- Rated 5 out of 5by anon user777, 2 years agoHey folks, I just updated firefox to v96.0.3 and now YouTube Video and Audio Downloader is working again. I have version 1.1.8 Hurray!!! I have "Allow Automatic Updates" set to "On," so it might have automatically downgraded to an earlier version, but it still says 1.1.8 in my extension panel.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Diagon Alleycat, 2 years agoTO FIX THE PROBLEM, I went back to version 1.1.6 which also uses the older detection algorithm and that works great for me (five stars great). Other users may want to do the same until the bugs are worked out of the latest release. On the options page for this extension, I set "Allow automatic updates" to OFF since I don't want 1.1.6 to be replaced by that buggy new version. Once the bugs are fixed, I'll set it back to the Default value again.
The older 1.1.6 version was obtained by going to the bottom left side of the Firefox Add-On page for this extension. You see a clickable link to See All Versions.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Brian, 2 years ago*EDIT
This is still the best app for downloading videos from Youtube!! It did not work for a while but I want to thank the author for his hard work making it work again!! You are the man!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Fuzzy TheBear, 2 years agoNow 1.1.8 is off the available versions and i can confirm 220.127.116.11 with Firefox 96.0.2 Linux Mint all is now working hunky doory doo :) Thanks Feller .. now i can once again put a 5* on this great extension. Thank you.
- Rated 5 out of 5by TA, 2 years ago--- January 27, 2022 ---
The problem that the screen freezes when the download panel is displayed is occurring again.
At this time, the only solution to this problem is to revert to version 1.6 or earlier.
The download speed will be greatly reduced, but let's accept it as it can't be helped now.
--- January 21, 2022 ---
The button under the player is hidden again, but it is possible to call the download panel from the button in the toolbar of the browser.
If the download panel doesn't finish loading, lowering the version to 18.104.22.168 may help.
By the way, the download speed issue has also been resolved since 22.214.171.124.
(The above is a translation of Japanese into English using Google Translate.)