- by Matthieu, 2 days agoRated 2 out of 5the QR code hard coded on every recorded video is too big and too annoying. Asking 20 bucks for such a small software which uses open source libraries to convert video is way above legitimate.
- by David Davidson, a month agoRated 2 out of 5Used to get the job done satisfying, but not anymore. The video lags when I click around now and the quality is subpar. Much worse than before, and I assume it's intentional. What a shame
- by Firefox user 16035516, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5Worked great in the past, save some strangeness a few versions back with live streams. Now Ubuntu has dropped support for the deb package for Firefox, and the Companion App refuses to work with either Snap or Flatpak installations.
- by KirkH420, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5It probably does what it claims it can do and it's nice that it's reviewed by Mozilla. However, it can't provide the basic service that it claims that it's designed for, unless the user installs additional software and in my opinion, it's kinda shady that they didn't mention this on their add-on info page. So I removed it without trying further actions.
Should definitely be up front regarding additional required dependencies. Especially when most of the other similar add-ons do mention it. It's almost like, they're hoping to catch a few extra downloads from people who're looking to avoid the additional "helper" executable.
- by Jim, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Used to work fine. Now it needs fixed! Keeps demanding some stinking companion app.
If the thing doesn't work, fix it. Should not have to have a special "app" installed for it to work.
Looking for something better.
- by wytrzeszcz, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5+ It does what it supposue to do rather well, handy if youtube-dl can't go deep enough
- Boi does it mine or something, when not use it ate my whole ram and cpu power.
- by Heavy Cruiser, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5I've used this app for years and have been very satisfied with it. However, it appears youtube, vimeo and many other sites have figured out how to "break" it. Now, if it downloads at all, it gets hung on "aggregating" for an hour or more. Sadly, this add on is no longer very functional, it's hit or miss if it's going to work,so I cannot recommend it.
- by Astroman, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5I used to use this plug in on a previous Mac OS and was very happy with it (that's why I have avoided a one star rating). However, while downloading it to run with Firefox on Mac OSX Big Sur, I have hit a brick wall. A companion app is requested but the OS states that it is out of date and cannot be checked for malware. Attempts to circumvent this security barrier have failed, the companion app won't run and thus Video Download Helper is dead in the water.
- by elvisef, 5 months agoRated 2 out of 5All worked fine till now. Unfortunately, there is something wrong with the so called "firm app" or "company app" (translated from polish, as it is written). The app did not alert me about bad files while downloading, about any errors. Just downloaded files and... files were not complete. About 70% of files were downloaded with error of just being not complete. So my recommendation is to NOT use the firm app. And to use the browser standard download option.
- by Firefox user 12568837, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5Works pretty well, you don't need an extension to save most videos but this extension has plenty of options to make sure you can download any video.
IMAGINE WATERMARKING A VIDEO BECAUSE YOU SAVE THE USER 5 SECONDS IN FFMPEG LOOOOOOOOL
- by Ryanjp89, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5This extension used to be my favorite, and my go to for youtube, or other videos to download. Unfortunately the extension seems to have really decreased in quality.
By adding water marks, and downloading videos and music in very low quality it has really been frustraiting. Even if I set it to DL in highest, it forces it to download in a much lower quality version.
- by Antoineboy, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5L'application était très bien avant. Mais depuis qu'elle est passée payante, le fait de devoir télécharger un logiciel (avec des trackers ?) et d'avoir des logo imprimés important sur les vidéos pour influencer à payer un prix prohibitifs pour une appli qu'on utilise une ou deux fois par mois... L'appli s'est aussi complexifiée sans que cela soit vraiment justifié par le résultat.