- Rated 3 out of 5by Ite Ego, 7 months agoWhen I first started using the extension 2 years back, everything was great.
Around late last year, after some update, pressing Play now causes the extension to show the Loading symbol indefinitely. There is no audio playback at all -- until you disable and re-enable the extension. Then everything works until the next time the device hibernates or sleeps. This happens everytime unfailingly.
I reverted to the old version months back and have been using that since, for months, disabling upgrades.
Yesterday, I tried again to upgrade and see if the bug had been fixed but it hasn't. I'll be needing to go back to the old version again, unable to take advantage of the new er features :(
I'm using the very latest Firefox on Windows.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13449139, a year agoWorks great but pegs "coreaudiod" on Mac at 10% whenever FF is on and in the background without playing anything. Tolerable on a desktop but a warning to those on Macbooks
- Rated 3 out of 5by Sergolub, a year agoOne of my favorite extension. The last update was awful. At first, useless equalizer have appeared. Secondly, extension frequently does not start. Often Firefox restart helps, but the last time it refused to start at all. Previous version works stable. Having reinstalled the extension I switched off automatic update.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ab2Rahman, a year agoHi. "Radio Javan", "AVA Radio", "BBC Persian" and "IRIB" channels not work! Please fix them. Thank you.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16869789, 2 years agoGood but can't play BBC or a lot of South African radio stations.
Also scrolling broken
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16847676, 2 years agoDommage que la traduction en français ne soit pas incluse et que des radios manquent.
- Rated 3 out of 5by calculon, 2 years agoК сожалению, нет возможности выбирать радиостанции по жанрам. (Unfortunately, there is no way to choose radio stations by genre)
- Rated 3 out of 5by TELLALL4ALL, 2 years ago3-17-23: The best radio addon I've checked lately. Still needs improvement in speed of connection and ability to weed out non-responsive stations. Still requires occasional removal and reinstall to get it to work, but not nearly as often as a year ago or so. Privacy concerns. Many stations block connections by country, need to add a proxy feature to route through a proxy IP. Need to be able to save settings across reinstalls rather than make a user keep setting them over and over.
- Rated 3 out of 5by HonestReviews, 2 years ago11-25-22 noticeable improvement in it's ability to connect to stations and keep the connection even with no cookies. That's good and welcomed upped on star hope it lasts.
10-2-22 same ol same ol-have to remove and reinstall to get it to work. Junk. No good radio addons available. WHen it does work, slow as a frozen turd in the Antaractic. I guess these addon developers must view addons as something they can practice their crap programming skills on? Stations deny connection at their whim and you can do nothing except reinstall or change browsers. Why list a station that is totally unreliable? Sound quality sucks. Drops connections if your computer goes to sleep and when u wake it up cannot connect. Most likely deep spyware does ot good to use a vpn, they have your home Ip to do with what they want.
9-2-22: still SLOWWW to LOAD, SERVER response is SLOW and clunky. Still have problem keeping connections and blocking of the stations such as their station list can be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe if they're in the mood you can connect, otherwise not. Have to remove and reinstall to connect often. Puts a tracking cookie on your machine that is not even needed to connect and then leaves it there. Smells like spyware to me.
8-1-22: has gotten better in last couple months at making connections to stations it lists, but still there are a few stations that are blocking it even tho listed. Developer offers no help in changing settings ore what to do about popular stations that are simply BLOCKING this program from connecting, regardless of IP or browser. Sometimes works to remove and reinstall, but not always. Why list stations that you cannot connect to, wasting peoples' time and getting them po'd?
6-25-22: Would be nice if there was software that just doesn't try to track and id you and WORKS. Such is not the case with either ffox OR worldwideradio. Constantly have to reinstall it because it cannot connect to stations you previously connected to. Extremely slow to load filled with junk you don't need. Why list so many stations when half of them don't accept connections? The developer is trying to do everything at once and can't concentrate on doing a few things WELL. Slow to respond to gui a pita to use this. Unfortunately there ARE NOT good radio listening addons, I don't care WHAT Mozilla recommends. Half of their "recommendations" suck.
1-13-22: Doesn't work well on slower connections or laptops. Extremely slow to load up. Earlier version was actually better, this one is not an improvement despite fancy graphics that just slow things up. Garbled feed, cuts out frequently, consumes too much bandwidth for proper operation. There are NO good radio addons that I have found for ffox. Some work better on chrome, but chrome is hacked by google/spyware. Go back to earlier version unless you just want users with the fastest net connections and latest hardware. Takes like 30secs to a minute to load the program, too long. A pain in the butt to use it.
update 12-11-21: developer new version. Extremely hard to install, very slow to load and acts like frozen program not working. cuts out frequently and garbled music. if like old version u cannot access with foreign IP vpn, has to be USA or similar. Not sure this is an improvement, too slow to load and difficult running it, many connection breaks requiring restart.
update 6-23-21: still flaky and unreliable and cannot keep connections.
update: 6-10-21: slow to load interface. slow searching. uses cookie to track you and keep the connection and does not identify the cookie so when you clear the cookies you lose the connection.
Flaky as hell. Frequent disconnects. many stations do not work-apparently they don't make an effort to find good stations that are stable. Found a much better addon that does the samething and not using this one much.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16632915, 2 years agoToday 28.04.2021I repeat what I in March 2021 wrote: I miss the belgian radio Klara continuo.
Today 11. March 2021On March I actualise my demand:
Please add the following Radio: Klara continuo. Not only the radio KLARA; but also KLARA CONTINUO, it ist a different radio as Klara. Klara CONTINUO sends without interruption classic music. It is a public station, a Flemish national broadcast. See at Wikipedia for more information. greetings from Germany.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Horst, 2 years agoViel CPU-Last von zusätzlich 4-7% auf ein/zwei Cores ( =20-30% Last, Intel i5-7400T 4-Core).
Im Vergleich zu einem eigenständigen Programm wie Radiosure (<1%) viel.
Ist dafür aber sehr einfach zu bedienen, eigene Stationen hinzufügen ist auch möglich.
- Rated 3 out of 5by zbluebugz, 2 years agoWorks well if it responds quickly (often slow to show the display panel). Plays about 50% of the listed channels.