- Rated 2 out of 5by MrAureliusR, 3 years agoThis extension is SO useful that I've put up with the awful automatic page-down detection for ages. But it's just gotten worse and worse. It doesn't even wait for the server to respond before redirecting to the page not available prompt!
I can see that this is the number one most complained about feature -- all you need to do is add a toggle so that we can disable the automatic redirects. That's it! If I could have this extension without the automatic redirects I would instantly give it five stars. I love archive.org and the Wayback Machine but this extension needs some love!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Muctar Diaoune, 3 years agoLove the app! Really helps me view pages that aren't available anymore. One problem though: Using the app with multiple windows will open tabs in the first opened window, not the current one.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Stardust, 3 years agoI absolutely love internet archive and wayback machine, and I wanted so much to love this extension.
But unfortunately it keeps giving me a crazy amount of fake positive unavailable webpages sometimes before it even tries to load, ruining my navigation in almost every session.
So why not just turn down the option of automatic detection and replacement of these pages and just keep the other great functionnalities ?
Because you just can't, you also cannot just reload the current page you were trying to reach when the extension find a fake positive, you re just stuck.
So uninstallation is the only way to go.
As long as this extension is not fixed and give absolutely no option to turn down the messy automatic error detection, stay away from this extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13460059, 3 years agoGreat and horrible addon. Horrible because the dead page detection has been nothing but false positives for the months I have used it. Great because everything else works as well as one could hope for. The dead page detection really is bad enough to make me uninstall an otherwise 5 star addon because it makes the overall browser much much worse. It would be a solid 5 if that detection had never been built in.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Pr0phet of Fear, 3 years agoThe functionality to archive and look up archived pages with this extension is great, but it need the option to disable the automatic detection. It is a false positive 99.9% of the time, and it stops the page from loading properly.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Edgar Onghena, 3 years agoGreat extension, but it *very often* replaces 100% functioning web pages with its annoying "Page not available" dialog box. I usually reload the page to fix this but I don't even understand how it's possible to mess up reading an HTTP status code... An less intrusive solution would be to show a banner.
- Rated 3 out of 5by asdkofoaweifiwae, 3 years agoPlease stop eating functional webpages!!!
This is a very useful utility but honestly #1 priority needs to allow me to disable the extension's automatic fetching utility where it straight up kills a perfectly healthy page for no reason.
For instance, I only use this page for the saving function.
This happens on an exceptionally regular basis.
- Rated 4 out of 5by pelle, 3 years agoIt's good but sometimes has false positives and thinks that a website is down when it isn't. In those cases there's no way around than to disable the extension. I wish they'd fix that.
But it's absolutely brilliant work the Internet Archive team are doing.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12632062, 3 years ago@treesap - thanks for the link to github wayback-machine-webextension 3.0. Me too had problems with the 1.8.6. version here. Did you manage to install the github webextension lasting longer than just temporarily? I failed. Every time I reopen my Waterfox (version G-3) the extension is gone.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 100yenman, 3 years agoポップアップページがやや不快だが、ウェブサイトを手軽にセーブできる点は本当に優れている。
- Rated 3 out of 5by treesap, 3 years agoInstall this from the official GitHub repository, unless you want a buggy 3 years old release. The newer version has an improved UI, bugfixes, and more features. 5-stars for that version!
Old review (for this version): Super useful tool, but BADLY needs a bugfix. I basically have to keep this disabled until the times that I need it due to a significant bug that has been there for the 1+ year I've used it.
The issue is that sometimes the "Page not available" page is displayed for pages that are absolutely available! And the extension is very persistent--after this bug hits, the only way to view the live version of the webpage is to manually navigate to it (i.e. copy and re-paste the portion of the URL that contains the page I'm trying to visit—minus all the archive.org stuff.)
I periodically re-enable the extension to see if the problem is fixed, but no luck for the past 1+ years.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Patrice, 3 years agoVisiblement ils ne regardent pas les critiques et ne corrigent pas leur extension depuis 3 ans : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/wayback-machine_new/reviews/?score=1
Comme dit plus bas : I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely.