- Se valoró con 3 de 5por buergi, el hace un añoUsability wise quite complicated, this add-on mixes the concepts of tabs and bookmarks, which as such is an interesting idea, as most people use tabs as a kind of bookmark.
However, my greatest problems with the add-ons are
a) usability (I just don't understand when a tab is just hidden, when it is closed and re-opened from bookmark)
b) performance (unstashing re-opens tabs one by one which can easily take 20s for lots of tabs)
c) loss of history (actually the tab is not stashed, only the open URL)
The loss of history is my biggest problem which finally caused be to uninstall the add-on. A tab is often worthless without its history.Thanks for the feedback!
Regarding usability, you can tell if a tab is open or not based on its color—open tabs have blue text.
Regarding performance, restoring tabs one by one is actually a safety measure that was added to Tab Stash recently, as it's possible to lock up your entire computer if too many tabs are opened at once. But this is something I'm looking to fine-tune in the future.
Regarding saving of tab history, unfortunately this is not compatible with saving tabs as bookmarks (and thus syncing them between computers), since bookmarks can only contain a single URL. Tab Stash tries to work around this limitation by hiding (instead of closing) tabs by default, but this obviously doesn't preserve history when syncing between computers, nor if you close all your open windows.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Talwick, el hace un añoI really like this extension. The ability to - at a key combination - quickly stash what I'm working on for later, grouped by each event/date, is really clever! I like how it works through the bookmarks rather than trying to be a whole new system.
Sadly Firefox occasionally freezes while it is active (even though I am not doing anything with it) to such a degree that even Windows Explorer can freeze or restart (task manager can't open) and this is on a reasonably powerful gaming laptop.
EDIT: I've reinstalled this extension and everything seems to be fine after a few days. Perhaps I had installed something else at the time causing the freezing. Thanks again Josh for this great extension!Thanks for the review and sorry to hear about the freezing—it's highly unusual/unlikely that Tab Stash would cause your whole computer to freeze periodically, but I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you further.
Please feel free to open an issue on GitHub if you'd like me to look into it! The more detail you can share about your setup, when the freezes happen, how long they last, etc. the better.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por mercc, el hace un añoI wish there was a confirmation before closing tabs. I accidentally closed my 100+ tabs I was hoping to organize with a misclick, and was unable to restore them. I will not be using this add-on in future.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Rando, el hace un añoGreat addon. Coming from Safari I missed the tab groups and after trying out a few addons, this one seems to be the best. It's the only one which syncs between devices, even to iOS devices as they are saved as bookmarks. Nice work!
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17589070, el hace un añoSorry Josh, I really wanted to make this work, but just 'don't get it'. If you could offer a better User Guide I might be able to understand, but as it is 9.30.22 I can't get the hang of it.
I have a load of tabs open, and want to sort them into different groups of interest, but couldn't find any instructions that helped me get the overview.
I'm sure it's really good, but not without a decent User Guide, TY.Sorry to hear you had trouble figuring it out, but thanks anyway for giving it a try and for letting me know!
I do try to make Tab Stash usable even without a user guide, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on where you got stuck. I'll keep your suggestion about a user guide in mind, and I'm always looking for ways to make it easier to use Tab Stash. I hope that after I've had some time to improve things, you'll give it another try!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Lostin, el hace un añoI love Tab Stash!!! The grouping is insanely useful when I'm working on a research-based project for uni. The vertical sidebar makes the names of tabs readable, eliminating the need to jump between tabs trying to find a specific one when you have too many. I love that I can rename groups and tabs, and collapse groups and the sidebar. You don't even need to stash your tabs to use tab stash as your tab manager! This is way better than the built-in tab and bookmark managers. I've moved all of my bookmarks over to stashed tabs-- it allows me to see them way easier, keep them grouped, and access them quickly and easily. Reorganizing your stashed tabs takes only a quick second to click and drag, and closing or opening a large number of tabs is simple, easy, fast! I love Tab Stash. I do everything in Firefox instead of Chrome just because of Tab Stash. I tell all my friends to use Tab Stash. I keep it open in my sidebar incessantly when I need to manage a number of tabs. Tab Stash FTW!!!!Thanks, I'm really happy to hear how well Tab Stash is working for you! Reading your review brought a smile to my face. :)
I hope you continue to enjoy it, and if you ever have any trouble, please feel free to reach out to me on GitHub!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Michael Bamford, el hace un añoWorks flawlessly to manage open tabs, and ingeniously uses existing Bookmarks functionality to stash open tabs. It is the Open Tabs manager that for years I've been searching for.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Jeffrey Baker, el hace un añoI really like the app, however it is using up way to much memory, and this is on a high spec MBP that's less than a year old. As soon as I disable the extension, everything goes back to normal.