- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14357202, 4 years agoThis is the way that containers should have been implemented natively. Thanks for this add-on and the effort that you put into this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15280441, 4 years agoOne of my must have. It makes browser so much private by isolating every websites inside their own temporary container. Just remember to not accept third party cookies. After leaving site all cookies are deleted, but you still keep your history. If you want to keep cookies from one site (eg. to keep logged in), just create persistent (normal) container for this one site and check to always open this one site in its own container. It still gonna be isolated, but cookies won't be deleted.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Elzen, 4 years agoCool work :-)
I'd rather have some more control of temporary container names/colours, though: when you open several temporary containers at the same time, having them only called “tmp1”, “tmp2”, etc. may be a little confusing (it's possible to change it in the preferences, but that's not really user-friendly).
I wish the toolbar button could display a small popup allowing to select the name, colour and icon for the container (pre-filled with the automatic settings). Would it be possible?
*EDIT after the answer* I thought it as an option (I presumed that was in the aims of the toolbar popup when activated, but sadly not). I agree that it should not be the default behaviour.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThanks!
Since the Add-on is about temporary containers, having the option to change name/color/icon for already opened containers might lead to the impression that they're not really temporary but permanent instead - so I'll probably not implement such a feature.
You can however long-click the new tab button, which reveals the container list and a "Manage Containers" button at the bottom, which is a quick-access to the container preferences where you could change its properties. Hope that helps.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14751015, 4 years agoConfusing interface and support docs. I couldn't get it to do what I thought it was supposed to do.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Halim, 4 years agoNot good as Private Tab because what I search in this Temporary Containers was collected in browser history.
Edit: Found setting to auto delete history but still not good enough because what I type in "fill box" like tab or google search box is still there
Developer responseposted 4 years agoSorry it doesn't meet your needs. Please note that Temporary Containers does not support "Private Tabs" because the needed Firefox APIs are not available to provide that feature - hence there's no mention in the TC description saying you're able to open "Private Tabs". If Firefox implements the needed APIs, I'll look into adding that feature.
- Rated 5 out of 5by kalimbra_gandi, 4 years agovery useful when you have to verify several different sessions in the same time. One improvement I would like would be the possibility the change the color for each tab / session to avoid mistakes.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ZeroAnarchy, 4 years agoВместе с Firefox Multi-Account Containers (https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers) образует мощную систему контейнерной изоляций сайтов. Действительно классная вещь.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Eni, 4 years agoOne of the must to have addon ever.
Automatic mode is perfect just activate it and forget everything else.
Only one thing It should add all same domain & subdomain in the same container seems logic for me no ?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Alex, 4 years agoThe auto mode set it and forget it is a dream! An indispensable add-on to combat all the big tech companies (Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc) that follow you around the web and record huge amount of data about you.