- by Mangraviti, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5This extension does what it promises and more. It allows you to change how the description is presented, disable annotations and more.
But it has a very, very annoying but when loading YouTube's homepage. It often goes on an infinite loop, reloading the page and making it unusable. This bug is new and I had to uninstall the extension and try something else. Fix the bug and I will give you fivev stars.
- by Firefox user 10445644, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Doesn't adjust quality on 60fps videos properly. I've set it to HD 1080p, but it just defaults to youtube's setting 720p60.
So that's about 50% of new videos on Youtube now.
- by Firefox user 12987710, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Fr. => Dommage, très dommage... j'utilisais cette extension avec bonheur depuis plus de 2 ans et jusqu'à la v.52 de Firefox.
Je viens de faire (enfin) la mise à jour de Firefox (v.60) et Youtube High Definition ne fonctionne plus normalement (après avoir vérifié sa dernière mise à jour) d'où les 2 étoiles seulement !...
Il bloque la lecture des vidéos même en cliquant sur la fenêtre de la vidéo ou bien sur le bouton de lecture.
De plus, certaines options que j'avais déjà paramétrées ont disparues, donc impossible d'utiliser Youtube !
Ce n'est qu'en le désactivant que je peux lire les vidéos normalement.
Je viens d'installer (hélas) une autre extension qui comporte aussi beaucoup d'options et qui a l'air de très bien fonctionner.
Merci au développeur de faire une mise à jour urgente !...
Eng. => Too bad, very bad ... I used this extension with happiness for over 2 years and up to the v.52 of Firefox.
I just made (finally) the update of Firefox (v.60) and Youtube High Definition does not work normally (after checking its last update) where the 2 stars only! ...
It blocks the playback of videos even by clicking on the video window or the play button.
In addition, some options that I already set have disappeared, so impossible to use Youtube!
Only by disabling it can I play the videos normally.
I just installed (alas) another extension that also has many options and seems to work very well.
Thanks to the developer for an urgent update! ...
- by ovidiuav, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Won't save settings anymore and also has some UI issues (I have to scroll right to change some settings, but there is no obvious way to scroll; managed to scroll by clicking on my mouse wheel and moving the mouse sideways).
- by Firefox user 13966153, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Player size and annotation disable works, VIDEO QUALITY SETTINGS DO NOT. Change the name from "YouTube High Definition" to "this app doens't set YT quality, so don't bother".
- by magiccoupons, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 52 things: seems to stop playback on YouTube completely for me now. So had to disable. And also, can't find the options menu to set default resolution, default video size, like I could pre Quantum. Sad ;(
- by Aerius, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Used to work well, but now videos get set to "auto" quality no matter what I tell the add-on to do. Which always look terrible because YouTube thinks my Internet is worse than it is. Seems I'm looking for an alternative!
- by sixtie, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Excellent set of features that target some of YouTube's main annoyances, but multiple of these stopped working reliably some months ago at which point I ceased using the add-on. Sadly, this still seems to be the case while trying it again today - auto pause prevents videos from playing at all, suggested video autoplay doesn't get toggled off, the video window often doesn't expand, and annotations don't switch off.
- by smaddeus, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I can't tell if it works anymore or not. After using for years, and mostly ignoring problems since most of the part it works, or partially works, it still doesn't really work, but I want it to work fully, and I do not use other add-on's it could conflict with, so why it's not simply working? Having 720p video's instead of 1080p when video can do that. Sometimes doesn't open the video on the largest size, rarely, but it happens. And then there is autoplay, which doesn't work most of the part.
- by Mr Soda, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5I want to select 360p as the default quality on Android but the options below 720p just say Large, Medium, Small, Tiny & Default. Which means what & can you change it to be specific? I'm just trying to save on data while still being watchable.