- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13470324, 2 years agoI was using uBlock Origin for a very long time with great satisfaction.
Unfortunately, for the past few months, the plugin makes using Firefox a chore - a lot of web pages doesn't load on the first try, I'm greeted with the message:
"Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site."
Once I disable the plugin, everything works fine again.
I'm afraid I will need to switch to a different adblocker and not recommend uBlock Origin anymore.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Traveller, 2 years agoThe reason for the 3 stars: I've been using uBlock for about 2 years now. Extremely efficient against ads. But too demanding performance-wise.
Basically sometimes my FF becomes literally unusable, it freezes up for 5-10mins. I sometimes have to restart it 3-4 times to get it to load my first page! At first I thought it was FF itself and was actually looking for an alternative browser, but then I got a hint that it could be the ads + uBlock. So I disabled it and IMMEDIATELY FF started normally as if the freezing that was happening before did never happen. I was really shocked that uBlock can have such a negative effect performance-wise. But now I am sure it is uBlock.
I am going to switch to another probably less efficient adblocker. But I cannot sacrifice that much performance even if it is for good ad blocking.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Bombo Bombom, 2 years agoGreat addon, but very hard to manage when it comes to trying to get some authentication links to work. Even when allowing all involved URLs, some strict blocking seem to be forced and had to use Edge instead.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17156146, 2 years agoThis Adblocker was alway awesome until recently. Somehow ads that were blocked before, are now everywhere. I block them, but they return after I refresh the page. That is unfortunate. Other adblockers are slowing down firefox...
- Rated 3 out of 5by Alejandro, 2 years agoMy experience has been by so great with this extension, but recenlty It started not blocking the adds on pages I visit most of the time. I believe it's due to the recent update 2 days ago.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 10206391, 2 years agoGood on most sites, but when you encounter a problem site, there is no way to report it other than the hugely obtuse Reddit.com, where you will find it impossible to either submit a problem or to understand HOW TO SUBMIT A PROBLEM unless you speak 'coder' language.
Utterly useless 'help' section, and the 'instructions' are about as useless. Oh, wait---there are no instructions.
- Rated 3 out of 5by AmazingGabriel16, 2 years agoThe user experience is overall great, and the ad block part of the add-on is awesome, however the element picker needs major work. You are unable to revert changes properly, select individual changes to revert and unclear as to what has changed (added/removed) from the webpage when it loads in the cosmetic filter.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Xaymar, 3 years agoIt works, or at least in part works. Some response codes from Servers, like 429, completely break this plugin - even if it is "turned off" with the big button. The only fix is to disable the addon.
- Rated 3 out of 5by TELLALL4ALL, 3 years ago10-20-23: getting slower to load or won't load or won't show gui to delete ads. can't capture some site's ads. no way to delete all the little social widgets at the same time. just getting TOO damn slow
3-17-23: Still the best addon on the net. But always room for improvement. Slow to respond often. Doesn't work on little social media widgets because you spend more time blocking each one than it's worth: fb,and others. No way to easily report pages where it does not work. Slow to mark offending jpgs and slow to load and block them. Still a very good addon, indispensable.
12-17-22: So far I see no way to block these little social media widgits which you have to delete one by one and this takes forever. Many sites incorporate their garbage into the main page and it's difficult if not impossible to get rid of it. In short it works like 95% of the time and for 5% you have to put up with website garbage. No easy way within the program to report sites and bugs.
7-20-22: no easy way to report pages that block it's use. Some pages it will not work. Often slow to bring up the block window.
9-16-21: Still great. On some sites when you try to use the eyedropper, the popup for the script to delete the ad does not appear or appears and then immediately disappears or does not appear at all. Making it difficult to select the script that needs to be blocked. Still a great addon though.
If you don't have ublock origin, you should get it. Best add on on the market. Extremely useful in eliminating the garbage idiot admined websites throw your way. Has a learning curve but not bad. Kudos to the developer for this program, wish they'd design a web browser too. Great.