- Rated 4 out of 5by Boots, 16 days agoSometimes it can be quirky, to work properly, but I can usually figure it out. Is there a VDH for Dummies instruction page> LOL
Yes I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Panos K., a month agoExcellent addon but with not a friendly UI.
Please, make things easier.
Give us the option to restrict what is displayed in download panel. (MaxVariants is NOT working)
Give us the option to block some "variants". I do not want "audio only" or ".webm" etc. entries.
Force the plugin to clear the list on a page reload instead of adding entriew in the list.
Give us some info about Settings entries.
For example, what is the "Video size" setting value B,KB,MB or what ?
Thanks for your effort and time
- Rated 4 out of 5by StarFox2024, a month agoThis solution will solve your problem of stuttering playback when downloading HLS streams.
1. Enable HLS as m2ts under behaviour in settings and then
2. run the command 'ffmpg -i name.m2ts -c copy name.mp4' on the downloaded video to remove the corrupted data causing the stuttering.
I wish I could take credit for this solution but I cant. I found this solution on a videodownloadhelper q&a google group forum.
the user marcel posted this solution so without further ado here's the link to that forum: https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/Gmbmr1ZMKwY
Need to process a batch of corrupted HLS Downloads?
A user posted a nice powershell script at the bottom of the forum. Its speeds up the process when doing a batch of hls downloads.
From what I read on that forum the hls stream issue hasn't been addressed yet due to licensing issues but they plan to fix this problem in a future release once its not a licensing issue.
Thanks marcel and Sergey Sivushkin for originally posting the ffmpeg command and the powershell script.
i couldn't figure it out and it was driving me nuts to have to re encode every hls download.