- Rated 1 out of 5by Danny Champ, 3 months agoThere may well be a private folder, hidden behind a password on my PC. However, on my linked phone and tablet, the sites are visible, WITH NO PASSWORD!! For anyone to see!!
I urge you not to use this addon
- Rated 1 out of 5by someone, 8 months agomy bookmarks got deleted for some reason... I have not used my bookmarks for a long time. Now that i wanted to use them they are all gone. Thank you very much...
- Rated 1 out of 5by HydrasWorld, 9 months agoBACKUP YOUR BOOKMARKS! I installed this, moved bookmarks into the private bookmarks area, then locked it. Came back the next day and unlocked it only to find all the private bookmarks EMPTY!
I had a backup, but if I hadn't all my private bookmarks would have been lost!
I use Firefox sync, and I read the description before installing and using it too.
The github issue tracker is full of issues and bugs. My advice, avoid, look elsewhere.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Panical, a year agoWas amazing but password no longer works! Edit: Lost my password AGAIN ~2 weeks later with my new bookmarks this is stupid! For some reason this time it seems to be because my previous password was under 8 characters, now it's asking for over 8 for some reason. Please fix this atrocity. It also asks for a number now. It's local you morons
- Rated 1 out of 5by katey1801, a year agoI have either forgotten my password or it is no longer working. Needs to add some kind of password recovery system. Why not let it have email as a means of recovery?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13502344, 2 years agoDoes not work! Puts the bookmarks outside the private folder! Stupid min. password length (this is local, so put user in charge of how many chars their password is.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Poppy, 2 years agoThe issue is that there's often a lag between opening Firefox and the extension loading, so for a few moments the private folder (and sometimes its content) is visible in Firefox's bookmarks sidebar, rendering the extension practically useless.
- Rated 1 out of 5by felis, 2 years agoDoesn't work on Firefox Developer 91.0b8. I checked the github page to submit an issue, but it seems like the project is dead and the developer is no longer responding to issues... I don't think this should have the "Recommended" tag as it's no longer being maintained.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12943838, 2 years agochanged password without user confirmation, lost data. backup bookmarks or they will be lost. doesnt actually work after a while. 5star reviewers lie or gave 5 stars too early.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Tom, 3 years agoAfter a Firefox update, my password doesn't work anymore. It seems this happened to other people too. The addon hasn't been updated in two years so I don't recommend using it. If you do use it you should regulary export your private bookmarks as plain text file