- Rated 2 out of 5by William , 3 years agoI love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely :-(
- Rated 5 out of 5by ComicRaft7, 3 years agoReally good, if site is not available but is saved, a pop-up appears asking if you want the saved version with a button to the link.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Andrew, 3 years agoFrequent false positives, obstructing access to working websites.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16376297, 3 years agoIt does what it is supposed to do, but also does it WHEN it is NOT supposed to. It is often triggered when my (overloaded) browser takes a bit longer to render a page, which is VERY annoying. What makes it worse, sometimes pages REALLY timeout if the server is down and this extension doesn't react to that. The additional minus point is the lack of any configuration options to, say increase the timeout or completely disable that "feature". Besides that, it would be nice to have it work from the context menu on links so the target pages could be instantly looked up on the Wayback Machine. All being said, I don't have much hope any of this will be fixed as I've seen many people have complained about the same problem and nothing has happened...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13797098, 3 years agoNo option to modify how the app functions -- only enable/disable. Pops up MUCH too often, and seldom for the pages that I actually want to check the archive.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13452434, 3 years agoVery intrusive. Sometimes replaces entire webpage before it gets time to load.
It says it detects _annoying_ 404 pages and ironically itself is very annoying.
- Rated 3 out of 5by ergonomic-cat, 3 years agoActs too aggressive, often falsely, replaces the whole page instead of showing a popup or something unintrusive.
- Rated 2 out of 5by TpmKranz, 3 years agoThe “Page not available?” site opens even for some sites that work perfectly fine and prevents visiting these sites completely and this feature can't be disabled in favor of only manually visiting a site's archive.
Also the context menu entry only works for the current page, even if you right-clicked a link. I would've expected to be taken to the archive of the site the link leads to, but that could just be me.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15790117, 3 years agoAs a Web Developer I have clients that come to me after losing their website to hackers, just need a redesign, or use to have a website but want to use data from that. Way Back Machine has allowed us to find content from way way back and we thank you for that.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Ammon, 3 years agoJust like anything worthwhile, it takes learning how to use this "tool" correctly. Despite a few comments I've seen.....it's not hard to use if you spend some time to learn what it does and how to correctly implement it's abilities. I find, when I find NO results for an item I KNOW is out there, I just rename my search or change to text and it gives me all the answers to what I am looking for without having to guess or give up. Great app.
- Rated 2 out of 5by sdschramm, 3 years agoVery annoying, this add on keeps popup up and taking over webpages that are not down and normally would load fine. Sounds like others are having the same issue. I guess I'll have to remove this if the developers are not going to fix it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14993197, 3 years agoThis app is pretty useful when for some reason you want to access a link that is dead or you want to read posts from a specific time in the past. However I think this addon really needs a setting to specify how long it needs to wait until it pops up, as well as a website specific disable feature, as it often breaks CloudFlare protections, popping up before CloudFlare gets a chance to load. For some websites you can just close the popup, annoying but not a big problem, however on some sites, closing the popup forces CloudFlare to restart loading, the popup appears again, and it's an endless loop. Ideally it should have an option so it wouldn't even popup, and would have an option to only load Wayback Machine if I click the addon's icon.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Andrej Shadura, 3 years agoI love this extension, but false positives in recent months have been really annoying, I sometimes needed to press Back up to five times to just be able to see the page I was reading.