- by Flash_Mob_In_This_Bus_65, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I use this with Deluge 1.3.15 and it works flawlessly. Just installed it, copied and pasted the URL and then put in the password and that was it. Really use to use and it gives a little notification when it has successfully added a torrent to the client so you don't have to manually check yourself. Has made my life a ton easier.
- by Firefox user 13706160, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great replacement for legacy add-ons to upload torrents to a seedbox automatically.
Magnets work perfectly, but sadly torrents require "Right-Clicking + Add To Torrent". As far as I'm aware it's a limitation of the Add-On API, so not exactly the fault of the Add-on.
- by Firefox user 13524899, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm using this wonderful Add-on since a bit over a month. Magnet-Links, Torrent, both work flawless. I added over 250 Torrents this way and didn't had a single problem. Thank you so much!
- by roniedhaka, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hello, the app is magnificent. I have installed it 2 weeks back and used it with no issues. Today, 4th January 2018 i tried to use it and the torrent starts downloading but the whole Mozilla got slow. All other browser activity or working start acting like slow. Mouse movements or click or open anything or type on Mozilla takes really slow. I have not upgrade my browser, still same 52.5.3.
whats happening here? If i pause the torrent, all back to normal.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoExtension doesn't keep persistent connections to the clients, so it doesn't know if the torrent is paused or not. There's also hasn't been update in almost a month.
You are most likely running torrent client on the same machine, and mouse lagging indicates that it is hogging all the cpu for some reason, probably due a bug.
- by SEMION, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 51. On FF 56 - icon white on white.
2. Transmission - saved credentials - but when press icon - it open site and ask for login+pass.FF 56 and 57 have some issues with toolbar action icons. Those will be resolved in FF 58.
Credentials are currently used only for extensions internal communication. Automatic login is planned, but is a bit tricky with some clients.
- by thuerrsch, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5The bug re: Transmission with no credentials has been fixed. Thanks for the quick response! Upgrading this extension to five stars for doing exactly what it promises, nothing more, nothing less, in the simplest manner possible.*edit* this should be fixed now
Thanks for providing a bit more info into this. Looks like there's bug with csrf token when used without credentials. I'll fix this later today.
- by Firefox user 13577153, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is exactly what I've been looking for.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to add torrents to my transmission torrent server. Tried clicking on a magnet link as well as using right-click menu 'Add torrent' option. Nothing happens. Not sure what information would be helpful. Running Firefox 57, Fedora 27, transmission-daemon-2.92-8
When I click on a magnet link, in the Firefox 'Launch Application' window I see the following:
Torrent Control Magnet Handler
add on is working now!! Issue was likely related to the 'no credential' issue.*edit* this is fixed now
You should see notification almost immediately telling you that the operation was successful or what error occured. I'm trying to replicate this as not getting any kind of notification shouldn't be possible.
Automatic magnet url catching requires redirecting them to nonexisting domain that the extension listens. So it looks a bit odd but works.
- by Kihltech, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5*Update* Excellent speed and rapid fix from the maintainer!
Good start. However, using this addon for Transmission shuts down the daemon on the server..?
Suggestion: Make it possible to keep the default server/RPC address in the settings field and let the user edit it instead of typing it all again.