, Keeper had to go.
- Rated 2 out of 5by akrieger, 9 kuud tagasiTechnically can work, but frequently either bugs out (clicking the button doesn't open a window at all), and really slows the browser down. Had issues where tabs or network requests would hang for 10-30s at a time, and couldn't figure out where the slowdown was coming from. Finally profiled Firefox enough to see lots of 'jank' in the WebExtensions process, so I just tried disabling Keeper and boom, problems resolved.
- Rated 2 out of 5by S1lenceIsG0ldEn, 2 aastat tagasiMay 26 '22 UPDATE: On the plus side: my PC doesn't freeze anymore. So, the extremely bad outcome from the March update has been changed back to just an unusable state again, like it was before that update. Same procedure as last time: was jubilant at the prospect of an update - applied it, it worked for about 3 hours (yay!), then the dreaded conflict with Google docs + mail appeared again: they go offline and keep trying to reconnect. Who knows why. (Really: who knows??) I have to use G for work; it's sadly not a choice, as I despise the company and its products. Oh irony: this add-on works together perfectly with GDocs + GMail in a Chromium browser.
UPDATE: My hopes that the recent, March '22, update would fix things have sadly turned out to be utterly wrong. It has gotten worse. I reproduced it now **4** times, all with the same outcome: now, instead of only Google docs getting extreeeeemmmly slow and constantly dis- + re-connecting my system absolutely freezes. As in nothing works anymore, I can't even get to Alt+F2 xkill and have to push my PC's reboot button.
On the plus side: as soon as I turn the add-on off again, it feels like I have a super-speedy, new PC!
When it works, it's great! I need it for work, but sadly, updates during the past year started to conflict with Google Docs. For my work, I need to have several google docs open at the same time -- and whenever this add-on is enabled, those are in a constant "(trying to) re-connect" loop. And my CPU usage is through the roof (showing that an add-on is using significant resources, not a webpage, so for once it's not Google's fault. For the record: I hate Google docs with it's insatiable hunger for RAM!) I only realized after extensive trial and error that it's this add-on's fault. As soon as I turn it off, everything works fine again. Every update gives me hope, only to be squashed again after a few minutes of working fine.
I'm on latest Firefox ESR, Linux Mint 19.3.
- Rated 2 out of 5by tsukkee-stmk, 2 aastat tagasiThis addon makes other addons which provide another tab view on sidebar, for examples Tree Style Tab, Sidebery, Tree Tabs etc. very SLOW. When I disabled it (without uninstall), the other addons works much faster. I assume that the addon handle some tab related event and do some heavy task on it. I hope they improve this behavior. If it won't hinder other addons, it would be so useful for me. Thank you.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17158325, 2 aastat tagasiIst OK jedoch muss man alle paar Minuten das Passwort wieder eingeben. Das stress mega. Solang ich am Rechner bin, soll der eingelogt bleiben. Über die Desktop App kann man nicht direkt zugreifen und muss sich auch wieder einlogen.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17032462, 2 aastat tagasiA recent update introduced a nagging screen when you're not logged in ("Please login by clicking the icon in the toolbar"). I don't want to login every time, I only want to login when I need to use it!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ariane Bouchard, 3 aastat tagasiConsistent with the rest of the Keeper experience. "It works, but..." is the best way I can describe it.
User experience is pretty terrible. It works with little icons in the text fields, but the pop-up that tells you to log in comes from the extension icon. Click the extension icon, however, and you're greeted by... settings. No logins there. Why they didn't just simplify everyone's life by putting everything into the icon is beyond me.
But logging in TO KEEPER happens in the icon. So logging into a site often requires you to juggle between the icon in the top right and the icons on the fields. That's assuming the icons work though, because leaving your browser unattended for a long time could cause it all to stop working and require a browser restart.
They recently changed the interface. Now you've got to click a couple more times, because they put the email address, password and 2FA on different pages. Terrible idea.
Logging into the extension and the app are entirely different processes. You need to log into both separately. The app has Windows Hello, but the extension doesn't.
The extension settings' interface is just plain weird, with green-on-blue dots indicating things that are turned on (accessibility anyone?), yet those "toggles" don't really do anything. They bring you to another page where you can check the setting. Why?
Also the desktop app by default adds global keyboard shortcuts that could very well break functionality in other programs.
And with today's update (early May 2021), they broke the thing completely. Can't type my password beyond a few characters, and even if I paste my password in, can't log in. Normally I'm pretty tolerant of bugs, but from a product that feels unpolished all around, it's harder to forgive.
Having tried LastPass (not great but still better than Keeper), 1Password (great on Mac at least; didn't try other platforms) and Bitwarden (great on most platforms; slight issues on Android), Keeper is the worst password manager yet. It just doesn't feel polished. I'm regretful that my employer picked this one.
- Rated 2 out of 5by lsegafre, 3 aastat tagasiIt was working perfectly but in last last few days the Keeper session is dropped after few minutes forcing me to log in every 15 or 20 minutes.
I have the same problem in Firefox and Chrome, both on the latest update
- Rated 2 out of 5by JD, 3 aastat tagasiI've been using Keeper for a long time. The new interface is great but this new release is full of bugs and usable. This is seriously concerning given the fact that the one job the extension has of filling in passwords is no longer possible. This should be pulled from production, fixed, actually tested, and re-released.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Cem, 3 aastat tagasiFirstly app is good, it works, but biggest scam I have seen for a long time. You can't use browser extension, you can't login into web app IF YOU ARE NOT PAYING after trial. This should be very clearly stated to the user at the beginning. "YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO EXPORT PASSWORDS" after your trial.